Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Cops vs. Racers E3 2013 NFS Rivals Trailer

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:
MaxT wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:
Exactly what I'm saying and they have the rights to say no this is wrong,keep this feature , add more of this and that.for example they knew autolog was a perfect milking tool , so they added across all games like SSX and Battlefield half of the decisions they make needs to be approved by ea ,so if ea says i don't want an underground this year..they will try to convinced them but ea will talk to criterion and say go help them we want money simple as that...i don't like this back and forth man..look what matters here is that we are all fans of the series and that's the bottom line :)..im still looking forward to rivals tho. reminds me of high stakes..for some odd reason it does and they keep using the world high stakes in the interview and gameplay videos.
umm... no quite the opposite actually. they don't get involved in development. how did you come to the conclusion that they do? :-/
of course EA does not get involved in the development.... but the entire development is done on their road map.
however, the road map does not include specifics like feature sets or etc...
it includes target reviewer scores... time window... target amount of sales...maybe there is another policy that the game life cycle should not be more than 6 or so months (so they can keep milking the franchise)... that means less features that add replayablity value.
Exactly Navid ,for example autolog they gonna reinforced autolog in every need for speed games as well their micro-transaction model because according to the pusblisher data it works,off course ea then hands out bonus to developers and the entire team..by the way navid have you seen "the crew" this seems to be the game underground fans being waiting for as the developers said specifically their reference was nfs underground 2.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
of course EA does not get involved in the development.... but the entire development is done on their road map.
however, the road map does not include specifics like feature sets or etc...
it includes target reviewer scores... time window... target amount of sales...maybe there is another policy that the game life cycle should not be more than 6 or so months (so they can keep milking the franchise)... that means less features that add replayablity value.
Exactly Navid ,for example autolog they gonna reinforced autolog in every need for speed games as well their micro-transaction model because according to the pusblisher data it works,off course ea then hands out bonus to developers and the entire team..by the way navid have you seen "the crew" this seems to be the game underground fans being waiting for as the developers said specifically their reference was nfs underground 2.
"the crew" looks promising... it's an example of a game with a huge amount of replay-ability value... lots of content.
sadly like most driving games, it lacks porsche... i might give it a try... thanks phantom.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

this is definitely a big year for racing games (and all with real cars)

NFS Rivals
The Crew
Gran Tursimo 6
Forza 5
GRID 2

each going at it in a different direction, GT6 and Forza5 are still the simulation, huge car list way, whereas The Crew and Rivals are going to the "seemless single/multiplayer blend" way and GRID is going for the arcade/sim mix.

Driver San Francisco was surprisingly fun, so if Ubisoft manages to do something similar, The Crew would be a good entry.

GRID2 was quite different from the first to be honest, and it wasn't as interesting. the races seemed more of a drag and repeat, and I don't like it as much not because the lack of cockpit view (I didn't use it much outside of Shift/Shift2:U) but... I don't know... it just didn't feel as interesting.

GT6 I'll definitely buy, as I've gotten GT5 too, and my PS3 still lives, whereas Forza5 is really tempting me to get an XBone... but I think I'll skip it, just like I've skipped the other Forzas... (not worth buying a new console for)

This leaves Rivals, and as I've done through the years, getting all Need For Speed (with the exception of The Run) I think I'll get it too...
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

zedex wrote: each going at it in a different direction, GT6 and Forza5 are still the simulation,
they try to be, but they aren't.
zedex wrote: GRID2 was quite different from the first to be honest, and it wasn't as interesting. the races seemed more of a drag and repeat, and I don't like it as much not because the lack of cockpit view (I didn't use it much outside of Shift/Shift2:U) but... I don't know... it just didn't feel as interesting.
GT and Forza are only "drag and repeat" yet nobody seems to complain.

personally I don't see why racing games still have cockpit view. the only reason 80's and 90's games had it was the fact that the hardware wasn't good enough to handle proper 3rd-person car models.
zedex wrote: This leaves Rivals, and as I've done through the years, getting all Need For Speed (with the exception of The Run) I think I'll get it too...
right, cause we wouldn't want EA to fear bankruptcy so that they might start treating their customers as important now would we. so yes, keep them in juice please.
HungryManticore
Ricer
Ricer

Post by HungryManticore »

MaxT wrote: personally I don't see why racing games still have cockpit view. the only reason 80's and 90's games had it was the fact that the hardware wasn't good enough to handle proper 3rd-person car models.
You're joking, right?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Yeah, I don't understand that either. #-o I also don't understand why first person shooters still have weapons. You could throw cans or potatoes at the enemies, or eliminate all that and save more performance for better textures or bigger maps. :)

PS: Sarcasm was on, just for those who missed that. :mrgreen:
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

MaxT wrote: personally I don't see why racing games still have cockpit view. the only reason 80's and 90's games had it was the fact that the hardware wasn't good enough to handle proper 3rd-person car models.
I always use cockpit view (helmet cam) in shift2u... it gives the best feeling when racing on a track... (and the interior design is spectacularly detailed)

have you played any of the shift series Max?
MaxT wrote: ...
the hardware wasn't good enough to handle proper 3rd-person car models.
it was enough to handle your opponents' cars ... wasn't it?
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

so the more i read and look at Rivals it has an strong resemble to hot pursuit 2010, is it bad?..nope not to me .its the perfect hot pursuit (2010) sequel:
CHECKLIST
-Exotic roads,vistas,forest environments-check
- Exotics cars including the return of Ferrari-check
-All the weapons from hot pursuit plus more which add more chaos and fun to the races- check
-Unlocking cars instead of just finding them-mixed
-Physics revamped even tho we drift still I'm cool with that-check
-Catching air,jumps are back--for example I'm on a forest track and catch a jump hit someone with an emp right on the -Jump people whoever its getting a ps4 the funny captures we gonna share with the sharing options will be hilarious-Check
-Frostbite3 provides beautiful visuals ,weather effects are back?..a sand storm in the desert?-mixed
-Two career path-cops and racers love that about hot pursuit and its back-check
-Online chases including ai cops or open world chases including ai cops this is what i being waiting for.big improvement from the deserted freeview mode in seacrest county-check
-Finally customization they said that there reference was the underground series and on the Facebook site they claimed that you not gonna be short on customization options i don't believe it till i see it-X
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:so the more i read and look at Rivals it has an strong resemble to hot pursuit 2010, is it bad?..nope not to me .its the perfect hot pursuit (2010) sequel:
CHECKLIST
-Exotic roads,vistas,forest environments-check
- Exotics cars including the return of Ferrari-check
-All the weapons from hot pursuit plus more which add more chaos and fun to the races- check
-Unlocking cars instead of just finding them-mixed
-Physics revamped even tho we drift still I'm cool with that-check
-Catching air,jumps are back--for example I'm on a forest track and catch a jump hit someone with an emp right on the -Jump people whoever its getting a ps4 the funny captures we gonna share with the sharing options will be hilarious-Check
-Frostbite3 provides beautiful visuals ,weather effects are back?..a sand storm in the desert?-mixed
-Two career path-cops and racers love that about hot pursuit and its back-check
-Online chases including ai cops or open world chases including ai cops this is what i being waiting for.big improvement from the deserted freeview mode in seacrest county-check
-Finally customization they said that there reference was the underground series and on the Facebook site they claimed that you not gonna be short on customization options i don't believe it till i see it-X
a sequel innovates, takes a step forward. this is just HP 2010 with The Run's engine and graphics, that's two steps back.

and Criterion is gonna screw you over on customization again, you just wait.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

MaxT wrote: ...
and Criterion is gonna screw you over on customization again, you just wait.
i'm with you on this one...!
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

I mean, think of it logically, if so many people have been asking for it why wouldn't Criterion show it off unless they know it's not what people wanted but simply something that fits the dictionary's definition of "customization" (aka it's not what they promised but they can't be sued for it)

it's just for the sake of hype, it's the same type of misleading marketing Rockstar does.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

MaxT wrote:...
it's just for the sake of hype, it's the same type of misleading marketing Rockstar does.
truth and nothing but truth....
this trick is used times and times by everyone... unless you see rock solid proof, you should not believe what the developers say about this and that before release.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

my question its am i dealing with kids?..first of all i said:
-This game resembles hot pursuit 2010 and it could be the perfect sequel to it.
-customization options i don't believe it till i see it and i gave it an X.

It seems that everytime a new need for speed game comes and it doesn't have customization or better yet it doesn't the level of customization of underground 2 you guys get all hurt and start saying this game sucks I'm not getting it oo we need to boycott it like about to have a heart attack.i mean you guys even get gta involved a game that doesn't have nothing to do with racing, you are a auto theft/criminal for hire every mission involves stealing a car performing a mission or heist and ran away from the cops or the mob, enemies.are you guys telling me that if a racing game doesn't have customization its a bad racing game..*scratches head* last time i check you pick a car,you pick a track and you race against opponents point to point or circuit.

Also innovation,they can make a thousand need for speed games even with spaceships all of the ideas and if doesn't say underground 3 or has extreme customization the game will never be innovating even if they make an underground 3 still wont be the same there's always gonna be something missing something that doesn't go according to your plans or your dream "racing game" it wont be good, could be a missing car..now we got Ferrari back and you guys still complaining.

Honestly if you guys don't like this game then go to the other part of the forums where all the others are boycotting need for speed games and that's it, stop complaining and nitpicking and don't get the game simple.

A true need for speed fan supports the cause yes i missed the classic days , the golden age of nfs but guess what we are in another era.things change,we still have fast cars,exotic roads and cop chases.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:my question its am i dealing with kids?..first of all i said:
-This game resembles hot pursuit 2010 and it could be the perfect sequel to it.
-customization options i don't believe it till i see it and i gave it an X.

It seems that everytime a new need for speed game comes and it doesn't have customization or better yet it doesn't the level of customization of underground 2 you guys get all hurt and start saying this game sucks I'm not getting it oo we need to boycott it like about to have a heart attack.i mean you guys even get gta involved a game that doesn't have nothing to do with racing, you are a auto theft/criminal for hire every mission involves stealing a car performing a mission or heist and ran away from the cops or the mob, enemies.are you guys telling me that if a racing game doesn't have customization its a bad racing game..*scratches head* last time i check you pick a car,you pick a track and you race against opponents point to point or circuit.

Also innovation,they can make a thousand need for speed games even with spaceships all of the ideas and if doesn't say underground 3 or has extreme customization the game will never be innovating even if they make an underground 3 still wont be the same there's always gonna be something missing something that doesn't go according to your plans or your dream "racing game" it wont be good, could be a missing car..now we got Ferrari back and you guys still complaining.

Honestly if you guys don't like this game then go to the other part of the forums where all the others are boycotting need for speed games and that's it, stop complaining and nitpicking and don't get the game simple.

A true need for speed fan supports the cause yes i missed the classic days , the golden age of nfs but guess what we are in another era.things change,we still have fast cars,exotic roads and cop chases.
chill out man... no one disagreed with what you said.
if it manages to bring back a NFS:HS experience... i can do with the lack of customization.

also customization has nothing to do with underground2... customization is a feature... be it just the paint or the entire car sub-systems.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

[quote="Navid_A1"
chill out man... no one disagreed with what you said.
if it manages to bring back a NFS:HS experience... i can do with the lack of customization.

also customization has nothing to do with underground2... customization is a feature... be it just the paint or the entire car sub-systems.[/quote]

yes but most people who cry for it ask for U2 type customization specifically...
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

New gameplay footage shows more of Redview county , some areas reminds me of like a Santa Monica or San Diego vibe with the houses on the hills like palo alto California or something but at the sametime it does reminds me a bit of Rockport from most wanted 2005 specially the shore areas.ghost games specifically said their reference was California and the sacary part its that they are only showing 8 percent of Redview county :shock:

here is the footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23OESeO9 ... =endscreen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDQsYzVM178
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

I see they didn't waste time showing off Frostbite's technical issues...

why are they using it again?
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ThunderScrambler »

More footage!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gszCQZpoXek
The guy also gives some useful info.
If you are on youtube just type "nfs rivals e3 multiplayer".
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

ThunderScrambler wrote:More footage!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gszCQZpoXek
The guy also gives some useful info.
If you are on youtube just type "nfs rivals e3 multiplayer".
yep looking nice man, like i said this looks like perfect sequel to hot pursuit 2010 and Redview county looks beautiful man ,you know its ironic i stop playing most wanted and i went back to play hot pursuit because its just soo much fun and has more races, not the same race over and over and it has an unlocking system like the old games.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

New gameplay! this shows jumps and very high also guys look at the icons in the map , safe houses and hideout and they look closely to the underground and most wanted 2005 map icons ghost games specifically said there reference for customization was the underground series.also guys i don't about you but the level design in this game , the roads the intersections are just thrilling honestly if the game was all about the level design and environments i woulda pre-order like now with the ps4 but i wanna see more before i made my decision, as i being reading Redview county its a combination of fairhaven and seacrest county and they are only showing 8 percent of the world in the demo and i like where this is going this is hot pursuit (2010) 2. =D>

Here is the gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz0XCdDijOY
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

you're right phantom... the level design is one of the best i've seen in the franchise.
my fav part so far is the tube like long tunnel... good for playing some car orchestra!!

but i keep myself from pre-ordering until they show more info and/or a couple of detailed previews surface.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

agreed, but Frostbite DX WHY
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ThunderScrambler »

MaxT wrote:agreed, but Frostbite DX WHY
Why not Frostbite 3?
Is there something wrong with it? :?
I mean what can be wrong with an engine?

About customization...
What would it be for cops?
The only thing i can come up with is some kind of "Armor".
Something like the Raid option in The Crew.
A "Performance" car would be for something like Rapid Response from HP 2010.
What do you think about it? :)
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

ThunderScrambler wrote:
MaxT wrote:agreed, but Frostbite DX WHY
Why not Frostbite 3?
Is there something wrong with it? :?
I mean what can be wrong with an engine?

About customization...
What would it be for cops?
The only thing i can come up with is some kind of "Armor".
Something like the Raid option in The Crew.
A "Performance" car would be for something like Rapid Response from HP 2010.
What do you think about it? :)
Its kinda of ironic but frostbite 3 gives the game a look that's more like the classics ,like high stakes or hot pursuit 2,before it all went into the candy-neon wet wonderland.so yeah frostbite looks great in this game running on the ps4 and the weather effects are jaw dropping.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

This is how I feel right now reading through this thread

Instagram @SupraHKS

Return to “News”