Koenigsegg Agera One:1 for free in Rivals

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Koenigsegg Agera One:1 for free in Rivals

Post by Hydro_PT »

After launching a series of paid DLC packs, namely the Ferrari, Jaguar and Lamborghini packs, EA has just announced the newest addition to Need For Speed: Rivals. And it is indeed very new, as the real car was shown for the first time precisely today, at the Geneva Motor Show. It is called the Koenigsegg Agera One:1 and it is Koenigsegg's answer to the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport and the Hennessey Venom GT, currently the two fastest supercars in the world.

The Agera One:1 weighs 1,341 kg and features a 5.0-liter twin-turbo V8 that develops (wait for it) 1,341 horsepower. But there's more: not only is the Agera One:1 capable of going past the 400 km/h barrier, it is also the fastest car to do it. All you need is 20 seconds and a fair bit of straight asphalt. Need to stop quickly? Apply the brakes and they will bring the car to a stand still in... 10 seconds. The top speed of the Agera One:1 is rumoured to be 440 kph (273 mph), which means it would be faster than the Veyron Super Sport and the Hennessey Venom GT. However, this is yet to be proved as the car hasn't been tested in real life conditions yet.

The cool thing is that both the racer and cop version of this truly amazing supercar will be available for free in Need For Speed: Rivals. Check the trailer below.

MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Koenigsegg Agera One:1 for free in Rivals

Post by MaxT »

AW HELL NO NOT ANOTHER... wait, free?

ok :3
Mato1987
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mato1987 »

Damn, that Koenigsegg agera one is one incredibly FAST car, I just recorded a top speed of 452.56 km/h on one of the speed cameras !!!! incredible car.
Proof:
http://imageshack.com/a/img268/8122/82ut.png
manoeuvre
Stock
Stock

Post by manoeuvre »

I feel the car is way overpowered.
Mato1987
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mato1987 »

manoeuvre wrote:I feel the car is way overpowered.
well it's top speed in real life is beyond 450 kmh too :) But I understand that car cannot be outrunned by any other car in the game, thats for sure
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Mato1987 wrote:well it's top speed in real life is beyond 450 kmh too :) But I understand that car cannot be outrunned by any other car in the game, thats for sure
Actually, the top speed claimed by Koenigsegg is 273 mph (that's ~439 km/h). But this has not been tested yet, it is just a theoretical top speed. No one knows if the car will actually be able to go that fast. It's not only the aerodynamics and engine horsepower that count towards top speed - is there any set of tyres out there good enough for such speed? I mean, the Veyron Super Sport is the world's fastest production car at 431 km/h, but it is electronically limited to 415 km/h to prevent the tyres from disintegrating. :o

And yes, I know that the Venom GT reached 435 km/h a couple of months ago, but that was a single run, which is not valid. The Super Sport also reached 434 km/h in one of the runs, yet it is the average of two runs that counts. Maybe Henessey were afraid their tyres would disintegrate if they did a second run? :D
Mato1987
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mato1987 »

Hydro_PT wrote:
Mato1987 wrote:well it's top speed in real life is beyond 450 kmh too :) But I understand that car cannot be outrunned by any other car in the game, thats for sure
Actually, the top speed claimed by Koenigsegg is 273 mph (that's ~439 km/h). But this has not been tested yet, it is just a theoretical top speed. No one knows if the car will actually be able to go that fast. It's not only the aerodynamics and engine horsepower that count towards top speed - is there any set of tyres out there good enough for such speed? I mean, the Veyron Super Sport is the world's fastest production car at 431 km/h, but it is electronically limited to 415 km/h to prevent the tyres from disintegrating. :o

And yes, I know that the Venom GT reached 435 km/h a couple of months ago, but that was a single run, which is not valid. The Super Sport also reached 434 km/h in one of the runs, yet it is the average of two runs that counts. Maybe Henessey were afraid their tyres would disintegrate if they did a second run? :D
That is a good point :) I think the car manufacturers need to add wings to their hyper cars in order to achieve a higher top speed and prevent tires from dissolving :lol:
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

Great ride on visual and performance aspect.

Return to “News”