NFS 2015: First teaser May 21

2015 Need for Speed
Redline2015
Ricer
Ricer

NFS 2015: First teaser May 21

Post by Redline2015 »

The first teaser of coming NFS will be released on 21 May.

We look forward to it.
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFS 2015: First teaser May 21

Post by Strafer »

Looks like it could be Underground 3. :mrgreen:

=D>

Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Yep looks like you guys are getting underground customization and everything i say this year need for speed is called simply underground or no limits...i saw a pic where they showing that red car being customized..it was on neogaf..it looks is goona have modern customization think something like ken block cars..huge spoilers based on that porsche.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

And someone at Ghost Games confirmed it's a tuning game, at Facebook they posted also a pic of a green car with BBS style rims painted with green coat!

It's happening!!!!
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

xturbo wrote:And someone at Ghost Games confirmed it's a tuning game, at Facebook they posted also a pic of a green car with BBS style rims painted with green coat!

It's happening!!!!
Yep this is it..welcome back customizations to need for speed! :) =D>
DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DMNBT »

Yeah, at this point I'd be very surprised if it isn't either an Underground reboot or Underground 3, with all that the name implies. I just hope the driving model is up to par, I don't want a repeat of Rivals OR Underground 2's driving models.
anel93
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anel93 »

Guess i have to boycott NFS THIS YEAR...so tired of people demanding underground when the reason it existed was because of fast and furious... NFS died for me after HP2 in 2002...
DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DMNBT »

Well, the Fast & Furious franchise is still alive with the 7th movie released not too long ago, and in the current game climate where everyone shouts to the winds their customization options, it was kind of off that there was no NFS with extensive customization. Besides, grievances I have with UG2 aside, the Underground games really had such a distinct atmosphere that it hasn't been replicated in other racing games since then.

EDIT: The german PSBlog jumped the gun, promises full customization and showed images of a Mustang with neon lights in addition to the Porsche with green rims. Yeah, it's Underground.

EDIT2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZ5nchDm6o
DJBIDOUILE
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by DJBIDOUILE »

still waiting!
Le moteur est le cœur d'une voiture, mais le pilote
est son âme
Redline2015
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Redline2015 »

Official name of next NFS has been leaked.
nfsunderground.png
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Am i not reading correctly but are people pissed off because underground is finally back whether is a hybrid of it or a mixture or a reboot it is clearly happening..wait till June 15 they gonna show you customization game play that's what they said on the PlayStation blog, I'm not from the underground era i grew up playing the classics but i love most wanted 2005 outta of the underground era.But for once I'm glad that a high ranking publisher its listening to the gamers..lets support this =D> even tho they gonna shoved a 20 to 40 dollars season pass down the line..I'm glad they are listening..they specifically said all we saw on forums pages was bring customization back and they are happy and excited to show the fans...looking forward to the 15th and honestly i don't believe those are in game graphics that's a set trailer with ultra enhancements..reminds me of watch dogs in a way.. i not falling for that trap again any who looking forward to the actual game play.
DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DMNBT »

I'd actually believe that's ingame, as those graphics aren't better than something like Driveclub or Forza 5. However, notice it said "in-game", NOT "gameplay"; when you have the raw engine and don't have to worry about things like AI and game logic, you can certainly do graphically marvelous things.
Demon_Slayer723
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Demon_Slayer723 »

Oh my god I think I like it. I still hope there are at least a few supercars and isn't just filled with a crap tonne of tuners, I mean com'on, it needs at least one Lamborghini. It is of course inspired by the Underground games, so at least a whole lot of people should be satisfied and as Phantom Pain said, at least Ghost appear to be listening to the "fans"-by which I mean the people who have been screaming at EA in comments and on forums to make s new Underground style of game (who knows what other games in the series they have played).
It's sad to see that Criterion, despite making two great games (although they may not have deserved to use the titles of HP and MW), have basically been diminished because they didn't tap into the quite obvious Underground market. Criterion made the game they wanted to, and not what others wanted them to make, and that's how it ended for them.

I do question Ghosts' decision to reboot the series. It sounds more like a marketing ploy of "Hey, look at us, we're going back to our Underground 'roots'." I mean com'on, it's a racing game, it's not like the whole series has a storyline that connects together. When I think of a reboot, I think of rebooting a particular story and setting, eg; you could say you're rebooting Most Wanted, taking place back in Rockport, following the players rise amongst the blacklist. This is not a reboot, it's just a new game.

Anyway, I'm glad that Ghost decided to wait a year before release-it actually seems like they care about the game and what consumers want. I'm sure there will always be complaints, no matter what EA does with the series, but in the end, so far the game looks great. It has an LA-inspired world, great lighting effects (although I do wish there was a day/night cycle), the weather/water effects look amazing too, they have customisation on cars (which I'm sure a lot of fans are happy to see), from what we can tell the physics are decent and overall the graphics are amazing (although then again, it probably won't look quite the same on release). Can't wait to see what they have to show us at E3!
Redline2015
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Redline2015 »

New information has been leaked.

There are five ways to play: Style, Crew, Outlaw, Build and Speed. You can carve your own unique way, via multiple overlapping stories. You will also earn reputation during the campaign. The extensive visual and performance customisation enables you to build that car that reflects you character. The city will be "Ventura Bay" and you can explore its downtown and harbour. You can also visit the canyons next to Ventura Bay.
Demon_Slayer723
Ricer
Ricer

Redline2015 wrote:New information has been leaked.

There are five ways to play: Style, Crew, Outlaw, Build and Speed. You can carve your own unique way, via multiple overlapping stories. You will also earn reputation during the campaign. The extensive visual and performance customisation enables you to build that car that reflects you character. The city will be "Ventura Bay" and you can explore its downtown and harbour. You can also visit the canyons next to Ventura Bay.
Sure, sure, we believe you. :roll:
Seriously though, next time when you "leak information" get yourself a source, and actually make it believable. Not to mention your terribly fake logo with the supposed title-fun fact, it's wrong. If you legitimately found this information from some random guy online, claiming that this shiznit is fake, I feel sorry for your stupid brain, or rather lack of one. Goodbye.
Redline2015
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Redline2015 »

Look at the description.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/need-for-spe ... atGroupId=

Satisfied?
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Demon_Slayer723 wrote:Oh my god I think I like it. I still hope there are at least a few supercars and isn't just filled with a crap tonne of tuners, I mean com'on, it needs at least one Lamborghini. It is of course inspired by the Underground games, so at least a whole lot of people should be satisfied and as Phantom Pain said, at least Ghost appear to be listening to the "fans"-by which I mean the people who have been screaming at EA in comments and on forums to make s new Underground style of game (who knows what other games in the series they have played).
It's sad to see that Criterion, despite making two great games (although they may not have deserved to use the titles of HP and MW), have basically been diminished because they didn't tap into the quite obvious Underground market. Criterion made the game they wanted to, and not what others wanted them to make, and that's how it ended for them.

I do question Ghosts' decision to reboot the series. It sounds more like a marketing ploy of "Hey, look at us, we're going back to our Underground 'roots'." I mean com'on, it's a racing game, it's not like the whole series has a storyline that connects together. When I think of a reboot, I think of rebooting a particular story and setting, eg; you could say you're rebooting Most Wanted, taking place back in Rockport, following the players rise amongst the blacklist. This is not a reboot, it's just a new game.

Anyway, I'm glad that Ghost decided to wait a year before release-it actually seems like they care about the game and what consumers want. I'm sure there will always be complaints, no matter what EA does with the series, but in the end, so far the game looks great. It has an LA-inspired world, great lighting effects (although I do wish there was a day/night cycle), the weather/water effects look amazing too, they have customization on cars (which I'm sure a lot of fans are happy to see), from what we can tell the physics are decent and overall the graphics are amazing (although then again, it probably won't look quite the same on release). Can't wait to see what they have to show us at E3!
You know what demon about the marketing ploy i definitely agree with you but i also think is ghost games trying to connect with the core underground fans because lets face it they are the most vocal when it comes to the series and there are more of them then classic 90's era need for speed.off course EA being a money hungry publisher knows this is the time to tap in..but not mostly in terms of the culture but going after the hungry audience and ultimately hitting the numbers $$$$$. so based on a gamespot interview or an article this game has a day to night cycle, but off course this carefully planned so they gonna scream nocturnal street racing because is basically street racing and it takes place mostly at night.

also about the cars since speed hunters is involved well no limits has speed hunters involved too so i seen Ferrari in that game being customized and mclarens so yeah I'm pretty sure we gonna see exotics is part of need for speed and they were in most wanted and this game also borrow elements from most wanted also in the interview the guy slips and said this game takes place in the real world as in real ... i seen California licence plates , could it be this is the first need for speed to take place in a real world location?
Demon_Slayer723
Ricer
Ricer

Thank you, Redline. It gets kinda frustrating having supposed "leaked information" thrown around with no source so you have no idea what to believe and what not to believe. Which then, in turn can lead to false expectations of whats in the game, over hyping it, ending in disappointed/angry fans. If true, I find the whole five ways to play thing interesting, I assuming it will work like an XP system. The outlaw way to play sounds like it's right up my alley with cop action. The Nuild way to play sounds customisation focused, I assume it would be like Underground with your car ranked with "style points" or whatever it was (hopefully not shoved down our throats). I wonder if the Crew way to play is going to be multiplayer focused (like The Crew, again hopefully not shoved down our throats, because I could never connect to friends in The Crew, I mean com'on, you can't even join a crew, which is stated in the title of the game), or if it will be like NFS: Carbon, with this whole gang style of thing (which I wasn't really into). Speed Style I imagine doing drifts, driving into oncoming traffic, that sort of stuff to earn points.

I really hope the day/night cycle is true, kinda missed that gamespot article, so my bad. I really enjoyed the original Most Wanted arguably one of my favourites that I played in the series, with the whole day time setting. I wonder how the gameplay will change between night and day, if races are forced to be played during a particular time of day/night, or if you can enter them at any time. I saw that screenshot too, with the California licence plate, and that correlates with the world being named Ventura Bay, because surprise surprise, Ventura is north of LA.

Ultimately, I hope Need For Speed is a success, the more revenue they generate, the more improvements and features will be added to the series, the better it should get.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Soo far the game sounds like the marriage between underground and most wanted..but based on that interview on gamespot Marcus producer of the game said that Alldrive is back :? and me and all drive dint get along ,no only me but many fans were frustrated with that feature would off prefer rivals to have a lobby system like hot pursuit 2010..it was annoying trying to race with my friends and you couldn't even pause the game and it was constantly crashing (the crew..ect) :x
Demon_Slayer723
Ricer
Ricer

Yeah, I definitely want singleplayer and multiplayer to be a separate side option
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Thanks for sharing that information Redline but for future reference, always include a source when you post things. Thanks for posting it later on, but you can see how without accrediting information people don't believe you and thing start getting ugly.

It all seems like great news - looks like they're going to really let people play the way they want to play. The main two points of interest are 'Build' and 'Crew'.

The former suggests they're going to incorporate and actively encourage customization and/or car collecting. I doubt it will be something as forward as the 'Visual Rating' in UG2 (because more isn't always better and encouraged people to add parts to boost their rating rather than design their cars how they liked them), so it'll be interesting to see how they go about that.

As for 'Crew', that definitely points to a co-op/online element they haven't talked about yet. Again, hard to judge how this will work because we have no details as of yet, but the way it's described it definitely sounds like an optional part of the experience.

The canyons are also very interesting - an obvious nod to Carbon, but will they work in the same way? It's encouraging to see they're exploring variety in the map within an urban setting though.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Looks like an NFS I can finally get on board with. Shift 2 was the last one I liked but wasn't really NFS. Before that I think the one I enjoyed was Pro Street, even with it's wonky handling and rather poor performance/stability.

Hopefully it's going to encompass the entire spectrum. The cars certainly suggest that (1980's Porsche with mods in vid :O ) and the noises coming from EA are sounding pleasant. Hopefully the MP will be robust enough to cope with PC requirements, not just some tacked on autolobby crap that consoles keep pushing on PC players...

Speedhunters Noriyaro has a few things to add :)

http://noriyaro.com/2015/05/it-has-what ... -rebooted/
Redline2015
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Redline2015 »

Leaked information has been confirmed inofficially: http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/28/need-fo ... one-store/

Return to “Need for Speed 2015”