All Showroom related news
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

Car of the Week #15-16

Post by TW1ST3R »

R34_! by jDM_TuNerX

For quite long time we haven't seen any Skyline R34's that would stand out in the showroom. This one does it, particularly because of those sweet, candy colours. The cherry base colour with backing vinyls really makes a nice combination with green, light blue and probably grey shurikens. Decalwork is executed without a doubt. The rims look badass in pure black. Also the black trunk, carbon-fiber hood and that front bumper's black element. So, yeah, this one really has a candy-look and finally the pres with this awesome background (taken by his camera) gives it a justice.
- kostovmilica9

. Caramel . by kostovmilica9

In every game exotic cars like Murcielago are hard for tuning. Yeah,everyone can do the car, but can anybody do something impressive? Kostovmilica9, known more popularly as KM9, has done something impressive. He combined these wonderful colors in one great car.The caramel base color and brown like wood effect are one great color combination. TENZO R wheels with this edging fit very good with base color of the car. Also the press makes this car one of the best Lamborghinis in NFS Carbon in all categories.
- StaneSKT
kostovmilica9
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Car of the Week #15-16

Post by kostovmilica9 »

We did a great work again! Thanks, stane, for the article, also thanks, twister, for editing and updating. :) We should do this more often.
gabetune
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gabetune »

why not my new mustang rtr? its solid style much better than a shiznit messed up skyline
kostovmilica9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by kostovmilica9 »

noob detected.
DroneBG
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DroneBG »

KM9 is right! Gabetune, I didn't believe that you would say this... And about your RTR, yes it's good, but jDM_TuNerX spent some time on that Skyline, your Mustang almost doesn't have any vinyls. Anyway I may be wrong, but I just cannot believe that you argue about that your ride is not in "Car of the week"!
gabetune
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gabetune »

me noob? now i lold... if km9 is a writer why is he showed up in COTW two or three time?? now thats noob... man seriusly think about yourself
DroneBG
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DroneBG »

So what if he's in COTW and he's a writer?! KM9 writes the articles for other cars, not his.
gabetune
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gabetune »

its unfair from any point of view! its like a site editor wins the SRC! there is a lot of people who wants his/her car showed here but bloopers like this taken away theyre chances
DroneBG
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DroneBG »

How is he taking away their chances?! By making awesome rides?! Didn't get your point...
jDM_TuNerX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by jDM_TuNerX »

No don't you see, "its just a piece of shiznit, a blooper on wheels."
But don't worry, after next weekend I'll be out of here, then you can have all the attention that you need....
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TW1ST3R »

Gabetune if you must know, Car of the Week is not selected at random. We go through a process of picking writers and entries much like we would for In the Spotlight, Wallpaper Art, etc.
Each week each member of the team posts their favourite entries that were uploaded after the time of the previous issue in our private forum. Members don't suggest their own work, although another member of the team may choose to. After that a selection is made for the most suitable entry, taking into account the following:
- vinylwork
- presentation
- visual/photogenic aspects in screenshots

- last feature of the uploader's work - we avoid featuring the same person twice in a row where possible.
Once a selection is made based on he above, the team then allocates the writing of the article; if the entry is the work of one of our own, that person is exempt from the writing of the article - ergo Milosh will never write for his own work, nor will I, Stane or any of the others.

And in regards to site editors winning SRCs/CTCs - we're not eligible for any prizes: we may hold the title of 1st place if we're good enough, but the prize will immediately go to the next in line. Don't forget that the competition is an anonymous one at that, while also being subject to a public vote.

If you have a problem with this you can take your argument further up the hierarchical tree. As far as anyone on the team is concerned, these are both fair systems. Not to mention that it's difficult to find people to write articles - to be frank, the number of people with a strong grasp of English, a decent level of site activity and interest in writing is quite low; most of these also happen to be prominent tuners on the site, so where we can we attempt to put other user's work before staff if it meets the above criteria.
gabetune
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gabetune »

TWISTER i know, but i dont like the way you'll mostly pick the cars. bcoz always that guy wins who have a name here or very active. Picking newcomers makes them feel happy and thats grows the community. "old/skilled" members eventually get the attention bcoz they entries are attractive.

dronebg who are you exactly? never heard about you, why are u so upset? I think those pro street messy styles are over just like stickerbomb. and after a long time its getting boring with almost the same photoshop effects. clean style is here. sometimes less is more, remember these words
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TW1ST3R »

It's Car of the Week - not the Underrated section of the Insider. We're using Car of the Week as a 'placeholder' until we get the Insider up and running again. And yes we would like to feature new guys more, but it's hard to find someone these days when the majority of new users are here for the leaderboards rather than the tuning.

However if you're passionate about promoting the underrated or new users of the site - would you consider writing those articles when the Showroom Insider is back up and running? We're planning on changing it from an non-compiled monthly issue into individual articles such as these which can be uploaded at the writer's discretion (after consultation with the editors) in order to provide more Showroom news and features more often.
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

Still bored,jDM R34 and your RTR are great cars,but they are different styles,your is more something like beauty shots of the cars,jDM work is more ot the tuning,Anyway R34 and RTR and great cars.For KM9,what if he is in Car Of The Week again? If he have a great rides,great presses,creative ideas wht not? The site is not just to be only on the top is for fun everything else is out of this.

Return to “News”