Security Gate problem

2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Vroomy
Stock
Stock

Security Gate problem

Post by Vroomy »

I'm stumped, I can't find one single security gate anymore and I only need two more. This has been going on for 4 days. I looked at a map with security gates. I can't give you URLs cause I'm new. I went to other sites too. I checked everywhere on the map again and again. I think I remember smashing closed gates but I didn't see the "Smash gate" or something like that on the top of the screen.

I went to site after site and I couldn't find anything. One person said that he had to start all over because he smashed the gates and it didn't register. I don't want to start all over just cause of some gates that I'm missing.

Please help.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Security Gate problem

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Well, my first thought is "forget it" quite frankly. The world won't end if you don't get those gates. It's definitely not enough for me to want to restart the entire game, if I had the same issue.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

What rewards would you unlock when all the gates are smashed? Im curious.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

As far as I know just a trophy/achievement.
Vroomy
Stock
Stock

Post by Vroomy »

I want to get the trophy and see what would happen if I get 100% on single player. Does anything happen if you get to 100%? I'm at 95% right now. It just seems to be too high for me to stop. But if you don't get anything when you complete single player, then I probably won't do it.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Unlike Burnout Paradise, where you would receive a car for destroying all the gates and jumping through all the billboards, in Most Wanted there's seem to be no reward, apart from an achievement/trophy if you are playing on the consoles. You get a few SpeedPoints too, but that's it.

I love to complete a game 100%, but when there's virtually no reward, I don't feel like doing it. You should at least get a special edition car or something like that for finding all the gates, or for smashing every billboard. :\
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Personally I'd prefer not to be forced to find all gates to unlock a car. It's a chore - just like TDU where you had to drive along every mile of every road on the map to unlock something or other.
Vroomy
Stock
Stock

Post by Vroomy »

I found it. I'm finally finished with the gates. The place that was the farthest from my mind was Youtube. There was this guy that had videos just for finding security gates. But I felt like I haven't accomplished much. Nothing else happened besides getting the trophy. I really hope getting 100% on single player is worth it.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

For anyone trying to find all security gates, there's indeed a glitch. Sometimes when you smash through a gate, for some reason the game doesn't register it. You'll know because you won't get an update on how many gates you found in the lower left of the screen after driving through an unbroken gate.

I've just experience this and what I did to remedy this was exit, go back to the game, and drive through the gate again. Just keep an eye on the lower left corner whenever you find a new gate.

Also want to mention that sometimes the game updates your security gates count in your single player progress menu, but doesn't tell you during gameplay. A little annoying, but yeah all you have to do is keep track of the number of gates you've found.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ah, good tip. So if the game didn't register you smashing a gate, the gate should be unsmashed after a game restart?
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Yup, just restart the game and it should be there for you to smash. It won't be broken like the others you've found already.

Also, I got the trophy before smashing the last gate I found. Before hitting the last gate, I double checked my count in the single player progress menu and it said I already found all 135 gates, but I had one left in front of me which means I found 136?

I used a video walkthrough on YT (my first game I found 90 on my own but then restarted the whole game on a new PS3). The person who made the videos also claimed to have found extra gates.
Vroomy
Stock
Stock

Post by Vroomy »

Thank goodness there is a way to get those glitched gates. If I had tracked those gates earlier, I probably would've had an easier time.

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”