Most Wanted 2012 - Users reviews

2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Most Wanted 2012 - Users reviews

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Man the cops in this game are just crazy,they search for you , they go wherever you go and then they try to be daredevils by also hitting the jumps as i see them in the air i laugh when they land because they land bad and start flipping and if i stay there they hit me.its just funny those funny moments that make the game stand out even with all the flaws and repetitive stuff and pursuits on the mountain roads are a blast the swat unit are mobile roadblock they will hit you and your done you know whats so funny criterion most wanted resembles a lot the cop pursuit action the black box most wanted demonstration footage had before they made the original most wanted and even the map looks similar.
Xaffax
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Xaffax »

I have the X-box- 360 version, and it runs flawless till now.
It's a solid game and looks good.

The big problem this game, Most Wanted 2012, has is that it's predecessor Most Wanted 2005 is simply more fun to play.
Getting money to buy new and better cars, and pimping them is core to that fun.
Finding cars...where is the fun in that?
Buying and customizing your own unique ride and blowing the other street racers away.
Winning pink slips.
All this is missing and it becomes a kind of hybrid of hot pursuit and burnout.
It is not as dull as horizon or as gay as test drive unlimited 2 but it simply lacks the Vin Dieselesque uber macho touch that Most Wanted 2005 has, and I miss that.

I MW 2005 you crashed and then drove on.In MW2012 after a crash the game resets the car on the road like in hot pursuit. It doesn't feel right in that game and it doesn't here either. It is not in keeping with the open world concept.

And there is no story line with cheesy cut scenes. Or I at least I haven't seen one till now.

This all would not be a problem for me if this game wasn't called Need for "Speed Most Wanted," but it is called that.
The name raises expectations. People like me buy it because they loved the first Most Wanted. It doesn't meet those expectations.

So I feel a bit cheated.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Xaffax wrote:I have the X-box- 360 version, and it runs flawless till now.

The big problem this game, Most Wanted 2012, has is that it's predecessor Most Wanted 2005 is simply more fun to play.
Buying and customizing your own unique ride and blowing the other street racers away.
Winning pink slips.
It is not as dull as horizon or as gay as test drive unlimited 2 but it simply lacks the Vin Dieselesque uber macho touch that Most Wanted 2005 has, and I miss that.

I MW 2005 you crashed and then drove on.In MW2012 after a crash the game resets the car on the road like in hot pursuit. It doesn't feel right in that game and it doesn't here either. It is not in keeping with the open world concept.

And there is no story line with cheesy cut scenes. Or I at least I haven't seen one till now.

This all would not be a problem for me if this game wasn't called Need for "Speed Most Wanted," but it is called that.
The name raises expectations. People like me buy it because they loved the first Most Wanted. It doesn't meet those expectations.

So I feel a bit cheated.
Looks like you ignore watching the game trailers and going into forums man, there was a lot of information release on this game pretty much pointing out that there's no story,no ricing,and the game its a re-imagine version of most wanted not a remake, reboot or sequel and if you ever played criterion games you would know what to expect , next time do your research before you buy the game most of us here like the game even tho it has many flaws.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

i just can't describe how happy i am about cancelling my pre-order.

i had the chance to play the game for about 6 hours on my friends PC ( i just can't forget his face when he realized how he threw his 50$ out the window) and i only have this to say:

a friendly advice for criterion:
seeing how you normally RE-imagine things...it's best for you not to imagine anything in the future.

this NFS is just a burnout clone using a big name for greater sales.... and before anyone start saying things such as "it's criterion" and "what did you expect?".. i should say that i expected a need for speed... if i wanted burnout... well i would have bought burnout for a much less price.

i'm out.

and if there's going to be another porsche unleashed some day, i hope criterion or it's developers wouldn't get withing a light year of it.
Xaffax
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Xaffax »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
Xaffax wrote:I have the X-box- 360 version, and it runs flawless till now.

Winning pink slips.

So I feel a bit cheated.
Looks like you ignore watching the game trailers and going into forums man, there was a lot of information release on this game pretty much pointing out that there's no story,no ricing,and the game its a re-imagine version of most wanted not a remake, reboot or sequel and if you ever played criterion games you would know what to expect , next time do your research before you buy the game most of us here like the game even tho it has many flaws.
That is just nonsense. If they want to make a new game, then give it a new name. By calling it "Most Wanted" they are luring in the old fan base of the 2005 game. THAT IS THE ONLY REASON IT IS CALLED "MOST WANTED." You are right I didn't read all the articles before buying it. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. If your product isn't what it seems to be, it should say so on the package not in some article people may or may not read. They are selling porkies, it's as simple as that.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

U MAD BRO?
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

GT3x24x7 wrote:U MAD BRO?
really need a +1 or +rep button...

it's EXACTLY as I expected...

game goes in a very different direction, people whine it's "not the same, it sucks"
game is same with updated graphics, people whine it's "same thing, new skin, it sucks"

people just never get them for what they are >.>

just leave the things in the past as they are, in the past, and just take what's new AS IS, and enjoy it for what they are... if you're TRULY wanting the old experience, NOTHING is stopping you from going back to play them... and hey... STORY in a racing game SUCKS... it has always sucked, and Most Wanted is no different... Story? WHAT story? there was NO "story" in the game other than some dude cheated and you want payback... oh and this crazy police inspector wants you dead as well... yeah... "fun" ...

I played some more yesterday, and was stuck doing one of the "Hard" V12 Vantage races, the one where I had to get a 209km/h+ average speed... did about 10 times to FINALLY nail it (at 221km/h XD) I'm getting more used to the heavy handling of the game now... and really, keyboard controls make a difference

still the ONLY big complaint is that we can't turn off the "crash cam"
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

zedex wrote:just leave the things in the past as they are, in the past, and just take what's new AS IS, and enjoy it for what they are... if you're TRULY wanting the old experience, NOTHING is stopping you from going back to play them...
=D>
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

criterion trademarks are:
Autolog - good crash cams - sluggish controls
think of it as a dish in a restaurant.

but i'm done being fed the same thing with the only difference being the plate's color.

someone have to tell criterion... yeah... those are cool things you introduced..but you don't need to rub it on everyone's face every 10 seconds. you know.... it does not work on everything... everytime

also one more thing... why am i get the feeling that this nfs is more like a comedy movie rather than a serious racing game (i remember a level when you have to outrun the cops and there was cop car rain on the road... FROM THE SKY... what is this?.

thank god you don't make shooter games... otherwise we had soldiers lap dancing with each other and blowing up nukes in each other a$$es just for the hell of it.... WTF?
zedex wrote: just leave the things in the past as they are, in the past, and just take what's new AS IS, and enjoy it for what they are...
are you serious?
i guess i can easily sell a wooden carriage to you as the BMW's next M3 model... :|
Xaffax
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Xaffax »

I don't agree with people who say something like "Oh but this is a new game, you have to take it as it is, and not expect it to be anything like the previous version."
If you make a new game than give it a new name. But if you use a classic title like Most Wanted, X-wing, Forza, Halo, GTA, Starcraft etc... then you set high expectations. People will buy your game with expectations. If you wanna fly high you better make sure you have the plane to do it. This title raises expectations and doesn't even remotely live up to it.

There is no reason why they couldn't have called this "Hot Pursuit Paradise"since it's more related to Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Xaffax wrote:... if you use a classic title like Most Wanted, X-wing, Forza, Halo, GTA, Starcraft etc...
Xaffax wrote:... People will buy your game ...
I'm sure this isn't news to anyone here.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Xaffax wrote:You are right I didn't read all the articles before buying it. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. If your product isn't what it seems to be, it should say so on the package not in some article people may or may not read.
Do people still blindingly buy things without researching? Especially in the internet age we live in?

While we cannot blame people for having expectations, pointing the fingers at the devs still isn't the way to go here. Criterion repeatedly and firmly made it clear that this is their game, as we've learned from HP2010.

Dislike the game, that's fine. Blaming the devs for wasting your money? They aren't holding a gun to your head, you know.
Xaffax wrote:It is not as dull as horizon or as gay as test drive unlimited 2 but it simply lacks the Vin Dieselesque uber macho touch that Most Wanted 2005 has, and I miss that.
Yup, can't take you seriously anymore.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

GT3x24x7 wrote:U MAD BRO?
COME AT ME BREW

In other news, this thing is fast holy knut!
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Xaffax wrote: ..." You are right I didn't read all the articles before buying it. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. If your product isn't what it seems to be, it should say so on the package not in some article people may or may not read.
every mistake has it's price.
unlike you i read/ watched / asked heavily on that and that caused the cancellation of my pre-order.

:|
trolling deleted.
Last edited by Navid_A1 on 03 Nov 2012, 06:34, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:
Xaffax wrote: ..." You are right I didn't read all the articles before buying it. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. If your product isn't what it seems to be, it should say so on the package not in some article people may or may not read.
every mistake has it's price.
unlike you i read/ watched / asked heavily on that and that caused the cancellation of my pre-order.

btw...i had another 3 hour playtime on my friend's pc last night
impressions:
1- car sounds are superb.!
2- world design is good... small, but good.
3- false demonstration of speed ( i can run faster than a car going at 100km/h in this game ).
4- boring... very boring
5- controls... same sh*t as HP2010.
to simplify that, imagine this conversation

me: ok... i wanna avoid collision with traffic in front of me... going left of it...
game: ok... ! :roll:
me: approaching... wide sweep corner... left lane... all's good.
game: hey yo... did you know i have epic crash scenes... want me to show you?
me: crash scene? .. what?.. wha?
game: ok... let me get rid of controls for you... :)
me: ow no you don't... there's no way i'm crashing... -- passed without crash --
game: alright... if you don't want to crash into traffic, i can arrange a wall crash for you... how's that?
BBBBAAAANNNNGGGG....
me: &^%$@#&%&@#$*&
game: that was cool... right?
me:^%$*#@&%(&^%@#
30 secs later...
game: did i mention i have very epic crash cams?
me:%#*&^%*&%#$
game: alright... how's that trash can?
game: surprised?... hehe... i can arrange crashes everywhere... even when you are not moving..
BANG...!
me:*#*&^%(@#%(*^%@#&^.
:-s Bro if you have soo much hate for this game and are so happy of cancelling the pre-order then why don't you create a place to rant about it and that's it...cause pretty much your review wont stop me from playing it and neither the others.because your opinion its not even consider a rant ,its immature, most of us here review the game and we did recognized the flaws it has,the car list and stuff but are we bragging and kinda like making fun of the flaws it has?..no..so you found the flaws ..let me guess you have discover america my friend..GTFO..might as well become a troll on YouTube go ahead and join the army of trolls on YouTube i'm sure you will fit just fine there if not its time you move on from need for speed cause criterion its staying whether you like it or not, i told ya get a console and buy forza horizon that's your game right there.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

all right phantom (and everyone)

i'm not usually a troll but i'm sorry. (it actually was the feeling the game gave to me... it was not fun).

everyone has his bad/good moments...
Phantom_pain33 wrote:fu** this man!...and f Ea damn corporation all they want its money forget bout the gaming experience..where its the heart in gaming?...everything.its one big monopoly.if it was up to developers we would have great games publisher are the mf problem.im soo disappointed soo much excitement for nothing im at the brink of concelling my order! :( ..this online exclusive crap its just overboard and no cops online?.wtf...
:wink:

i'll wait and see if any DLC or expansion can make me buy this.

also... i don't think criterion is the developer for the next nfs.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

The final race :,(

PsyKo_Aaron-xbox
Stock
Stock

Post by PsyKo_Aaron-xbox »

Just beat the game on Xbox, and I'm having a blast. Some minor flaws, but once you get used to the handling and find a car that drifts well, the game is great. Is it the original game? No. If it was, I wouldn't spend 60 bucks, I'd run to gamestop and buy it used for 5 bucks.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

So I got Most Wanted running today. I played about 20 minutes with the keyboard. I must say that the first impressions are quite good. There are some minor things I didn't like much, but here's my first opinion. :)

Graphics: in two words, damn good! :) With everything maxed out the game does look really good. The detail of the cars is great including moving parts like spoilers; shadows are realistic and the sun really blinds you. Textures are very good too. The city may not be as big as I thought (looking at the map I would say it is as big as Paradise City), but it is very varied and absolutely crazy! In 20 minutes I jumped through stuff, landed on the side of a building, drove calmly through a mountain road, played around destroyed airplanes, entered a tunnel, created some trouble with the cops and found about 10 cars, including the Lamborghini Countach. However, despite all this, the game is not properly optimized. In fact, I think Criterion did a really bad job, at least on the PC. The framerate is unstable even with everything off, I can have 60 fps and a second later they drop to 30, then get back to 60 or 50. Compared to Burnout Paradise, which ran at 60 fps EVERYTIME, and Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted 2012 has a crappy optimization. I played around with the settings a bit until I found a visual that I like, but the framerate only goes to about 40, and only when you are driving more or less alone. In the middle of the city, with traffic cars or cops around, the framerate and the constant breaks take all the fun away. I seriously hope Criterion is working on a patch right now. One good thing, the game still looks good even with everything off, which I think is good for players who don't own a nice computer. They will be able to play and still have reasonable graphics. Some games look awful when everything is turned off, but that's not the case with Most Wanted.

My current settings are: 1280x1024, High Resolution Textures ON, Motion Blur HIGH, Shadow Level LOW, Headlight Shadows ON, Ambient Occlusion OFF, Reflection Detail MEDIUM, VFX Detail MEDIUM, Geometry Detail HIGH, Light Scattering OFF.

Sound: perfect. =D> The roar of each car is awesomely made, I tried a bunch of different cars and all of them sounded great. OST is nice too, so far I enjoyed the tracks. Crashing effects are nice too, so in the sound department, nothing to say, Criterion did a good job. ;)

Gameplay: as I said, I started playing with the keyboard. I will try my Fanatec wheel later, but so far I enjoyed the handling. It is much better than The Run, and slightly better than Hot Pursuit. You can drift with ease and it feels natural. It is not as easy as in Hot Pursuit, but it is OK for me. Each car that I tried felt different.

The cars do slow down a bit when turning, but that's realistic my friends. Let an IndyCar driver explain. :mrgreen:
It comes down to the laws of physics. If you go into a turn, there are G-force loads that load the tire, and that tire only has so much grip. As you turn, that slows the thing down, it’s causing friction. Anytime you have friction, no matterwhat it is, it’s going to slow down.
I took that from a very interesting article about this matter. So, don't complain about the cars slowing down when turning, that just means Criterion made an arcade game, but still decided to apply some real life physics. :) And obviously, it depends what type of car you are driving. My Aston Martin didn't slow much while turning, but the Panamera did. I'm sure the Ariel Atom or the BAC Mono can turn without losing so much speed. I think a wheel might minimize this effect, because you will be able to control how much the wheels turn. With a keyboard, you press the key and the wheel turns all the way.

Anyway, back on the game, I love the way they designed the menu. You can access everything without ever "leaving" the game world, change game settings on the go, it's really well designed. Easy Drive menu so far is a plus for me. I also enjoy the speed cameras, the billboards, and overall jumping around. Taking down cars is AWESOME, in the first race the first thing I did was approach the rival car and hit him hard on the side. :lol: I also went for the cops as soon as I saw one Ford Crown Victoria. The pursuit lasted some 7 minutes, unfortunately, I was busted. :( But I liked how the cops kept going after you. Two minor flaws: no hood camera, and no rear-view mirror (I didn't find the key to look back either).

Overall, and after 20 minutes, I'm enjoying Most Wanted. I haven't played enough to have a solid opinion, especially when it comes to career length or multiplayer, but so far it is living up to my expectations. The city seems to be well designed to give you a lot of fun. I just hope Criterion brings a patch out to fix the optimization, otherwise I will have to wait for the price to go down.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Hydro_PT wrote:
Gameplay: as I said, I started playing with the keyboard. I will try my Fanatec wheel later, but so far I enjoyed the handling. It is much better than The Run, and slightly better than Hot Pursuit. You can drift with ease and it feels natural. It is not as easy as in Hot Pursuit, but it is OK for me. Each car that I tried felt different.
Two minor flaws: no hood camera, and no rear-view mirror (I didn't find the key to look back either).

Overall, and after 20 minutes, I'm enjoying Most Wanted. I haven't played enough to have a solid opinion, especially when it comes to career length or multiplayer,
i think you are right about the great graphics quality and bad optimization... my experience with the game was a constant 20fps... no matter what setting and resolution i change.

handling?... better than the run?... i strongly disagree... the handling in the run was spot on... in fact it was one of the only good things in that trash pile.! the crazy camera shakes made it look bad. i'm a keyboard player myself (except the shift series) but handling in this game seems so wrong.!

look back is "end" on the keyboard

career length is short... and its very repetitive. you race a single event for 4 or 5 times.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

To me, the handling in The Run was really bad, one of the worst in the NFS series, if not the worst (I think that even Undercover had better handling). No proper sense of speed, the cars felt like bricks on rails, sometimes they would spin without reason. With the wheel, things got a little bit better, but way far from "average" to me. Hot Pursuit, on the other hand, had a very nice handling. With the wheel the game was amazing, smooth, easy to control, easy to drift, I had lots of fun with it, especially online! :) Let's see if with a wheel Most Wanted's handling is better. I hope so, and if the wheel works correctly, I'm sure I won't go back to the keyboard. But well, that's my opinion, of course. To me, so far and playing with the keyboard, Most Wanted's handling is much better than The Run (keyboard or wheel), and slightly better than Hot Pursuit (keyboard only, as HP with a wheel is awesome).

I will probably spend most of my nigth today playing Most Wanted. Let's hope the wheel works ok, I will plug it now. I wonder if 900º rotation degrees work in the game. :D Hehe, probably not, I will keep in the range of 240º.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

personal taste maybe.

the problem with most wanted handling is not with the physics modeling and such... it's just the intentional slow motion steering or steering lag as others call it. (you can check it out for yourself)
i don't know about the fun factor but i think handling in the run was better regarding car control and pin point accuracy.!
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I just tried the wheel and... forget about it. It's no good use for this game. Keyboard seems the way to go, which is OK too. Proper arcade games don't need a steering wheel. I might get an Xbox 360 controller though, I think that for these type of racing games, it might be more user friendly. I can sit back and just enjoy the ride. :)

Still messing around with the graphics settings. I even took comparative shots with some options on or off. I will leave both light scattering and ambient occlusion OFF, as I don't like the effect (ambient occlusion has a high impact on the framerate). Headlight shadows don't seem to make any difference, so I will keep them ON. Shadows will probably be turned OFF, since they take a huge impact on performance. But I hate driving around without shadows. :( Reflections will be on MEDIUM, probably. VFX detail I don't know what it is. Geometry detail will be HIGH.

As for High Resolution Textures, I think that setting them off doesn't change much in the game world, and with them off the game is smoother.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

erm...

can someone explain how one can equip burn/powershot NOS and long/short gears in a bloody tesla roadster?
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Funny thing is the handling is The Run was and always will be shiznit. The handling in this isn't much better but it is still better.

However the slow down while turning is an issue. I agree there is slowdown while turning but not so much that you feel like you are doing an emergency stop...

There's been this problem with a few NFS's but it's something that should be addressed as arcade version of Shift 2 handling could easily be done rather than this...

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”