PC or console?

2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted
ficko88
Ricer
Ricer

PC or console?

Post by ficko88 »

Hey guys

So MW2012 isn't that far away anymore but I still haven't made my pre-order.
My question is, will there any big differences between the PC and console version? (other than graphics)

And will the PC get left out when it comes to DLC?
I first bought HP2010 for PC at release but I also got it for the PS3 because I really wanted the new cars.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: PC or console?

Post by junior6at »

At this point, it's a safe assumption that PC won't get any DLC, unless they decide to release free content on all platforms. If you think you'll be interested in DLC in the future then buying it for console might be the way to go.

As far as I know there isn't any differences between the versions. I'm even surprised they aren't doing some platform exclusive cars like they usually do.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

junior6at wrote:
At this point, it's a safe assumption that PC won't get any DLC, unless they decide to release free content on all platforms. If you think you'll be interested in DLC in the future then buying it for console might be the way to go.

As far as I know there isn't any differences between the versions. I'm even surprised they aren't doing some platform exclusive cars like they usually do.
They said if you want to play the game at its fullest buy it on PC , its gonna be 1080p and all the bells and whistles 720p for consoles.as far DLC goes they will probably release the DLC see for free on pc but later on and some of them not all of them.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Phantom_pain33 wrote: ...
as far DLC goes they will probably release the DLC see for free on pc but later on and some of them not all of them.
they won't probably release the dlc
but never
none of them.

there you go... :D .. i made some corrections.! :lol:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well, it's EA's decision when it comes to DLC on the PC. With Hot Pursuit, Criterion clearly said they wanted to release all the cars on the PC too, but EA said no. So, all the PC got was the 3 free convertible cars. With SHIFT 2 that didn't happen, the PC got all the DLC and for free, while the console users paid for it. The Run didn't have DLC on the PC. I guess that now we should have some or even all the DLC on the PC too. Criterion is now in charge of the series, so I hope they have a bit more power about these things. They surely want to release all cars on the PC too.

The fact that so far they haven't announced any plataform-exclusive car, I think that may be a sign that all platforms will get the same content.
ficko88
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ficko88 »

So the only advantage the PC version will have is better graphics while consoles will have "from the couch" experience? :D
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

also with the PC you'll have the keyboard which is the best device to play nfs arcade games (a lot of people tend to disagree though)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Actually, I hope Criterion did a good job when it comes to racing wheels. Hot Pursuit 2010 and even The Run were much better with a racing wheel in my opinion. I tried both games with a keyboard and I didn't enjoy the handling too much. But with a wheel everything is nicer. Nothing fancy though, these are not simulators, but you have so much more fun with a wheel and pedals... and the little force feedback effects help. In Hot Pursuit you could do some crazy evasive manoeuvres with a wheel which are much more difficult with a keyboard. Online I even had an advantage over keyboard players, I must say. Going around the corners using a wheel gives you more control and feels way better. :)
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Hydro_PT wrote:Actually, I hope Criterion did a good job when it comes to racing wheels. Hot Pursuit 2010 and even The Run were much better with a racing wheel in my opinion. I tried both games with a keyboard and I didn't enjoy the handling too much. But with a wheel everything is nicer. Nothing fancy though, these are not simulators, but you have so much more fun with a wheel and pedals... and the little force feedback effects help. In Hot Pursuit you could do some crazy evasive manoeuvres with a wheel which are much more difficult with a keyboard. Online I even had an advantage over keyboard players, I must say. Going around the corners using a wheel gives you more control and feels way better. :)
of course... a wheel is THE perfect device... for all sims, simcades and arcades...

i was comparing KB with controllers. wheels have a league of their own.!
ficko88
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ficko88 »

Navid_A1 wrote:also with the PC you'll have the keyboard which is the best device to play nfs arcade games (a lot of people tend to disagree though)
That doesn't make sense to me neither.

I'd use a controller too on a PC.

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”