Need for Speed: Underground

The Future of Need For Speed
NFS2013
Ricer
Ricer

Need for Speed: Underground

Post by NFS2013 »

The next NFS will be named Underground. It'll a remake of the old NFS Underground (2003). The first teaser will be released in June 2013, the release of the game itself is mentioned for fall 2013.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Need for Speed: Underground

Post by Hydro_PT »

Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

please god... please... don't let it be true... [-o<
ruining the original most wanted was enough... #-o

give us shift 3 or the nfs equivalent of forza horizon (so that non-xboxers can play it on PC)
Outrunz
Stock
Stock

Post by Outrunz »

Sorry Navid_A1 but it's true.
This studio is now developing new NFS Underground: ghostgames(com)

Quote from their site (News): "Dice have now decided to create a new studio, Ghost in the center of Gothenburg. Here development of new games for the Need for Speed series will take place. The goal is to be as reputable as Dice."
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Outrunz wrote:Sorry Navid_A1 but it's true.
This studio is now developing new NFS Underground: ghostgames(com)

Quote from their site (News): "Dice have now decided to create a new studio, Ghost in the center of Gothenburg. Here development of new games for the Need for Speed series will take place. The goal is to be as reputable as Dice."
yes, ghost studios was known to be the next nfs developer.
also as long as they stay as much million miles as possible away from "criterion (and black box) nfs standards" it will not be a disaster; no matter what the name of the title will be.

anyway... best thing we can do is to wait and see. :wink:
Bernard
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bernard »

If it's true, I hope it will be a nice and decent game then.
I request a '03 Peugeot 206 GTI (because I beat whole Underground series with it), '87 Ferrari F40 (because I love 80s, I miss Ferrari since HP2 and I want to tune it), cops, bee-eye-gee list of cars and visual (neons, lights, mirrors, vinyls, etc) and performance parts.
And yes, no DLC, because Underground games didn't have it and because all-in-one games are way better and cheaper.
Least thing I care is the graphics. I can play an 8 bit game 24/7 if it has a great story and interesting gameplay. I still play old NES version of Jackal and it really makes my blood boil.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Bernard wrote:If it's true, I hope it will be a nice and decent game then.
you most likely won't like it...
Bernard wrote:I request a '03 Peugeot 206 GTI (because I beat whole Underground series with it), '87 Ferrari F40 (because I love 80s, I miss Ferrari since HP2 and I want to tune it), cops, bee-eye-gee list of cars and visual (neons, lights, mirrors, vinyls, etc) and performance parts.
peugeot, MAYBE... F40 and other Ferraris, doubt it... Ferrari hasn't let NFS license their cars for a long time now... and neons/lights/mirros/vinyls/scissor doors/spinners/etc are sooo 2000... it's plain ridiculous. NO... just no...
Bernard wrote:And yes, no DLC, because Underground games didn't have it and because all-in-one games are way better and cheaper.
ARE YOU KIDDING?! this is EA we're talking about...
Bernard wrote:Least thing I care is the graphics. I can play an 8 bit game 24/7 if it has a great story and interesting gameplay. I still play old NES version of Jackal and it really makes my blood boil.
if it's made by a studio out of DICE, I can guarantee it'll run on Frostbite 3...

I've been saying this MANY years now, every time someone "asks" for an Underground sequel/reboot... it won't work... you won't like it, and I can guarantee you right now, it WILL NOT be the Underground you used to know... Time has changed, trends have changed, and no matter what they'll do, there'll be something you won't like... this time, EA really made a bad decision imo, and took what the "fans" demanded and I have a feeling it will be a flop.

people who "want underground sequel" don't want an Underground sequel... at least in the sense EA sees the word "sequel" or "reboot"
Bernard
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bernard »

I think every Underground game should have huge visual customization and sholdn't have DLC. Otherwise the whole series will be ruined like a Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted.
If you don't want to tune your car then don't tune it. Nobody forces you. If I want to create a Barbie car for my junior sister, or put a 30" rims on '89 Geo Metro, why not? It just a game and I just having fun.
Take a look: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/hof/nfsu. If EA won't let people to make anything similar in the next Underground game, then it will be a very lame move and nobody will buy this game.
And please don't use caps lock too much.
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

WTF could this guy be the real deal?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/12/need-fo ... on-rumour/
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Oh my god
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

If the next NFS turns out to be a re-imagined or sequel to Underground, I'll likely sit this one out. I have a very low opinion about that period in the series because, in my opinion, NFS never did a good job at portraying the tuner scene and I highly doubt they'll ever get it right.

If it turns out to be true, then I'll be back next year. Cheers guys.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

The logo is probably fake, but the idea... hmm I don't think it is. Criterion has been rebooting NFS games of the past, like Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they do reboot the Underground name.

Now, let's see what they will bring to the table, as MW 2012 is way different from the original MW. They basically used the same name and that's it. Hot Pursuit 2010 is more closely related to the original Hot Pursuit, but not that much either.

We have to wait until E3, most likely, to hear an official announcement.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

if the next nfs is being made by criterion (hope not)... then i think we'll most likely get another facebook app with cars.

also like Hydro, i think that underground logo is fake... (i think the article author didn't know that the only reason the Colosseum picture is repeated twice is because the word "underground" has two R letters in it)
NFS2013
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NFS2013 »

OK guys, as you can see, my post wasn't a fake. Although Criterion has denied these rumors, I can tell you that the next NFS will be a reboot of the old Underground. The bad thing is - as I said - that Criterion has denied it. I don't know why. Maybe they have misunderstood it. The rumor, that the new Underground will be setted in Bayview, isn't true. Instead of that it will be setted in a town called Redwood City, which is similar to Los Angeles. BTW, the first screenshot will be published in 2 or 3 weeks.

Meanwhile the release date for the first teaser is known: It will be the 5th of June.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Mm, I just noticed this news today and thought I'd pop by. I'm sceptical, and the fact that Alex Ward responded by saying "Sequels. Reboots. Remakes. Been there. Done that." seemed like a pretty definitive comment to me, so I don't believe it for a second.

NFS2013, what makes you think it's actually true? Just wondering if you actually have any additional sources that may be of interest. :)
okuhle94
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by okuhle94 »

NFS Underground reboot is fake: http://mygaming.co.za/news/news/52823-n ... -fake.html

Will there even be a NFS game this year? Ghost Games was suppose to make the next NFS Game and last I check they were still forming / already have just formed.

I would like them to create a new NFS, no more remakes, and please, they must listen to what NFS fans want to see in the NFS game!
MrStalker
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrStalker »

If this is true, please, PLEASE don't let i be Criterion who develops it. They've already destroyed the Most Wanted brand with their Burnout-cloneish piece of turd.

To me, Underground is about exploring the streets, big open and diverse environments, tuning, progression and style. And of course the NEED for SPEED. Also, some believable physics. Not anything close to simulation, but I don't want to have to go into a fake powerslide every time I turn the f**king wheel. And IF it does, it should be because I turned to sharply, put on to much gas, had to little downforce in the rear etc. AND I WANT TO HANDLE IT MYSELF! Get this Criterion: There is no fun, if there is no challenge. No fun in powersliding, no fun in winning, no fun in getting new cars, if there is no challenge. This seems like basic game design to me.

Style doesn't mean neons and ridiculous sound system (which doesn't add anything to the value of the car). Underground doesn't need that. Rather, look at what is in style right now, at what the car tuning/styling companies are doing now, and do that in the game.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

MrStalker wrote:If this is true, please, PLEASE don't let i be Criterion who develops it. They've already destroyed the Most Wanted brand with their Burnout-cloneish piece of turd.

To me, Underground is about exploring the streets, big open and diverse environments, tuning, progression and style. And of course the NEED for SPEED. Also, some believable physics. Not anything close to simulation, but I don't want to have to go into a fake powerslide every time I turn the f**king wheel. And IF it does, it should be because I turned to sharply, put on to much gas, had to little downforce in the rear etc. AND I WANT TO HANDLE IT MYSELF! Get this Criterion: There is no fun, if there is no challenge. No fun in powersliding, no fun in winning, no fun in getting new cars, if there is no challenge. This seems like basic game design to me.

Style doesn't mean neons and ridiculous sound system (which doesn't add anything to the value of the car). Underground doesn't need that. Rather, look at what is in style right now, at what the car tuning/styling companies are doing now, and do that in the game.
i agree with everything you said man. A perfect NFS model.... =D>
in my opinion, this new NFSMW took most of the key elements of a serious nfs title... mixed it with jokes, candies, rainbows and threw it to the face of long time fans. :evil:
oh god... when can we get another NFS:PU... ](*,)
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ThunderScrambler »

In my opinion, i think EA is doing it pretty good right now.
There are so many that want customization back in NFS.

But guys, its Ghost Games that makes the next NFS.
I have the feeling they are going to bring it back :)
Do you wanna now why?

Blackbox comes with the stories, SMS comes with the racing SIM's and Criterion with the arcade style.
I think GG will come with the tuner games.

Return to “NFS 2022”