Need for Speed Rivals

2013 Need for Speed Rivals
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Need for Speed Rivals

Post by ThunderScrambler »

Bernard wrote:I'm not greedy. If I were really greedy I would charge anybody for looking at me or talking with me.
I just can't stand Asphalt or Burnout features in new NFS games. All these things like drift assist (or whatever it's name is, just watch the videos on YouTube), light-blue/violet exhaust flame, takedown cameras, "turbo" boost and billboard jumps are weird and don't fit in game with NFS title.
Its Ghost Games and Criterion, not Slightly Mad Studios.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

The colour of the exhaust flame should be the least thing to worry about. :lol:
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Hydro_PT wrote:The colour of the exhaust flame should be the least thing to worry about. :lol:
Exacly!...theres soo much to worry about and here comes the nitpicking.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

quote from needforspeed.com
"VOTE for your favorite cars to help us decide which car in Need for Speed Rivals is the best of the best. As an incentive, the winning car that YOU VOTE FOR will be the only car playable as both a cop and racer in Need for Speed Rivals."

i don't understand...
racers and cops each have exclusive cars that can not be used by the other faction???!!! :shock:
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

ahh yeah about that... anyone with a facebook feel like casting a vote for me? :lol:
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Hydro or gt..i think this game needs its own section on the forum.just a suggestion.

btw guys here its a new interview:

http://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/7718 ... 3A+Rivals/
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Navid_A1 wrote:quote from needforspeed.com
"VOTE for your favorite cars to help us decide which car in Need for Speed Rivals is the best of the best. As an incentive, the winning car that YOU VOTE FOR will be the only car playable as both a cop and racer in Need for Speed Rivals."

i don't understand...
racers and cops each have exclusive cars that can not be used by the other faction???!!! :shock:
All cars will be available for the racers, its just 1 car that will be on both sides.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:Hydro or gt..i think this game needs its own section on the forum.just a suggestion.

thanks for the link phantom...
quote from that interview:
"explains creative director Craig Sullivan. "Yes, we always start off with very realistic, very beliveable physics so that these cars can pretty much do anything and it looks right. Then we layer on the Criterion special sauce of getting camera right, getting the drifting right, getting the feeling of the braking or the e-braking, jumping or even just the collisions are very, very finely tuned."

i think i tasted that sauce before... it does not taste good.
HungryManticore
Ricer
Ricer

Post by HungryManticore »

ThunderScrambler wrote:All cars will be available for the racers, its just 1 car that will be on both sides.
Got any source for that?

And since this is my 1st post here - hello everyone ;)
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:Hydro or gt..i think this game needs its own section on the forum.just a suggestion.

thanks for the link phantom...
quote from that interview:
"explains creative director Craig Sullivan. "Yes, we always start off with very realistic, very beliveable physics so that these cars can pretty much do anything and it looks right. Then we layer on the Criterion special sauce of getting camera right, getting the drifting right, getting the feeling of the braking or the e-braking, jumping or even just the collisions are very, very finely tuned."

i think i tasted that sauce before... it does not taste good.
I also know that sauce but you know whats cool about the sauce its that the ingredients that it has does work accordingly to how hes saying it,for example hot pursuit look pretty easy to drive and its drifty and stuff..but man it took me sometime to master the drift mechanics going into a drift and exiting it while maintaining speed and momentum it something that needs to be master no matter how arcadey the handling is.its kinda like ridge racer you can get into it but to master it its hard..i was talking to my friend today we both grew up playing need for speed (the classic era) as soo matter of a fact the golden era of it, EA/black box had a winning formula on hot pursuit 2..i can go on and type 5 pages plus more of things that made need for speed goof back in the days , off course anybody that was born at the beginning of 2000 and on, will always go back and say underground its the best series ever made..criterion specially Craig and Matt said they grew up playing the series they love need for speed , ok why you dint stick to what made those games fun , i'm talking the 3d0 need for speed, and part 2 and 3..burnout and need for speed are two separate games i dont want innovation ..to me you cannot innovate its the same as saying you cant reinvent the wheel why because its never goona be the same all you can do its borrow from it and improved upon it not changing the whole game, literally in this interview we get to find out how ea operates, they could got ferrari on hot pursuit or most wanted remakes ,they dint ..why because ea probably walked in said save that for the next game ,online pursuit mode for most wanted noo save that for rivals, instead we get a fing sandbox of environment full of collectibles aka CRAP, the same crap over and over and now all of this will be carried to rivals which seems to blend all 3 series (underground,hot pursuit and most wanted)..this is EA at work , hey ghost we gonna send criterion so they can add that special sauce, the money milking /making sauce that keeps you coming back like if you were playing a shooter..no substance all into competing this and that.

What happen to the beautiful exotic locations? man i wanna race again , in France countryside or Germany better yet the Mediterranean ,how about Hawaii with a damn volcano erupting and stuff in the middle of the race ..or national forest with a forest fire, they have the technology but noooo they prefer to concentrate into other stuff that's only benefiting the damn publisher oo if we do this guess what our resources are not goona be enough to push Flog to work..as long as criterion its even closed to the nfs franchise we will never get the right game..they could make rivals ..the next high stakes lets travel around the world...looking for challenges...do you have what it takes to be the cops of Dubai or Italy...something like that.
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

HungryManticore wrote:
ThunderScrambler wrote:All cars will be available for the racers, its just 1 car that will be on both sides.
Got any source for that?

And since this is my 1st post here - hello everyone ;)

Hello new user,

Im sorry i don't have any source for this, but... wait a minute... oops #-o
Im just trying to be useful, don't hurt me!!! 8-[
[luixkorrea]
Ricer
Ricer

Post by [luixkorrea] »

Last NFS I liked was Undercover, I think. From there, everything went down the hill! Years later i bought "The Run", money wasted. I hope Ghost studio understand what fans expect, and what the future in gaming is all about. The online modes and the social networks. People use social networks to show off what they do in games, and i´m sure that for NFS they will want to show off their cars! In that order, custumization will be very important; and also what are we going to do to be "first" on a race or whatever they are thinking for online mode.

About playability, i hope the find a midle point between a simulator and an arcade. Criterion special "sauce" is too arcade. For me, Pro Street was very close to that midle point I'm talking about. That clutch button was one of the best things I ever saw in a racing game! Automatic transmition in a racing vehicle? No thanks!

I think I'll wait a few months and see what people says about this NFS Rivals before spending money on a NFS game again.
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

But there is just one thing i don't get...
Its All-Drive...

Is it something like NFSW?
Cause i do not like that :(
Or is it like jump in to your race or chase and then i can drive or mess things with my friend?
The information of this game is so unclear...
like always... :roll:
HungryManticore
Ricer
Ricer

Post by HungryManticore »

ThunderScrambler wrote:But there is just one thing i don't get...
Its All-Drive...
Imagine that: you're playing solo as a cop, and you're chasing an AI player. A friend of yours goes online, approaches the area you're in and the game suggests him to join the chase. That will also work if one of you is racer, and the other is a cop - in that case, you may start chasing one another.

If you don't like it, don't worry - nobody will ever force you to use AllDrive. You can disable it and just play solo. It's already been confirmed ;)
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Thanks a bunch HungryManticore! :wink:

BTW,
Has anyone seen the message from GG?
According to Marcus Nilsson, the team at Ghost Games is with guys that worked at other studios.
Like Bizzare Creations. Their last game was Blur, so they could make the weapons look awesome!
And some guys from Turn 10 (Forza Motorsport) are also on the team.

They sure have got some talent on the team! :D
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Found another car! :)
http://www.origin.com/news/halls-of-ea- ... es-edition
Take a look at Tatyana's information.
The car that she wants in the game is an Aston Martin One-77.
(She is a Development Director, so i am pretty sure it will be in the game.)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

One of the first images released showed the back of an Aston Martin. I think it is the One-77... not sure though.
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

I thought that was a Vanquish... :?
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Hydro_PT wrote:One of the first images released showed the back of an Aston Martin. I think it is the One-77... not sure though.
Thas the new vanquish.im speculating there will be Lamborghinis in this game..ferrari and Lamborghini always being the cover cars of need for speed well the classics, so its weird that an agera is in the promo.. :s and soon far no reference to a lambo in this game..i guess its stupid to think like that but knowing this publishers and developers I cant trust them.
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

But the Koenigsegg is from Sweden. Ghost Games too.
Makes sense, right? :wink:
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... ostcount=1

Some new info from leaked Game Informer.
Full career path for Cops and Racers

Both sides can wager speed points you have earned, the results/winnings tie to the scoring system

Takes place in fictional Redview County, containing over 100 miles of roads

Varied weather (snow, hail, fog, dust storms) are dynamic and change globally not race to race.

Will use PS4's ability to post videos

Will use Kinect

Features AllDrive, which allows your friends to play in your world simultaniously (no lobbies)

PS4, XboxOne, PS3, Xbox360

Edit: more details

Both sides have tools: Jammers, electromagnetic pulses, shockwaves, roadblocks, and helicopter patrols
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

I think we already knew that.
I mean... the things that are new are nothing important to me...
MrStalker
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrStalker »

ThunderScrambler wrote:
Navid_A1 wrote:quote from needforspeed.com

i don't understand...
All cars will be available for the racers, its just 1 car that will be on both sides.
Well yeah this is clearly not true. I think the official website is a more reliable source which clearly says that the "King of the Streets" will be the only car playable as both cop and racer.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

They should make it like that specific cars for each faction, makes it more challenging and stuff..well today we found out what this game its truly about probability that will see the all drive system and autolog= 100%, probability that we will see other features such as customization ill give a 20-50 probability.
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Customization doesn't mean widebody kits and stuff.
Customization options in this game are paintjobs, liveries, license plates, rims, ...
I mean they could add bodykits, but that sounds like a bad option for a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.
Check it out on the Rivals page: http://www.needforspeed.com/rivals#4-yo ... r-identity

Return to “Rivals”