Is NFS the Run worth getting?

2011 Need for Speed The Run
DeadlyVirus
Stock
Stock

Is NFS the Run worth getting?

Post by DeadlyVirus »

Well the title speaks for its self really, is it worth getting?
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Is NFS the Run worth getting?

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

You can have a look around the rest of this forum for a general idea of people's thoughts.

Haven't played the game yet, and for good reason, it sounds short, too linear/scripted, weak story etc.

However, I've seen responses on the net of people thoroughly enjoying it, so it's up to you, though don't get your hopes too high. I'm quite obviously a big fan of the series, and I think that says something that I will only pick this up at a bargain bin price, if at all.
DeadlyVirus
Stock
Stock

Post by DeadlyVirus »

Yeah I've read that storyline is quite short for the game, but I guess if you look at all the games, they've been getting smaller and smaller with each title. Nonetheless, I think I might do the same as you, after all I did picked up Shift 2: Unleashed for $15 in cash convertors, and the online pass hadn't been used, bonus! :D
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I would tell you to try the game first and see if you enjoy it. If you do, go ahead and buy it.

I tried The Run before jumping to a store to buy it, and I'm glad I did it, because the game is really bad. To be honest I have it installed since I "bought" it and I haven't reached Stage 3 yet. I don't play it for like a month already. I won't probably even finish, which is very bad, considering I finished all other NFS since Porsche Unleashed (even Undercover).

In the end it is up to you. Generally speaking no, the game is not worth it. But it might be enough for some people...
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

As Hydro said, it will depend on your actual taste. Personally I didn't like the game at all, it has too many flaws that I prefer avoiding by just playing other racing games. But if you actually think you want something similar to SplitSecond with a mixture of GTA, Burnout and the previous NFS, this is the game for you.

However, you will also want to consider what platform you are getting it for. I recommend Xbox or PS3, since the game is a console port for PC, and probably you will have problems with the PC version.

I recommend you to TRY the game before buying it, and if you are satisfied, well then buy the game and have a blast. Otherwise, personally, don't waste your money, there are other racing games out there that are worth ;)
erdarr
Stock
Stock

Post by erdarr »

I have a copy myself although i did not really fish out for feed backs before i got mine, i just get them becasue it becomes part of my collection anyway since i am a big fan of NFS ever since its first release so i tend to collect them as i play them too. i guess it is not that excellent of a game but it is definitely worth trying out especially if you have been a big fan of NFS anyway. maybe it is best that you borrow a copy from a friend first pr maybe if there are rental stores around your area becasue it is something that you don't wanna get disappointed with
Momoko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Momoko »

Well I have the game indeed, and it's good, but not as good as Hot Pursuit.
The story line is very nice (a race across a continent), but it kinda saddens me that it's only across America. :( They could've at least use the good old NFS locations...

But it's worth it, I've finished the game like 3 times, and it is quite short, but fun indeed.
You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off! -The Italian Job
okuhle94
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by okuhle94 »

I thought the game was boring. I didn't like the storyline that much.

The multiplayer of the game though, I do enjoy, it is quite fun in my opinion.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Oh god, I'm getting ready to purchase TR this weekend, oh god.
miker00lz
Stock
Stock

Post by miker00lz »

I'm surprised so many NFS fans don't like The Run. It's got it's flaws, but the actual racing action is IMHO the best of the series by a safe margin. After that, I'd say my #2, #3 and #4 are Hot Pursuit 2010, Most Wanted 2005, and Hot Pursuit 1998 (NFS 3)... so take my opinion based on what you think of those games I guess. This is a must-own for any NFS fan if you ask me, especially now that it's cheap.

Return to “The Run”