NFS Rivals: preview from hands on at Gamescom

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS Rivals: preview from hands on at Gamescom

Post by Bojan »

I got a chance to play both the stage demo of Need for Speed Rivals and a full build at the behind closed doors presentation at Gamescom. The article is available here, but if you just want a quick summary, read below:
In the end I have to say that the game has potential to be a very decent racer as it uses the same core concepts that made Hot Pursuit fun like stunning environments, cop battles, sense of speed, great cars. And the big change on how the cars handle will appeal to everyone who didn't like the extremely arcade approach of Hot Pursuit. This year's entry to the series is not revolution but more of a collection of best things from the past games. And it has Ferraris!
Gamescom hands on preview

If you have any additional questions for me, post in the comments.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS Rivals: preview from hands on at Gamescom

Post by MaxT »

has the potential to be very decent? so, translated, that means it's pretty crap...

anyway so basically it's HP 2010 with Ferraris and Frostbite. mkay. pass.
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

Actually from gameplay trailers looks a lot like HP, so it's normal. We will see soon.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

In my Opinion this NFS Part will be a Continuation of NFS Hot Pursuit Series and it looks not really bad! :)

Thank You Bojan 4 the Article, 4 the Summary - I also respect @ll You do 4 NFS Fans and Members! 8)

Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

TRANSFORMER wrote:In my Opinion this NFS Part will be a Continuation of NFS Hot Pursuit Series and it looks not really bad! :)

Thank You Bojan 4 the Article, 4 the Summary - I also respect @ll You do 4 NFS Fans and Members! 8)

Well said transformer,aside from not having circuit tracks..this game seems to look like the perfect hot pursuit sequel bringing the cops vs. racers action again in a big way and combining the classic nfs epic environments and roads and a whole new physics engine and handling model which makes the game more thrilling and balanced and combine the best of both worlds the old school and new school.

Return to “News”