NFS Rivals: Gameplay - Progression & Pursuit Tech video

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS Rivals: Gameplay - Progression & Pursuit Tech video

Post by Bojan »

A new gameplay video featuring progression and pursuit tech upgrades.
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS Rivals: Gameplay - Progression & Pursuit Tech video

Post by ThunderScrambler »

This makes me think that Rivals actually has a 'storyline', as a guy
called Zephyr is mentioned.

Anyways, i am having very good hopes for this one. :)
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

ThunderScrambler wrote:This makes me think that Rivals actually has a 'storyline', as a guy
called Zephyr is mentioned.

Anyways, i am having very good hopes for this one. :)
Marcus said it has a 'narrative" story-line,trailer looks good and this game from the beginning had a High stakes vibe, it looks gritty and dark , and frostbite 3 makes look like that but there's just something else ,like sinister about it.
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

is it just me, or does the handling look exactly like the Criterion NFS games? plus the collisions look a bit crap :?
i have nothing more to add
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

ianism wrote:is it just me, or does the handling look exactly like the Criterion NFS games? plus the collisions look a bit crap :?
Your Scaring me but I think your exactly right handling appears just like crapterians model, I also noticed the corvette was drifiting turn @ about 97 mph, + the Viper T/A appears to control like a tank which is probably 2nd best handling viper to the 2008 Viper ACR, in Crapterian nfs games they always suck do to them being a grip vs drift vehicles, anyways the proofs in the pudding, Most importantly the steering lag or deadzone is still in full effect to exacerbate the crashes/collisions :x
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

ianism wrote:is it just me, or does the handling look exactly like the Criterion NFS games? plus the collisions look a bit crap :?
yeah kinda'. although it seems to have some degree of physics... the crashes look less forced though which is good.

anyway don't tell me we get to play as that little b**** from Breaking Bad...
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

They pretty much revealed the entire redview county, just on the areas..we seen, desert,snow,forests suburbs and beachfront/lake front.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:They pretty much revealed the entire redview county, just on the areas..we seen, desert,snow,forests suburbs and beachfront/lake front.
what were you expecting? the moon's surface?

EDIT: nvm, NFS1
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Tviper7 wrote:
Your Scaring me but I think your exactly right handling appears just like crapterians model, I also noticed the corvette was drifiting turn @ about 97 mph, + the Viper T/A appears to control like a tank which is probably 2nd best handling viper to the 2008 Viper ACR, in Crapterian nfs games they always suck do to them being a grip vs drift vehicles, anyways the proofs in the pudding, Most importantly the steering lag or deadzone is still in full effect to exacerbate the crashes/collisions :x
I wish they would setup the physics so each car had a specific grip threshold, so if you exceeded it your car would slide and lose time etc. Not on a simulator level, but to a level that would make things interesting and competitive. It would also open a new door to customization i.e. stickier tires which increases that threshold of grip.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

MaxT wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:They pretty much revealed the entire redview county, just on the areas..we seen, desert,snow,forests suburbs and beachfront/lake front.
what were you expecting? the moon's surface?

EDIT: nvm, NFS1
The "big open world" they announced has being pretty much fully revealed through the trailers that's what i'm saying.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Zotic+ wrote:
Tviper7 wrote:
I wish they would setup the physics so each car had a specific grip threshold, so if you exceeded it your car would slide and lose time etc. Not on a simulator level, but to a level that would make things interesting and competitive. It would also open a new door to customization i.e. stickier tires which increases that threshold of grip.
NFS Rivals Hands-on nfs-planet.com

Handling / Driving Experience
The developer team consists partly of veterans of the NFS series, like Craig Sullivan, who already worked on the relaunches of Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted. However, the handling doesn't feel like the Criterion produced games, it reminds me more like "The Run". The fastest way to take a curve is driving the racing line. You still can drift, but you have to keep an eye on your entry speed as well as the angle, which is in contrast to Hot Pursuit, where you went more straight ahead.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Phantom_pain33 wrote: NFS Rivals Hands-on nfs-planet.com

The developer team consists partly of veterans of the NFS series, like Craig Sullivan, who already worked on the relaunches of Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted. However, the handling doesn't feel like the Criterion produced games, it reminds me more like "The Run". The fastest way to take a curve is driving the racing line. You still can drift, but you have to keep an eye on your entry speed as well as the angle, which is in contrast to Hot Pursuit, where you went more straight ahead.
damn... Criterion's handling may have been forced but at least it worked, The Run's handling is just horrible.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

MaxT wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote: NFS Rivals Hands-on nfs-planet.com

damn... Criterion's handling may have been forced but at least it worked, The Run's handling is just horrible.
I think car handling in "The run" was miles better than crapterion model. One of the few positive things in that pile of **** called the run.
it would have been cool if ghost games used the pre-designed body kit system also.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Navid_A1 wrote: I think car handling in "The run" was miles better than crapterion model. One of the few positive things in that pile of **** called the run.
"Crapterion" you ignorant twat happens to be... or used to be until Ghost was founded, one of the best teams of game developers and programmers out there. yes their forced driving mechanics don't work too well in NFS Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted, but in Burnout they were flawless. why? because EA has a hard-on for NFS and insists on forcing the developers to meet impossible deadlines.

ether way, at least the cars in HP and MW were controllable. in The Run just staying on the road is an uphill battle.
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

wow. seems i started quite a storm. apparently MW'12 has much grippier cars than HP2010, but they only handled properly if you were using a controller. i was on a keyboard and it was horrendous. tried playing The Run and liked it, but for some reason the game lagged so much it was unplayable. i suspect this new game will be more like MW2012. whatever.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

ianism wrote:wow. seems i started quite a storm. apparently MW'12 has much grippier cars than HP2010, but they only handled properly if you were using a controller. i was on a keyboard and it was horrendous. tried playing The Run and liked it, but for some reason the game lagged so much it was unplayable. i suspect this new game will be more like MW2012. whatever.
They cannot please everybody. Even i don't know what i'm saying but we sit here judging handling,physics,graphics yet we don't know crap about the actual hands on process of game development..besides everyone here knows ,that this game will be available for download on torrents and its gonna downloaded by thousands of people, specially the ones bashing it and the so called "pc master race" and before someone decides to attack me based on my comment thinking that ,yeah phantom its saying this and that but wont end up getting it , i'm gonna get it just like how i got most wanted..which was a disaster not even the dlc's saved it, this game looks like the spiritual successor to high stakes and hot pursuit and i still play hot pursuit 2010 till this day and i cant play most wanted specially online its boring but i bought it even if i defended it and change my opinions back and forth.

Iansim i agreed with you on the handling of most wanted tho, it felt more fine tuned but the crash animation were horrible and over done as for the run ,the game could of being a blast but it end being a buggy mess.ghost seems to know what they are doing they bringing everything that made the series fun all back including making the cop chases fun again, because in most wanted i felt like i was chasing after the cops.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

The handling in The Run was really crap IMO. The worst one I've had in a NFS. Hot Pursuit 2010 was perfect with a wheel! You really had fun in those races and the drifting was really cool and easy to do. Most Wanted 2012 was impossible with a wheel, but more or less good with a keyboard. The reaction of the cars was a bit late though, so you had to get used to it. The cars should be a bit nimbler if you wanted to escape crashes in the last second.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Hydro_PT wrote:Hot Pursuit 2010 was perfect with a wheel! You really had fun in those races and the drifting was really cool and easy to do. Most Wanted 2012 was impossible with a wheel, but more or less good with a keyboard.
the roadblocks Dx
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

They cannot please everybody. Even i don't know what i'm saying but we sit here judging handling,physics,graphics yet we don't know crap about the actual hands on process of game development..besides everyone here knows ,that this game will be available for download on torrents and its gonna downloaded by thousands of people, specially the ones bashing it and the so called "pc master race" and before someone decides to attack me based on my comment thinking that ,yeah phantom its saying this and that but wont end up getting it , i'm gonna get it just like how i got most wanted..which was a disaster not even the dlc's saved it, this game looks like the spiritual successor to high stakes and hot pursuit and i still play hot pursuit 2010 till this day and i cant play most wanted specially online its boring but i bought it even if i defended it and change my opinions back and forth.

Iansim i agreed with you on the handling of most wanted tho, it felt more fine tuned but the crash animation were horrible and over done as for the run ,the game could of being a blast but it end being a buggy mess.ghost seems to know what they are doing they bringing everything that made the series fun all back including making the cop chases fun again, because in most wanted i felt like i was chasing after the cops.
sure. regarding your comments at the end there (and Hydro's below yours), anyone else think that MW and The Run were a bit rushed at the end and so came out with a bunch of annoying flaws? it wouldn't surprise me, given EA's near-fanatical dedication to getting NFS games out in the leadup to Christmas...
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

ianism wrote:

sure. regarding your comments at the end there (and Hydro's below yours), anyone else think that MW and The Run were a bit rushed at the end and so came out with a bunch of annoying flaws? it wouldn't surprise me, given EA's near-fanatical dedication to getting NFS games out in the leadup to Christmas...
Off course they were both rushed.the run was incomplete, i beat the game the same night i got it and when i went back to gamestop the next day everybody laughed at me, they said i was the only one that came for a pre-order that night.Most wanted had the potential to be a nice game, but apart from the flaws man they made it too simple , too easy and a very limited multiplayer(the game its called most wanted and no cops online, they should off stick to the rap sheet from mw 2005) i don't like this playlists style of progression/career seriously so will see about rivals.
SonicTH228
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SonicTH228 »

*Shakes head.*

I can't remember the last time I wasn't hyped for an NFS game (Shift?).

Don't get me wrong, I might consider HP 2010 the worst game Criterion has made but I think it's still an okay game on its own merits. I do NOT want to just play it again on a next generation system but these people seem to think that's exactly what we want.

Most disappointing NFS year probably ever (even Shift, despite being underwhelming, at least looked like a novel direction for the series).
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

SonicTH228 wrote: I can't remember the last time I wasn't hyped for an NFS game (Shift?).

Don't get me wrong, I might consider HP 2010 the worst game Criterion has made but I think it's still an okay game on its own merits
NFS isn't for you dude, clearly. Seems that Gran Turismo is more your type of "game".
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ThunderScrambler »

Trailer about All-drive coming soon:
http://www.needforspeed.com/rivals/game ... -all-drive
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

Again cool trailer, but we want the game to be as good as the trailer.
SonicTH228
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SonicTH228 »

MaxT wrote:
SonicTH228 wrote: I can't remember the last time I wasn't hyped for an NFS game (Shift?).

Don't get me wrong, I might consider HP 2010 the worst game Criterion has made but I think it's still an okay game on its own merits
NFS isn't for you dude, clearly. Seems that Gran Turismo is more your type of "game".
Please don't reply like an idiot to my posts.

Return to “News”