I have an idea for a Need for Speed Game.

The Future of Need For Speed
gzilla46
Ricer
Ricer

I have an idea for a Need for Speed Game.

Post by gzilla46 »

Here it is. It's called Need for Speed: Total Destruction.

In this game, you can select from over 120 licensed cars, such as the Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro, Dodge Grand Caravan(yes, for the first time in NFS history, you can drive a minivan) and Volkswagen Beetle. Plus, this game should do something NO need for Speed game has EVER done. Allow you to use weapons. Yes, now you can equip your car with guns, snipers, cannons, missile launchers and more weapons. The open-world free-roaming environments are ENTIRELY destructible, using Frostbite 2. You can blow up buildings, traffic cars, enemy racers, police cars, just about anything. It's the most destructive NFS game EVER! Free Roam is back too.

So, what do you think?
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Re: I have an idea for a Need for Speed Game.

Post by Zotic+ »

Its not a bad idea. But not for a nfs game. See this why I think nfs is NY as great as it used to be. The producecs are straying far away from the original concept of the game. This idea is a good idea but manufacturers Wouldn't allow this destruction on licensed vehicles. This is a good concept for a twisted metal game though
Instagram @SupraHKS
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

Are u kidding me? flatout and twisted metal have got it covered already...even gta4...

its a good idea...but not for nfs
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I can think of quite a few games whose only purpose is to drive around destroying stuff. FlatOut games were the best at it in my opinion, even though you couldn't use weapons.

I don't think a NFS game would be successfully by going that way. Even if very well done.
gzilla46
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gzilla46 »

So, NFS is not a good game series to put this idea in?

I thought up of more ideas for the game, though. Can I tell you them at least?

Next up is, Xbox Live. You can compete in intense, destructive races online with people around the world. Enemy racers have weapons on their cars too. That's why there's tension in every race. It's destroy or be destroyed. You can customize the weapon arrangements the way you want it. You can do lots of things on Free Roam, like collect bonus content, or just go on a rampage in the city and blow stuff up.

Plus, once again, YOU CAN DRIVE A MINIVAN(Grand Caravan) for the first time.

P.S. How come you couldn't drive a Caravan in the previous NFS games?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

gzilla46 wrote:So, NFS is not a good game series to put this idea in?
In my opinion, no. There are other racing games that focus on destruction, and do it very well.

Also, everything you are saying already exists, and again I don't really see the point of turning NFS into a destruction derby racing game + freeroam GTA style.

Oh and the minivan... are you obsessed with minivans? :D It would be a first for NFS, sure, but then why not a truck, a double decker bus, a F1 car, a kart, a tank, etc. :)

EDIT: Hmm ok... you do have an obsession with minivans. :lol:

http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 10&t=20370
gzilla46
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gzilla46 »

Hydro_PT wrote:
gzilla46 wrote:So, NFS is not a good game series to put this idea in?
In my opinion, no. There are other racing games that focus on destruction, and do it very well.

Also, everything you are saying already exists, and again I don't really see the point of turning NFS into a destruction derby racing game + freeroam GTA style.

Oh and the minivan... are you obsessed with minivans? :D It would be a first for NFS, sure, but then why not a truck, a double decker bus, a F1 car, a kart, a tank, etc. :)

EDIT: Hmm ok... you do have an obsession with minivans. :lol:

http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 10&t=20370
lol at the tank part
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

Minivans!?...its nfs we r talking abt here...not midtown madness 3...or saints row 3...
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Someone is really obsessed with minivans....

And guns in NFS?
But then why not it's not like EA can lower NFS franchise any more so....

Ok in all honesty it will never happen, if only it was because of licensing issues, no car company wants their cars to be used as tanks or other military material.

And no guns on a minivan doesn't make a minivan cool :wink:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

TheStig wrote:Someone is really obsessed with minivans....

And guns in NFS?
But then why not it's not like EA can lower NFS franchise any more so....
How not? What about NFS The Run? I just get pissed off all the time with the Cayenne's shooting you like mad....was that NFS? LOL.
TheStig wrote: Ok in all honesty it will never happen, if only it was because of licensing issues, no car company wants their cars to be used as tanks or other military material.
Thrust me, it seems you didn't play NFS The Run at hard at least. I have these annoying PORSCHE CAYENNE'S chasing me down with machineguns shooting my car....
TheStig wrote: And no guns on a minivan doesn't make a minivan cool :wink:
And yet you have the Cayenne's with bad guys shooting you lol
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

A: the Cayenne is NOT a minivan, it's a SUV made by one of the biggest sportscar companies (and no that doesn't mean it's a sportscar)

B: No I haven't played The Run and I don't intend to play it, the last couple of NFS games sucked and didn't expect the Run to be any different, and guess what, the reviews confirmed it.
People shooting at you is one thing strapping guns on your car and trying to destroy the opponents (in real cars) is a whole other story.

And I also said, why not? it's not like EA could make it any worse than it already is, so why not add guns, and while we are at it, why not go Saints Row 3 style and get out of the car and slap your opponents with a big purple dildo.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

TheStig wrote:and while we are at it, why not go Saints Row 3 style and get out of the car and slap your opponents with a big purple dildo.
That would be absolutely epic! :lol: :lol: But that wouldn't be NFS... (or ehh, I hope not). :D
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

TheStig wrote:A: the Cayenne is NOT a minivan, it's a SUV made by one of the biggest sportscar companies (and no that doesn't mean it's a sportscar)
My intention was to relate a "minivan" with a SUV, but the concept of a big car shooting you is there...
TheStig wrote: B: No I haven't played The Run and I don't intend to play it, the last couple of NFS games sucked and didn't expect the Run to be any different, and guess what, the reviews confirmed it.
People shooting at you is one thing strapping guns on your car and trying to destroy the opponents (in real cars) is a whole other story.
Stick to video gameplay, those Cayenne's are just annoying pests, worst thing is that my Lamborghini Murcielago (or any other Tier 4 car) seems that it can't outrun a heavier car...with people and guns inside lol
TheStig wrote: And I also said, why not? it's not like EA could make it any worse than it already is, so why not add guns,
That would kill the NFS reputation once and for all, at least I'm expecting Criterion or a new developer to come and rescue this mess....again.
TheStig wrote: and while we are at it, why not go Saints Row 3 style and get out of the car and slap your opponents with a big purple dildo.
Been there, done that lol! SR3 is just awesome lol
gzilla46
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gzilla46 »

But I believe this is a cool idea, packed with racing, weapons, lots of playable cars, and destruction. Lots and lots of destruction.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

gzilla46 wrote:But I believe this is a cool idea, packed with racing, weapons, lots of playable cars, and destruction. Lots and lots of destruction.
NFS The Run (go to Colorado Pass and you will see lol)
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

i have the need for speed in a MINIVAN lol

i swear this thread is funny to read

i think nfs needs a monster truck only game :lol:
Instagram @SupraHKS
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Zotic+ wrote:i have the need for speed in a MINIVAN lol

i swear this thread is funny to read

i think nfs needs a monster truck only game :lol:
Skii NFS game...
erdarr
Stock
Stock

Post by erdarr »

your idea is better off on a Gran Tourismo Game perhaps, i love the NFS game already, i guess the game itself and its limitations is what makes this game unique from other famous race car games out there so it is something that i appreciate about it. I do hope that they do put some upgrades though especially for the next NFS so that people will really have something to look forward to,

Return to “NFS 2022”