Turbo Charged

Re: Cops vs. Racers E3 2013 NFS Rivals Trailer

Post by MaxT »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
ThunderScrambler wrote:
MaxT wrote:agreed, but Frostbite DX WHY
Why not Frostbite 3?
Is there something wrong with it? :?
I mean what can be wrong with an engine?

About customization...
What would it be for cops?
The only thing i can come up with is some kind of "Armor".
Something like the Raid option in The Crew.
A "Performance" car would be for something like Rapid Response from HP 2010.
What do you think about it? :)
Its kinda of ironic but frostbite 3 gives the game a look that's more like the classics ,like high stakes or hot pursuit 2,before it all went into the candy-neon wet wonderland.so yeah frostbite looks great in this game running on the ps4 and the weather effects are jaw dropping.
what a load of bull. have you ever even played the pre-Underground Need For Speeds? clearly not. they had actual colors, not just grey everywhere. they didn't take up 30 GB of hard disk space with graphics that aren't technologically advanced in any way ether.

i don't need a reason as to why Frostbite sucks, but here's two: it's heavy on the system even though it's graphics aren't better than those of any other game, and it takes up A LOT of hard disk space. now you give me a reason why it's actually so ******* great.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

TO MaxT:

Great i being waiting for this type of fan to come along...(oo i get it..your a pc gamer no wonder your soo mad about frostbite lets see you can't run the game at its maximum/ultra setting?) Do you even know what a 3do is?..ok i being playing nfs since THE NEED FOR SPEED, so you don't have to school me in terms of playing a racing series, that's one of my favorite franchises of all times, i have play and bought every single game including the undergrounds..ALRIGHT..hope that's clear. about frostbite as soo matter of a fact..video games have to evolve do you think i give a shiznit about the engine being too heavy on the game ?..i come from an era where i used to play pixelated graphics so unlike you i appreciate graphics and visuals nowadays..so what if they wanna used the damn engine..it gives the game a gritty look its called rivals and its all about the high stakes rivalry between cops and racers.as long as the game plays at 30 frames per second and doesn't mess up my ps4 cause I'm not getting this game on current gen its all good. the run almost mess up my ps3 that's why i had to return it the next day.

The bottom line here is: I'm a console gamer and semi-pc gamer ,your are mainly a PC gamer so if you have a problem with hard disk space and all the extra stuff..attack a pc gamer Not a console gamer.I don't need to give you reasons..im an artist and i appreciate visuals as an artist we believe that sometimes you have to step outta of the box..I DON'T CARE HOW THE GAME LOOKS AS Long IT DOESN'T BLOW UP MY SYSTEM AND HAS AWESOME GAMEPLAY.I'm Happy With THAT.so maybe a nitpicker will give you a reason or a real engine programmer not me, I'm just a graphic designer/illustrator.
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ThunderScrambler »

The F3 is heavy: i don't care. why? I just don't care.
Takes a lot of space on your harddrive: i don't care. Why? I have a 500 GB PS3.

Seriously, everytime something bad pops up, you guys say "this game sucks", but then you miss the bright side of the game. I liked the Underground games too, but we cannot always stay with the same style.
It's called "evolution".
I'd rather have a grey NFS instead of a rainbow NFS, cause Nyancat is not part of the family.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

ThunderScrambler wrote:The F3 is heavy: i don't care. why? I just don't care.
Takes a lot of space on your harddrive: i don't care. Why? I have a 500 GB PS3.

Seriously, everytime something bad pops up, you guys say "this game sucks", but then you miss the bright side of the game. I liked the Underground games too, but we cannot always stay with the same style.
It's called "evolution".
I'd rather have a grey NFS instead of a rainbow NFS, cause Nyancat is not part of the family.
Exactly man..frostbite doesn't make the game look grey, it gives it a realistic look and its just perfect for this game makes it serious and convey the concept of a battle between cops vs. racers, i just don't find the point when someone destroy a game without being out and pc gamers, games will be powerful as the generations come and go, which means you gonna have to be updating videocards,hard disk space and processors.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

people can find any sort of excuses to hate something for the sake of hating. (whatever their rationale is)

like I've said, if NFS actually DOES make an Underground sequel, I can guarantee people will hate it.

either people hate it for not innovating, and is the "same game with prettier graphics" either people hate it for "losing the original's identity" and is "too different" or "too similar to [something else]"(<< the case of Most Wanted)

This is why I don't like reboots, with the same names... people will ALWAYS bring them up.
Well, I don't mind them per se, as I enjoy each game as they are. I just don't like how people are reacting to it...
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

zedex wrote:people can find any sort of excuses to hate something for the sake of hating. (whatever their rationale is)

like I've said, if NFS actually DOES make an Underground sequel, I can guarantee people will hate it.

either people hate it for not innovating, and is the "same game with prettier graphics" either people hate it for "losing the original's identity" and is "too different" or "too similar to [something else]"(<< the case of Most Wanted)

This is why I don't like reboots, with the same names... people will ALWAYS bring them up.
Well, I don't mind them per se, as I enjoy each game as they are. I just don't like how people are reacting to it...
The reality is man..that as long as the game doesn't have customization like underground 2 ,it sucks and it is not innovative and its losing the originality too..it seems that the only people that are complaining about this new need for speed are the pc gamers and the underground/ricers group..people were tired of reboots now we get rivals and like you said , they make an underground sequel and its still gonna suck and before i hear that i did defend it the game and afterwards dint like it..well buy the games..I'm not too fond of the new most wanted but i preordered day one and after playing it i just had to stop playing it, same race over and over ,no sense of reward because everything its unlock the same way and all cars are unlocked..i prefer hot pursuit 2010 a dozen times than Most Wanted 2012..that's why rivals its the perfect hot pursuit sequel IMO.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:TO MaxT:

Great i being waiting for this type of fan to come along...(oo i get it..your a pc gamer no wonder your soo mad about frostbite lets see you can't run the game at its maximum/ultra setting?) Do you even know what a 3do is?..ok i being playing nfs since THE NEED FOR SPEED, so you don't have to school me in terms of playing a racing series, that's one of my favorite franchises of all times, i have play and bought every single game including the undergrounds..ALRIGHT..hope that's clear. about frostbite as soo matter of a fact..video games have to evolve do you think i give a shiznit about the engine being too heavy on the game ?..i come from an era where i used to play pixelated graphics so unlike you i appreciate graphics and visuals nowadays..so what if they wanna used the damn engine..it gives the game a gritty look its called rivals and its all about the high stakes rivalry between cops and racers.as long as the game plays at 30 frames per second and doesn't mess up my ps4 cause I'm not getting this game on current gen its all good. the run almost mess up my ps3 that's why i had to return it the next day.

The bottom line here is: I'm a console gamer and semi-pc gamer ,your are mainly a PC gamer so if you have a problem with hard disk space and all the extra stuff..attack a pc gamer Not a console gamer.I don't need to give you reasons..im an artist and i appreciate visuals as an artist we believe that sometimes you have to step outta of the box..I DON'T CARE HOW THE GAME LOOKS AS Long IT DOESN'T BLOW UP MY SYSTEM AND HAS AWESOME GAMEPLAY.I'm Happy With THAT.so maybe a nitpicker will give you a reason or a real engine programmer not me, I'm just a graphic designer/illustrator.
the bottom line is you're nothing more than a typical fanboy who thinks everybody should ether afford $2000 PC's or buy consoles. what your retarded little mind can't process is the fact most PC games run like crap precisely because they are low-budget console ports. if a game is properly optimized it can look great and run perfectly on a $500 PC. Frostbite games can't because Frostbite is a piece of s*** and was optimized by morons. Chameleon, that's a real engine. looks ten times better than Frostbite and uses half as many resources.

FYI I can run Frostbite games perfectly, but you being the complete moron that you are missed the point completely. unlike you, i think of the majority, not just myself. my PC can run Frostbite games well, but most PC's can't. and whether your console buyin' ass likes it or not, Windows is a gaming platform too.

console fanboys live with the misconception that they are the center of the universe (or gaming world, whatever). they aren't, no matter how much Microsoft claims otherwise.

[quote="Phantom_pain33"[/quote]

The reality is man..that as long as the game doesn't have customization like underground 2 ,it sucks and it is not innovative and its losing the originality too.[/quote]

the reality is you should find a different f***ing game. NFS was never about that crap, if you don't like it go play Midnight Club or some s***, don't come claiming that EA change a series completely cause you don't like it. Christ.

NFS Underground was the biggest mistake EA ever made. now we have these idiots screaming "UNDERGROUND 3!!!" everywhere cause of it.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Guys, let´s keep this discussion a healthy one, shall we? No need to disrespect others. Post your views freely, but respect others views as well. ;)

As for Frosbite, since it was used in The Run I always said this is a bad game engine for a racing game. It is too heavy and on the PC it was not properly optimized, if at all. Mainly because it is a game engine meant for an FPS; it was made for an FPS in the first place. EA didn't modify it enough to create a racing game. Maybe V3 will change that but... I have my doubts.

SMS's game engine and Chameleon are perfect for NFS at the time.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

MaxT wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:TO MaxT:

the bottom line is you're nothing more than a typical fanboy who thinks everybody should ether afford $2000 PC's or buy consoles. what your retarded little mind can't process is the fact most PC games run like crap precisely because they are low-budget console ports. if a game is properly optimized it can look great and run perfectly on a $500 PC. Frostbite games can't because Frostbite is a piece of s*** and was optimized by morons. Chameleon, that's a real engine. looks ten times better than Frostbite and uses half as many resources.

FYI I can run Frostbite games perfectly, but you being the complete moron that you are missed the point completely. unlike you, i think of the majority, not just myself. my PC can run Frostbite games well, but most PC's can't. and whether your console buyin' ass likes it or not, Windows is a gaming platform too.

console fanboys live with the misconception that they are the center of the universe (or gaming world, whatever). they aren't, no matter how much Microsoft claims otherwise.

[quote="Phantom_pain33"
The reality is man..that as long as the game doesn't have customization like underground 2 ,it sucks and it is not innovative and its losing the originality too.[/quote]

the reality is you should find a different f***ing game. NFS was never about that crap, if you don't like it go play Midnight Club or some s***, don't come claiming that EA change a series completely cause you don't like it. Christ.

NFS Underground was the biggest mistake EA ever made. now we have these idiots screaming "UNDERGROUND 3!!!" everywhere cause of it.[/quote]

HEy bro..Are you serious?..you think I'm defending pc gaming and underground..if anything the one that's complaining its you and yes I'm a fan boy a need for speed CLASSIC fanboy and guess what if you read my posts I'm always attacking and saying that need for speed underground was a mistake and the series should go back to the roots..where the hell do you come from man?..i being here with people since need for speed forums and after they closed alot of us migrated here , anybody here should know that I'm always a classic nfs gamer ,i always talk about the classic series , did i play underground? yes i did! is it my favorite?..NO, my favorite need for speed game its need for speed 3: hot pursuit (90's)..YOU ARE ATTACKING THE WRONG FAN MAN!..AND EVERYBODY KNOWS HERE HOW I ATTACK THE RABID UNDERGROUND FANS i even got banned once because of it..so probably you misunderstood me and i misunderstood ya but all along i though you were on the other side of the coin (underground).

the bottom line is my views are the same as yours except for the frostbite..i wish they can scrapped this whole open world environment and give me tracks circuits from all over the world just like the classics (nfs1,2,3,4,hp2,PU)..don't you missed getting actually pulled over by a cop in a need for speed game?, not getting slam into oblivion.the one that missed the point here was you all along i was talking about the people that you hate ..

"the reality is you should find a different f***ing game. NFS was never about that crap, if you don't like it go play Midnight Club or some s***, don't come claiming that EA change a series completely cause you don't like it. Christ."

-I'm not defending underground I'm attacking you with the underground reference because i thought you were on the underground side.i own midnight club, guess what I'm playing right now ? need for speed high stakes on my phone.

"the bottom line is you're nothing more than a typical fanboy who thinks everybody should ether afford $2000 PC's or buy consoles. what your retarded little mind can't process is the fact most PC games run like crap precisely because they are low-budget console ports. if a game is properly optimized it can look great and run perfectly on a $500 PC. Frostbite games can't because Frostbite is a piece of s*** and was optimized by morons. Chameleon, that's a real engine. looks ten times better than Frostbite and uses half as many resources.

console fanboys live with the misconception that they are the center of the universe (or gaming world, whatever). they aren't, no matter how much Microsoft claims otherwise."

-The reality is pc gamers are the ones that think they are at the center of the universe ,the ones you hate with 2000 dollars alienware and stuff.i barely play my pc if i have a decent pc its built for my graphic design work and you getting mad cause i said I'm a semi-pc gamer but yet at the sametime you contradicting yourself by saying console gamers are at the center of the universe, you are attacking my opinion about frostbite because it can't run optimized on a pc.. take it up to EA and criterion not me..I'm just giving my opinion overhere, like everybody else and the word "moron" man you don't know me ,i don't know you lets leave it at that and by the way since you though I'm a rich spoiled kid..i work a retail job and i do graphic design freelancing on the side and not all the time and last:

'DO NOT F****ING ASSOCIATE ME WITH THE "RABID" UNDERGROUND FANS OR THE SPOILED PC GAMERS"

Dream machines
Getaway
Speeds (NFS:HP2)
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Hydro_PT wrote:Guys, let´s keep this discussion a healthy one, shall we? No need to disrespect others. Post your views freely, but respect others views as well. ;)

As for Frosbite, since it was used in The Run I always said this is a bad game engine for a racing game. It is too heavy and on the PC it was not properly optimized, if at all. Mainly because it is a game engine meant for an FPS; it was made for an FPS in the first place. EA didn't modify it enough to create a racing game. Maybe V3 will change that but... I have my doubts.

SMS's game engine and Chameleon are perfect for NFS at the time.
the thing is man..i specifically said i don't care about what engine its using or whatever all i wanna do its to play a game that's fun and its not gonna mess up my system or PC and hes attacking me and calling me an underground fan and a moron?.. the majority in this forum specially in this session knows I'm the classic nfs type therefore as a classic gamer it was all about picking up the controller and playing a high pixelated game.

All along hes being reading my comments yet he decide to attacked me like an "underground rabid fan" and chameleon looked great but it was not optimized on PC ,you can go over the comments on the hot pursuit 2010 PC version all the glitches and bugs as well as most wanted and as well as frostbite 2 on the run which almost broke my system that's EA and Criterion issues if they don't wanna optimized it.i being talking about rivals on a positive note since Day one why because it reminds me of the classic nfs.

-Facepalm
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

I kinda agree with hydro about frostbite...
it was developed mainly with FPS in mind... it has too many modules that are never used in a racing game.
it's like a gigantic library... and lack of optimizations on PC forces you load up that entire library... just to use a small fraction of it.
i think the SMS engine used in shift2 was a great example of an engine with racing games in mind. great visuals... great physics modelling.
also i'm a PC gamer and i play my games on a 2009 (high end) spec laptop... i wish they do their optimization this time around with this FB3.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:I kinda agree with hydro about frostbite...
it was developed mainly with FPS in mind... it has too many modules that are never used in a racing game.
it's like a gigantic library... and lack of optimizations on PC forces you load up that entire library... just to use a small fraction of it.
i think the SMS engine used in shift2 was a great example of an engine with racing games in mind. great visuals... great physics modelling.
also i'm a PC gamer and i play my games on a 2009 (high end) spec laptop... i wish they do their optimization this time around with this FB3.
None of the engines are optimized for the PC , that's why they released patches for the chameleon engine in hot pursuit 2010 PC ,and Most Wanted till this day people still seeing the glitches in most wanted and hot pursuit , I'm even seeing glitches on the consoles too.by no mean I'm attacking you..I'm talking about the spoiled PC gamers who got a powerful rig and brag about it all the time unlike PC gamers who have a powerful rig and act humble ..you understand..its the same as console gamer..i remember when i was growing up my parents couldn't afford a PlayStation so i end up getting a super Nintendo and i saw kids bragging about having a PlayStation or a Dreamcast or an n64 all the time and like i said i own a PC and play PC games not all of them, i prefer more like simulations like Simcity and stuff.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:*huge mess of words, bad quotes and shiznit*
were you planning on making a point with that? cause I can't understand a word.
Phantom_pain33 wrote: None of the engines are optimized for the PC , that's why they released patches for the chameleon engine in hot pursuit 2010 PC ,and Most Wanted till this day people still seeing the glitches in most wanted and hot pursuit , I'm even seeing glitches on the consoles too.by no mean I'm attacking you..I'm talking about the spoiled PC gamers who got a powerful rig and brag about it all the time unlike PC gamers who have a powerful rig and act humble ..you understand..its the same as console gamer..i remember when i was growing up my parents couldn't afford a PlayStation so i end up getting a super Nintendo and i saw kids bragging about having a PlayStation or a Dreamcast or an n64 all the time and like i said i own a PC and play PC games not all of them, i prefer more like simulations like Simcity and stuff.
RenderWare and Chameleon were well optimized, patches are necessary for every game. derp.
finally.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

MaxT wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:*huge mess of words, bad quotes and shiznit*
were you planning on making a point with that? cause I can't understand a word.
Phantom_pain33 wrote: None of the engines are optimized for the PC , that's why they released patches for the chameleon engine in hot pursuit 2010 PC ,and Most Wanted till this day people still seeing the glitches in most wanted and hot pursuit , I'm even seeing glitches on the consoles too.by no mean I'm attacking you..I'm talking about the spoiled PC gamers who got a powerful rig and brag about it all the time unlike PC gamers who have a powerful rig and act humble ..you understand..its the same as console gamer..i remember when i was growing up my parents couldn't afford a PlayStation so i end up getting a super Nintendo and i saw kids bragging about having a PlayStation or a Dreamcast or an n64 all the time and like i said i own a PC and play PC games not all of them, i prefer more like simulations like Simcity and stuff.
RenderWare and Chameleon were well optimized, patches are necessary for every game. derp.
finally.
Hey man i don't have time to deal with this..you won the argument if you didn't understand a word not my problem.alright.i hope that's more clear and if your mission its to kick me off the forum then go ahead, I'm gonna stay here and I'm going to post my opinions whether you like it or not. If you want problems, will see if the mods will like it.

End of discussion.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Ok can we now get the discussion a bit friendlier? instead of calling each other morons etc.

I would love to get in the whole discussion but then I remembered I gave up on NFS a few years ago already.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

TheStig wrote:Ok can we now get the discussion a bit friendlier? instead of calling each other morons etc.

I would love to get in the whole discussion but then I remembered I gave up on NFS a few years ago already.

that's the first step to recovery. next step, stop buying EA games altogether.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Daaayummm, that was soo much Info' 4 Me that I could really explode... Zotic+ had it allright! =D> =D> =D>

Well... I think, that this Game looks really [hardcore] 2 Me - I'm still happy with NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 and there is really no need to have a Continuation with a [Ferrari Mod] into that - too bad the Developers didn't come to the Idea to expand the NFS Underground Tuning Series... now I'm really sceptical with the Future of NFS and the most interesting Question is: What will come after that!?! :?:

The Trailer Itself make Me think a bit of NFS The Run and
that's the true Feel what will come into the Game & I like it. :)

I saw already the NFS Movie Works on YouTube -
this is what I'm looking forward to - that'd be really thrilling! :twisted:

About My PC: I'm far away from a new PC, got not enough Money to buy ones this Year, but I can promise You that I will get every NFS Game and every Year, no matter how bad my PC is - I grew up with NFS and my Heart will always burn 4 it! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

MaxT wrote:
TheStig wrote:Ok can we now get the discussion a bit friendlier? instead of calling each other morons etc.

Lo.0L, but that won't happen to Me at anytime of my Life... :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Hydro_PT wrote:The trailer is cool... but that's true for every NFS trailer. :D

As for the gameplay, it looks like Hot Pursuit meets The Run, like someone above said. We'll see...
^Yeah, that's true! :wink:
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ThunderScrambler »

Dude stop spammin'.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

ThunderScrambler wrote:Dude stop spammin'.
^I'm sorry, long Time didn't used that Option! :mrgreen:
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

TRANSFORMER wrote:Daaayummm, that was soo much Info' 4 Me that I could really explode... Zotic+ had it allright! =D> =D> =D>

Well... I think, that this Game looks really [hardcore] 2 Me - I'm still happy with NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 and there is really no need to have a Continuation with a [Ferrari Mod] into that - too bad the Developers didn't come to the Idea to expand the NFS Underground Tuning Series... now I'm really sceptical with the Future of NFS and the most interesting Question is: What will come after that!?! :?:

The Trailer Itself make Me think a bit of NFS The Run and
that's the true Feel what will come into the Game & I like it. :)

I saw already the NFS Movie Works on YouTube -
this is what I'm looking forward to - that'd be really thrilling! :twisted:

About My PC: I'm far away from a new PC, got not enough Money to buy ones this Year, but I can promise You that I will get every NFS Game and every Year, no matter how bad my PC is - I grew up with NFS and my Heart will always burn 4 it! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
That's a true fan and kudos to you having my favorite need for speed title as your avatar! ^_^..rivals looks like the perfect hot pursuit 2010 sequel..everything that was missing from hot pursuit 2010 its in rivals..i prefer hot pursuit 2010 than most wanted 2012, i still play hot pursuit..even tho most wanted is sitting right next to it...also this is not the Ferrari mod its the return of Ferrari to the series :shock: ..maybe the ea and Microsoft connection has to deal with this... :roll:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

MaxT wrote:

Lemme think... what was the last EA game I bought... I think it was Battelfield BCII
Last NFS I bought was Undercover, and that was also where I drew the line, didn't bother with Shift because there are much better simulators out there.
Had good hopes for Hot Pursuit '10 till I tried the demo and had to deal with the horrible physics, I don't mind a arcade racer but drifting around a corner being the fastest option goes against everthing I know about racing.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

TheStig wrote:
MaxT wrote:

Lemme think... what was the last EA game I bought... I think it was Battelfield BCII
Last NFS I bought was Undercover, and that was also where I drew the line, didn't bother with Shift because there are much better simulators out there.
Had good hopes for Hot Pursuit '10 till I tried the demo and had to deal with the horrible physics, I don't mind a arcade racer but drifting around a corner being the fastest option goes against everthing I know about racing.
Then you should called this website racingunlimited.net and include games like ridge racer,gt,forza,driveclub and the newest series to join the fray..The crew.IMO

Return to “News”