I created a petition...

The Future of Need For Speed
Andrewnmartinez
Stock
Stock

I created a petition...

Post by Andrewnmartinez »

I think we all can agree that the Need for Speed franchise has just been robbing our money and making mediocre, half-butt games, and I'm tired of it. So I created a petition and I want them to realize that there is a whole truck community and a community that desires a full fledged customization structure. here is my petition and if we could share it on the facebook page maybe we can get them to realize that they need to stop messing up. I think we can all agree that we want a great racing game that is on the streets of a city, no more rally shiznit. so lets try to get everyone to sign it and share who knows maybe they might listen for once. Midnight Club is sadly dead and they were our last hope. Lets try to get need for speed to revive their ways. Let us know if you signed!
this thing wont let me post links but the facebook page is called "Electronic Arts: Need for Speed Petition" and the petition is also on the change website its called "Electronic Arts: Stop producing mediocre Need for Speeds and produce a well developed title
"
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Re: I created a petition...

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

MY question is among the people that you see on YouTube videos and all websites,yelling NFSU3 who do you think are trolls or real fans,first of all they know you and the others want an underground 3 so their job its to pissed off the classic era fans...every time a Need for Speed its announced they know we have on one corner the classic era fans and the underground era fans so they spam every single site or YouTube video with UG3 comments,i can tell who are the trolls and i can see who's pissed off about not an underground 3 game.

I don't see or barely see a comment about take it back to the roots or make hot pursuit 2 and all of that,BTW im not hating on neither side of the coin but i grew up playing the classic need for speed's therefore ima stick to what i experienced on my childhood/teen years.so in the new game they specifically said we looked into the underground series and brought back customization so you can personalized your cars(decals,vinyls,rims..ect.), so the game its combination of hot pursuit,underground and most wanted, soo far that's looking good..and i wish they could take a break and stop releasing nfs every year ala call of duty.
Andrewnmartinez
Stock
Stock

Post by Andrewnmartinez »

I'm still confused on what side you are on but the fact of the matter is that these games aren't getting any better and they aren't doing it right with having criterion destroy the last hope of the franchise. all the way up to carbon we had a great series. prostreet hit, and it was a mess after that.I would pay 75 dollars maybe even 80 for a well developed title. and so far we have 40 signatures! thanks guys! just in the first hours!
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ThunderScrambler »

Say 'IMO' because there are other people (like me), that think they are going in the right direction.
I can understand that you want customization, but please, stop whining! :(
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ThunderScrambler »

LOL, only 50 signatures right now...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

50 is not really impressive, especially after a few months.

But even if you did get thousands then EA will still not do much with your wishes/demands.
You want a carlist as big as Forza, and with all kinds of brands including Ferrari and such and then add a wide range of customising, will never happen. even if EA wanted to do it all and saw a huge potential in it (which they won't but that's a different matter)
A lot of things have to do with licensing, and getting licenses isn't easy and does cost a lot of money and sometimes 1 car has multiple licenses.
And not to forget brands car setup some extra rules for use of their cars, like no extensive damage or no customising and so on.
Brands like Ferrari, Lamborghini etc don't want their cars covered in hoodscoops, huge bumperkits such, and some don't like streetracing in general.
It all has to to with brand image etc.

And last but not least, EA has to make money on their products just like any other company, so they want to sell stuff that has a potential to be profitable.
A huge game with loads of cars and brands will cost a lot of money to make and get all the licenses (lets just say they all agree on what is going in the game)
The more it costs the more they need to sell in order to make a decent profit.

That combined with the fact that the underground style tuning is.. lets say it nice not as popular as it was in 2003, I don't know if you visited any real big car show.. then you should know that it's no longer about putting as much plastic and lights on your car as you can.
Sure customising is still going on but the majority is subtle lipkits, decent rims etc, there are still people tuning their cars with big bodykits and the likes but they are a dying breed.

In other words there is not enough audience for a classic style Underground game... thus no profit.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

TheStig wrote:50 is not really impressive, especially after a few months.

But even if you did get thousands then EA will still not do much with your wishes/demands.
You want a carlist as big as Forza, and with all kinds of brands including Ferrari and such and then add a wide range of customising, will never happen. even if EA wanted to do it all and saw a huge potential in it (which they won't but that's a different matter)
A lot of things have to do with licensing, and getting licenses isn't easy and does cost a lot of money and sometimes 1 car has multiple licenses.
And not to forget brands car setup some extra rules for use of their cars, like no extensive damage or no customising and so on.
Brands like Ferrari, Lamborghini etc don't want their cars covered in hoodscoops, huge bumperkits such, and some don't like streetracing in general.
It all has to to with brand image etc.

And last but not least, EA has to make money on their products just like any other company, so they want to sell stuff that has a potential to be profitable.
A huge game with loads of cars and brands will cost a lot of money to make and get all the licenses (lets just say they all agree on what is going in the game)
The more it costs the more they need to sell in order to make a decent profit.

That combined with the fact that the underground style tuning is.. lets say it nice not as popular as it was in 2003, I don't know if you visited any real big car show.. then you should know that it's no longer about putting as much plastic and lights on your car as you can.
Sure customising is still going on but the majority is subtle lipkits, decent rims etc, there are still people tuning their cars with big bodykits and the likes but they are a dying breed.

In other words there is not enough audience for a classic style Underground game... thus no profit.
Well said. =D>

Return to “NFS 2022”