New Need for Speed Trailer

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

New Need for Speed Trailer

Post by Bojan »

Need for Speed returns in Fall 2015 to PS4, Xbox One and PC in an action driving experience that unites the culture of speed

The new NFS game will feature deep customisation, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game.
DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: New Need for Speed Trailer

Post by DMNBT »

Two quick points I want to make:
-Immensely dissapointed with the presence of police cars. MW2012 ans Rivals' ones were pretty annoying, and I just don't see them changing their behaviour.
-Gimme cheesy story with sub-par FMVs or don't give me story at all. I'm waiting to see what type of story will be.

EDIT: According to Polygon, the game's name is actually "Need for Speed", which is kind of funny as that usually means a reboot (which they claim it is), but this would actually be the first time a game in the series is called that.
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

It's a reboot and the name is simply Need For Speed.
DJBIDOUILE
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by DJBIDOUILE »

NFS IS BACK , Finally ^^
Le moteur est le cœur d'une voiture, mais le pilote
est son âme
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

This is a reboot and this is what need for speed will represent from now on..this is what the underground crowd wanted..they got it.cops will be there because is street racing and as you can see is crown vics..they clearly borrow elements from one of the most popular demanded games mw2005(cops and story) and underground 2 (customization and style).
anel93
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anel93 »

That makes me so angry as that is taking my Childhood from me... Underground-Fans are the most stupidest that exists..firetruck the game even more now when they want 2F2F-themed NFS forever... That is not showing respect to its root... And many guys stopped playing NFS just because Underground came..
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

anel93 wrote:That makes me so angry as that is taking my Childhood from me... Underground-Fans are the most stupidest that exists..firetruck the game even more now when they want 2F2F-themed NFS forever... That is not showing respect to its root... And many guys stopped playing NFS just because Underground came..
The funny thing is those same underground fans are pissed about this game because is not called underground 3, yet the game takes it back to 'those' roots.

Facepalm/
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

I knew it! Many people have been waiting a long time for this.

It's not quite UG3, but it is harping back to the UG/Most Wanted era which is what people have been calling for for a long time. Excitedly awaiting the full reveal next month, even if my PC probably can't run it!
anel93
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anel93 »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
anel93 wrote:That makes me so angry as that is taking my Childhood from me... Underground-Fans are the most stupidest that exists..firetruck the game even more now when they want 2F2F-themed NFS forever... That is not showing respect to its root... And many guys stopped playing NFS just because Underground came..
The funny thing is those same underground fans are pissed about this game because is not called underground 3, yet the game takes it back to 'those' roots.

Facepalm/
The differnece is that NFS's roots and Originality is gone because of this new game as they said its a Reboot..
Those who complained about the game not being called Underground 3 is because those fans are fake... they want customisiations in every single game.. no game can be stock anymore.. its only about modifying and now then this game comes.. Ferrari will be gone aswell, thats sad because Ferrari just came back in NFS Rivals but now will be gone again
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

anel93 wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:

Facepalm/
The differnece is that NFS's roots and Originality is gone because of this new game as they said its a Reboot..
Those who complained about the game not being called Underground 3 is because those fans are fake... they want customisiations in every single game.. no game can be stock anymore.. its only about modifying and now then this game comes.. Ferrari will be gone aswell, thats sad because Ferrari just came back in NFS Rivals but now will be gone again
True indeed..is sad cause nfs was all about exotics stock cars racing on roads inspired by the world best roads..i swear Driveclub is the closest we gonna get to a classic need for speed formula all they need is to add cops and that's it.this game does have elements of most wanted 2005 and that game was cool it was the perfect marriage of the underground era and the classics looking forward to see it on the 15th..this game will be very similar to the mobile game nfs no limits..so i already have an idea what cars this game will have since no limits is also developed with speed hunters too.Ferrari is in the mobile game and you can customized them.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

You guys have to understand the Underground to Carbon era was one of the most popular periods in Need for Speed history, and for a particular generation, it's the games we grew up with.

Sure, calling it the series' 'roots' might be a mis-use of the term, but it is going back to what made the series appeal to so many people at the time.
alex2jz
Stock
Stock

Post by alex2jz »

Finally ! Underground 3 is here hopefully, even though for unknown reasons they won't name it that way. Looks like i'm going to finally play a NFS title, after a long long time. Also i appreciate the 2 year long development process, hope it's a game worthy of the Underground series and not a cheap rip off like the last NFS Games.

For the supercar, sunny days fans, no customization, they have done this a dozen times in the last years and none of them were that great, it's time to try something else, that also has had great success in the past.

Also some great shots can be found on gamespot.
rody9933
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rody9933 »

Some complain about the UG series, but still they where the most innovative, along with MW for me.

I don't mind if they come back, the UG/MW period was the best for me, even if i agree with you that the true NFS was the exotic cars (I personally started with NFS 2 SE).
They return to UG, because they see the sales drops because most people want that UG/MW series back. Carbon had a few new things, but it looked mostly like MW, the same for Undercover.

Since undercover, the serie got badder for me atleast, i don't even played NFS MW 2012, just because the gameplay changed to much, and it looks to much as a Burnout for me.
But I have to say, the The Run wasn't bad at all.

Hope the trailer gived us the good impression, and hope that they put the UG and MW features in it and that they don't cut it out.
That's what the (most) players wanted for a long long time.
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by oumysoft »

Old School Need for Speed Fan here (Started with The Need for Speed 1995 and owned every game since)
What I find baffling is why EA can't come up with a game that satisfies both fans (Pre and Post Underground).
Ideally have lots of Imports and Exotics (Restrict the customisation if manufacturers don't want there cars modified) but make it as customisable as possible.
For the track/map, what is wrong with having a large condensed city (like most wanted) but sandwiched between mountains and coastal beaches (Hot pursuit) as it suits both sets of fans.
When it comes to car handling, Hot Pursuit 2/Underground 1(not 2) and Most Wanted had the best car handling so model it to those.
Recently, they have used day/night cycle and I know this new one will be mostly night. When we did have the day/night cycle, night time felt very bland (compared with underground). I would say have the day/night cycle, but make night times vibrant like Underground while keeping day light like Most Wanted.

Having said all that, we know very little of the game and although some of the features I mentioned will not be included. I do hope the car list is as diverse as possible (I hope they include Lambos, Ferraris, McLarens and Porches along side the Mitsubishis, Subarus, Nissans etc)
Eurotrash
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Eurotrash »

Need For Speed is dead, it's been like that for more than a decade. This is just another rice-bomb simulator masquerading as Need For Speed.
Demon_Slayer723
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Demon_Slayer723 »

Eurotrash wrote:Need For Speed is dead, it's been like that for more than a decade. This is just another rice-bomb simulator masquerading as Need For Speed.
If the series is as you say, "dead", why did you come here in the first place? Your logic fails.
TurkishStyLe
Stock
Stock

Post by TurkishStyLe »

Im pretty sure, this game will bring old members back to NFSunlimited. Im already really excited to modify some creative cars.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

TurkishStyLe wrote:Im pretty sure, this game will bring old members back to NFSunlimited. Im already really excited to modify some creative cars.
You betcha, we should see a resurgence in both the forums and Showroom. Heck, it's brought me back after a few years of inactivity.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Underground 3 anyone?

Eurotrash
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Eurotrash »

Skyline_man wrote:Underground 3 anyone?
Everybody's getting hyped for no reason again. There's nothing to suggest this will be the Underground 3 that Fast & Furious fans are hoping for. Need I remind you of this:

As for a real Need For Speed game, I guess every sane individual has given up hope for one. This looks more like The Run 2.
RNCoetzee
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RNCoetzee »

One thing you guys are forgetting:

AFTER reboot of Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit - we are talking about EA!!! Sentences like "we are listening to the fans" are prohibited by the board of directors. It is going to be another cheap cash-in on popular and forgotten franchise, with tons of microtransactions.
Eurotrash
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Eurotrash »

RNCoetzee wrote:One thing you guys are forgetting:

AFTER reboot of Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit - we are talking about EA!!! Sentences like "we are listening to the fans" are prohibited by the board of directors. It is going to be another cheap cash-in on popular and forgotten franchise, with tons of microtransactions.
The boy is making sense.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Eurotrash wrote:
Skyline_man wrote:Underground 3 anyone?
Everybody's getting hyped for no reason again. There's nothing to suggest this will be the Underground 3 that Fast & Furious fancunts are hoping for. Need I remind you of this:

As for a real Need For Speed game, I guess every sane individual has given up hope for one. This looks more like The Run 2.
Have you looked at any of the information they've released, or the trailer? It's clear a spiritual successor to the UG-Carbon days, and they've gone as far as to call it a re-boot of the series to 'bring it back to what made the series great'.

The latest 'Most Wanted' quite clearly was going to be nothing like the 2005 game and never pretended to be so.
Eurotrash
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Eurotrash »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote: Have you looked at any of the information they've released, or the trailer? It's clear a spiritual successor to the UG-Carbon days, and they've gone as far as to call it a re-boot of the series to 'bring it back to what made the series great'.
The "UG-Carbon days" cover at least 4 games. More if we assume they didn't end with Carbon, and they didn't. As for the series, it didn't start with Underground, look it up. This was the first Need For Speed game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkKxAnOsKfU

And it dates back nearly a decade before Underground. Also does not feature hip-hop, Walmart trunk speakers, tinted NOS spray (wtf), "riced" mommy-mobiles or a pointless story mode to drag it down. What it does have though are physics that made Gran Turismo look like Mario Kart, a great sense of speed (hence the title) and a set of the most popular sports cars of the time (if not ever). THAT is what Need For Speed is about.
Dr Houbenheimer wrote: The latest 'Most Wanted' quite clearly was going to be nothing like the 2005 game and never pretended to be so.
And this one will be? Why? Apart from some white guys with baseball caps screaming "yo yo!" I don't see how it resembles Underground or Carbon at all. On the other hand, I've spotted a few similarities with The Run:

-Battlefield style graphics, mostly cyan and orange visual treatment
-Simplistic car customization (a wide bodykit, a set of rims, a custom paintjob, and go)
-Real location, American city
-Bad soundtrack

Most Wanted actually had me fooled at first. This one isn't even trying.
CarbonXRS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CarbonXRS »

I don't want to get hyped up because I don't want to be let down if the game falls apart. Trailers and gameplay videos won't help because EA spends 90% of money and effort into marketing and 10% into actually making games, so we'll just have to wait until the game is released to judge it.

But dammit the trailer still looked cool!

Return to “News”