Balancing Drift Cars

2003 Need for Speed Underground
dreadxx9
Ricer
Ricer

Balancing Drift Cars

Post by dreadxx9 »

Hi plz can some 1 tell me the ingrediants to balancing the perfect drift car thnx
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

To get max points in a car for drift...

Find the best driver for it.

Tadaa, solved.
flyby
Drift King
Drift King

Post by flyby »

and that would be you? ;)
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Simple solution is like they said above, start with a good driver, but you won't get anywhere with a high powered machine for starters...
Let me give you a simple hint: "Turbo power, a welcome aid on the straightaways, but disturbs handling in the corners. It is like a double edged sword."

Keep that in mind when tuning your car, also note that tire choice is relevant, higher level tires is not just as good as stock ones, could be, but not allways...
Experiment with different settings and find a tune which fits you.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

My next drift car will be the Miata with Drivetrain, ECU, and Weight Reduction TJ mods ... I'll let you know how it goes ...

Currently, I have Drivetrain, Tires, and Suspension and I can do just under 1.7 million (Track 6, 10 laps) ... The tires sometimes grip a little too much, which I don't like (if you go to slow around a corner, you have to shift down; if you turn too suddenly, you risk hitting a wall.) and the suspension didn't appear to make much of a difference :( Drivetrain is definitely the best TJ upgrade for every situation, IMO
VPNeverLoser
Drift King
Drift King

Post by VPNeverLoser »

Integra is the best car IMO. You should have all lev 3 parts except for tires that should be stock and ECU that should be lev 1 :wink:
the uniques you should have:
-Engine
-Turbo
-ECU
Im telling you, give it a try. I have really high score in drifting like 3.2 mil single on t6 :wink:
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

FF is a bit hard to control, could be me getting rusty on the drift track lately, but I do have some old never fail combo's.
TJ suspension does matter on the RX-7, allows you to override the steering lock due to the 50 / 50 weight distrubition (Damn, forgot spelling)

The result is that you can reach a lot higher angles in drifts and still remain in control, that means higher score, but also makes it easier to overdrift (Turn too hard and go above 90 degree's causing the car to flip direction and the score counter stops but you still skid)
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Well, I tried the Miata w/ Weight Reduction, ECU, and Drivetrain and ...

1) I found it much easier to get big drifts
2) My overall scores dropped :(

I didn't appear to be going as fast through the drifts, so I'm guessing that's where the tires helped.

Next project, Drivetrain, Weight Reduction, and Tires ...

Return to “Underground”