NFS: Rivals - launch trailer and PS4 reviews are here

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS: Rivals - launch trailer and PS4 reviews are here

Post by Hydro_PT »

The official launch trailer for Need For Speed: Rivals has been released by EA, exactly on the same day that the North American PlayStation 4 version of the game is released to the public (together with the console itself). The newest iteration of the iconic Need For Speed series was developed by Ghost Games and will be available on November 19th for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It is also the first NFS to be released on the eighth generation of consoles, as both the PlayStation 4 (November 15th in North America and November 22nd in Europe) and the Xbox One (22nd November) will receive the game.

Check the trailer below!

The first scores for the PS4 version are also available and, as you can see, so far Rivals is scoring good in the next-gen.

US Gamer – 5/5
PlayStation Lifestyle – 8.5
Gamespot – 8
EGM – 7
GamesRadar – 3.5/5
AusGamers – 8.5
Eurogamer Spain – 9
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS: Rivals - launch trailer and PS4 reviews are here

Post by MaxT »

WHO CARES!!

kidding. so what exactly is new about the next-gen consoles? cause apart from CoD Ghosts whose old-gen color palette was made boring on purpose to seem less appealing, I don't see a difference between old gen console graphics and next-gen ones... Assassins Creed IV Black Flag doesn't even seem that different on the Wii on U ether.

nobody had the b*lls to compare the PC versions with the next-gen console ones but that's no surprise.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well I guess that's because these consoles have just come out and the devs haven't had time to truly explore the capabilities of each console. The same happened with the PS3 and Xbox 360, the graphics when the consoles were released where not near as good as they are now, when the both consoles have reached their limits.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

yeah but they did look a lot better compared to back then's old-gen (PS2 / Xbox) and even PC, although I think the PC versions were nerfed on purpose.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

With the hate/sarcasm that i'm able to see in this topic , i wanted to post my review about the game and talk about the console but honestly ill save my words and cents for a more mature forum that care for what they are and trying to do , not what they are expected to be by many launch.ill just leave it at the game by no mean is perfect but it plays good and looks good on the ps4.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:With the hate/sarcasm that i'm able to see in this topic , i wanted to post my review about the game and talk about the console but honestly ill save my words and cents for a more mature forum that care for what they are and trying to do , not what they are expected to be by many launch.ill just leave it at the game by no mean is perfect but it plays good and looks good on the ps4.
see a psychiatrist while you're at it, freak.
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

Again cool action trailer. But will see soon.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

MaxT wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:With the hate/sarcasm that i'm able to see in this topic , i wanted to post my review about the game and talk about the console but honestly ill save my words and cents for a more mature forum that care for what they are and trying to do , not what they are expected to be by many launch.ill just leave it at the game by no mean is perfect but it plays good and looks good on the ps4.
see a psychiatrist while you're at it, freak.
I guess you are trying to say i'm crazy because my opinion its adverse to yours, but I've gone through school and i study psychiatry so i don't need a psychiatrist i can diagnosed myself and i can also diagnosed you and give you sum pills for THAT SH*T THAT YOUR ON!..Seriously man congrats your doing it and doing it right ,i think will fit well for a troll and i'm surprise the mods here are still dealing with your shiznit..honestly why don't you take it step further and go boycott the game at a store ,form a rally or something..stop hiding yourself behind a fing screen and do something..if you get a boner or a rush for pissing people off and your ultimate goal its to get me banned from the site or me leaving the forums that won't happen...but you have a chip on your shoulders that says this is the internet , "i can say what i want and you can't do nothing about it"..well one day you gonna find a certified freak that's not gonna deal with your shiznit...this is the internet we can do what we want right?..I'll leave it at that.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

To be honest, both of you are acting like little children. One doesn't want to post his opinion about the game because the forum is not "mature" (WTF?), and the other just wants to criticize the game everywhere there's a thread about it. Jesus guys, stop with that. It's ridiculous. ;)

MaxT has the right to post his opinion about the game, whether you agree with him or not. If you don't like that, just ignore his posts and move along, you are not forced to reply to him. That's what I do sometimes when I believe he's just trying to start an argument. The "freak" thing did cross the line though MaxT, do not disrespect others, you have already been told that before. You got a warning point.

Phantom has the right to post his opinion as well, and this forum is not immature because there's someone here who doesn't agree with your point of views. We are all different and we have all different opinions. That's what a forum is, a place for people to share their opinions.

So guys, do me a favour and stop with that childish bickering now. Any more posts like that in future threads will be deleted. There's also other users around who don't like this kind of stuff. A new NFS has just been released and what everyone wants is to give this forum a bit more activity, so your constant "fights" don't help at all. :)
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

im interested in it :D
Instagram @SupraHKS
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Hydro_PT wrote: MaxT has the right to post his opinion about the game, whether you agree with him or not. If you don't like that, just ignore his posts and move along, you are not forced to reply to him. That's what I do sometimes when I believe he's just trying to start an argument. The "freak" thing did cross the line though MaxT, do not disrespect others, you have already been told that before. You got a warning point.
ff they'd stop crying like babies cause I'm criticizing their favorite games I honestly wouldn't give a damn.

I can't stand fanboys. there's nothing I hate more in this world. well, maybe except tuna. and I'll show it if they make me.
DateMost2
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DateMost2 »

EuroGamer Spain 9 of 10? this dudes are insane I 'd burn their offices just right now...
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

MaxT wrote:
Hydro_PT wrote: MaxT has the right to post his opinion about the game, whether you agree with him or not. If you don't like that, just ignore his posts and move along, you are not forced to reply to him. That's what I do sometimes when I believe he's just trying to start an argument. The "freak" thing did cross the line though MaxT, do not disrespect others, you have already been told that before. You got a warning point.
ff they'd stop crying like babies cause I'm criticizing their favorite games I honestly wouldn't give a damn.

I can't stand fanboys. there's nothing I hate more in this world. well, maybe except tuna. and I'll show it if they make me.
sorry, but you're being unhelpful. go away and come back later when you're willing to be nice.

also, gametrailers review. http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/kqz ... als-review
8.4/10
i have nothing more to add
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Hydro_PT wrote:To be honest, both of you are acting like little children. One doesn't want to post his opinion about the game because the forum is not "mature" (WTF?), and the other just wants to criticize the game everywhere there's a thread about it. Jesus guys, stop with that. It's ridiculous. ;)

MaxT has the right to post his opinion about the game, whether you agree with him or not. If you don't like that, just ignore his posts and move along, you are not forced to reply to him. That's what I do sometimes when I believe he's just trying to start an argument. The "freak" thing did cross the line though MaxT, do not disrespect others, you have already been told that before. You got a warning point.

Phantom has the right to post his opinion as well, and this forum is not immature because there's someone here who doesn't agree with your point of views. We are all different and we have all different opinions. That's what a forum is, a place for people to share their opinions.

So guys, do me a favour and stop with that childish bickering now. Any more posts like that in future threads will be deleted. There's also other users around who don't like this kind of stuff. A new NFS has just been released and what everyone wants is to give this forum a bit more activity, so your constant "fights" don't help at all. :)
That's exactly the reason why i posted my response, how you just gonna called someone a freak ?.Ever since i joined the forum i always posted my review on the games, and YES I'M A FAN OF NEED FOR SPEED AND A FAN OF CARS but one thing that i learn in life is that it takes multiple people to create a positive environment,but it only takes one person to ruined it for everyone.i saw the topic and i was like cool let me post my review on the game but once i see the comments i was like nope it seems like the war has started and i'm gonna land on a pit of fire.

I'm sorry about the caps,but everybody here knows whats going on, i like to keep things mature and respectful but if you provoke me ,i will react its part of the mantra "learn and adapt".its not about me being a kid or acting childish.if you are about to give a speech and someone start yelling your a freak for no reason,how you going to feel?..i can tolerate many things but comments and responses like those and seeing his other responses and quarrels with other members of the forum you have to be prepare to deal with it.

I don't mind a great opinion, tell me why you disagree in a formal way ,coherent way and ill respect that.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

i saw some video reviews of rivals. it seems that the handling (and jumps and collisions) is exactly the same as last year's most wanted.
anyone can give any "fair" and "honest" words on this?
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Navid_A1 wrote:i saw some video reviews of rivals. it seems that the handling (and jumps and collisions) is exactly the same as last year's most wanted.
physics engines cost money bro. [sarcasm]you can't expect EA to invest now can you? they might as well give you the game for free![/sarcasm]
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

MaxT wrote:
Navid_A1 wrote:i saw some video reviews of rivals. it seems that the handling (and jumps and collisions) is exactly the same as last year's most wanted.
physics engines cost money bro. [sarcasm]you can't expect EA to invest now can you? they might as well give you the game for free![/sarcasm]
lol...
i think it's becoming a pattern...
NFS:TR by blackbox ... set deadline, sell the game, get the money shut down dev and drop support.
MOH2010 and MOH:W by danger close... set deadline, sell the game, get the money shut down dev and drop support.
NFS:MW by criterion... set deadline, sell the game, get the money shut down dev and drop support.

aahhh... i miss the days when gaming companies were actually gamers themselves... now they seem like b*st*rd lawyers trying to farm money in any way possible.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Navid_A1 wrote: lol...
i think it's becoming a pattern...
NFS:TR by blackbox ... set deadline, sell the game, get the money shut down dev and drop support.
MOH2010 and MOH:W by danger close... set deadline, sell the game, get the money shut down dev and drop support.
NFS:MW by criterion... set deadline, sell the game, get the money shut down dev and drop support.

aahhh... i miss the days when gaming companies were actually gamers themselves... now they seem like b*st*rd lawyers trying to farm money in any way possible.
I think The Run was actually Black Box' last chance to prove that they aren't completely useless.

anyway seems like the only developer that actually gives a damn these days is Valve, though I'd expect them to turn as well if that console of theirs sells well.

"we won't make exclusive games for SteamOS" where have I heard that before... oh that's right, Microsoft.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

quote from Eurogamer review:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... als-review
It's a sensation that was brilliantly felt in Criterion's Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit in 2010, but one lacking a little in its 2012 follow-up Most Wanted. Rivals feels like a continuation of those titles, which is no surprise - the bulk of the staff at new studio Ghost Games was transplanted from the Guildford studio earlier this year, and the weight of handling, feel of vehicle combat and technical achievements will be familiar to fans of the Burnout developer's brand of racing.
FFS... WHY?
oh... god i hate criterion... i hate burnout... I hate EA...
why criterion wont just leave NFS alone...
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Navid_A1 wrote: FFS... WHY?
because otherwise there would be no NFS?
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Navid_A1 wrote:quote from Eurogamer review:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... als-review
It's a sensation that was brilliantly felt in Criterion's Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit in 2010, but one lacking a little in its 2012 follow-up Most Wanted. Rivals feels like a continuation of those titles, which is no surprise - the bulk of the staff at new studio Ghost Games was transplanted from the Guildford studio earlier this year, and the weight of handling, feel of vehicle combat and technical achievements will be familiar to fans of the Burnout developer's brand of racing.
FFS... WHY?
There's really nothing we can do but hope that Ghost Games Forges its own legacy and identity now that Dweeb, Craig Sullivan won't be overseeing Next Years Game, but from everything I've heard handles pretty much like most wanted which 5x better than Hot Pursuit 2010's Craptastic Handling Model. MW2012 cars had a sense of weight and a more consistent hand brake @ least on the style of cars I like to drive. I'm gonna give it a try out cause I'll be purchasing the 360 vers. tomorrow if its truly horrid I'll Chuck it for GT6 in December, Be Prepared for some Racer Griefing if your Online on the 360 Version...
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

I've played the Cop side for a few hours, and I find the steering to be quite nice!

I had trouble finding the menu to change the settings, etc. I really hate it when the game puts you into the intro and tutorials before letting you change your settings.

It was just the secondary list after the main map, etc but eventually I managed to change the units to metric and distance the dials to the edge of the screen instead of being clogged in the middle.

There are only 2 camera modes (front bumper, or outside), which is a bit disappointing... at least include a bonnet view if you can't make an in-car one?

Events are very fluid. You can jump right in from the hideout/command center, or you can drive to it. There are also many dynamic chases/races you can start as you bump into other cars.

Now, back to the handling of the cars. I find them to be quite well done! They aren't that hard to master, and each car does have its own distinct handling ... what's the right word here... personalities? As an example, (being on the Cop side) Vanquish was very smooth around corners, not requiring too much handbraking even through tight hairpins (sometimes when you're too fast) whereas the Porsche 911 Turbo did require a bit of handbrake to initiate that drift, but wasn't very hard to maintain the drift throughout the turns. Ferrari 458 on the other hand, was VERY sticky to the road. It did NOT want to slide at all, and even after applying handbrake, the car still wants to stop sliding. I didn't really like it very much (didn't really match my driving style) but I think some people can use it to their own advantage.

The "gadgets" are more varied from Hot Pursuit (2010) as well, and they're more customizable in a way. You get a pick of 2 on each car (you have to spend speed points on each one, that's what you save up for in Cops mode, as they give you the cars "for free". Don't know much about the Racer side as I haven't played it much neither, but I know you have to unlock your cars with speed points... I think) so depending on the situations you may want to use spikes, others EMP, and there are many other ones, including helicopter support, roadblock, shock-bumper, E(something something) as sort of a "shield" against EMP and other stuff, but can be used to damage other cars... kind of like the Star in Mario Kart.

Overall, I'm enjoying it so far, but for now, I'm really only blasting through the "story" (which is very lame... but that's not the point of the game) because I have many other games to get back to. (X-Rebirth, a few indie games, The Last of Us, replay the whole Mass Effect trilogy again, GT6 coming soon, etc.)
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Well isn't like we've left the island of repetition completely this was definitely a retread of Hot Pursuit/Most Wanted with enough new ideas to keep it interesting for a short time, but I was presently surprised when I got the controls in my hands its very smooth, if you didn't know who developed the game you'd swear they left the drifting out completely. They made it so seamlessly easy/natural compared to hot pursuit/most wanted its almost non existent in some vehicles.

Gone are the Forced Drift on a swivel Physics of Hot Pursuit, they're still there but there layered over a much improved steering responsive/low lag affair with a decent heft to the car the steering lag only starts to bite @ extremely high speeds. I'd imagine it gets better as you upgrade the cars, the tier system is completely gone in lue of Heat levels on racer cars. I'm extremely surprised by how well it turned out, with Frost Bite 3/ Ex-Criterion @ the Helm its Definitely Pretty although not 60fps.(FrostBite 3 Beautiful on Current Gen and Beyond Wow!)

There is a fine balance and slickness to physics in this vers. that wasn't in hot pursuit 2010 @ all. I'll give you that! extremely shocked by this latest iteration of Need for Speed.(Thanks Bojan & everyone who shared there early hands on impressions.)

8.3/10 I'll leave off 4/10ths of point till they fix the server migration issues and after we see how the dlc(Rumoured La Ferrari Included) turns out.
Great Job! Ghosts
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

Tviper7 wrote:Well isn't like we've left the island of repetition completely this was definitely a retread of Hot Pursuit/Most Wanted with enough new ideas to keep it interesting for a short time, but I was pleasantly surprised when I got the controls in my hands its very smooth, if you didn't know who developed the game you'd swear they left the drifting out completely. They made it so seamlessly easy/natural compared to hot pursuit/most wanted its almost non existent in some vehicles.

Gone are the Forced Drift on a swivel Physics of Hot Pursuit, they're still there but they are (they're) layered over a much improved steering responsive/low lag affair with a decent heft to the car the steering lag only starts to bite @ extremely high speeds. I'd imagine it gets better as you upgrade the cars, the tier system is completely gone in lue of Heat levels on racer cars. I'm extremely surprised by how well it turned out, with Frost Bite 3/ Ex-Criterion @ the Helm its Definitely Pretty although not 60fps.(FrostBite 3 Beautiful on Current Gen and Beyond Wow!)

There is a fine balance and slickness to physics in this vers. that wasn't in hot pursuit 2010 @ all. I'll give you that! extremely shocked by this latest iteration of Need for Speed.(Thanks Bojan & everyone who shared there early hands on impressions.)

8.3/10 I'll leave off 4/10ths of point till they fix the server migration issues and after we see how the dlc(Rumoured La Ferrari Included) turns out.
Great Job! Ghosts
fixed. :wink: good review.
MaxT wrote: I think The Run was actually Black Box' last chance to prove that they aren't completely useless.
definitely
i have nothing more to add
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Thanks! I Think :?

Return to “News”