The RX7

2003 Need for Speed Underground
orvnahum_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by orvnahum_ »

wowirace wrote:i know that for a fact, the lancer sux! it may look like it has great acceleration, but on thestreet, it can't keep up.
Tell that to my 500K rep Lancer.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

The lancer doesn't suck and most people think that the Integra suck aswell. But i got a 1000000 rep on it with sprint and about the same with circuit. You can get rep easy when some one with huge rep make a mistake and pas him sometimes your rep increases with 30k to 60k a victory
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

LoTuX wrote:There are guys that make 37 in atlantica without NOS offline. The 36 lap probably is when he used the NOS. The 38 are just normal ones.
"normal ones" lol, but I see ur point. Gave it some practice and a 38 is not impossible, but I have to use some nitro to get there... But I've raced guys like Machinna and Schalkepower online. They can do 10 laps straight, all 37/38! Atl has a difficult 1st corner, imo, don't know how to exactly take it to have the highest exit speed. I'm satisfied w/ 250 km/h but some ppl just overtake me on that point...
Dragon-of-Rune wrote:most people think that the Integra suck aswell.

Uuuhm, always give it ur best when u race Integra's or RSX-es cuz they can be soooooo fast, got my ass whooped by them just too many times :s
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I have no problem with Integra's, maybe I have never met them, what I got a problem with on Atlantica is Skylines with ramming drivers.
People who takes the lead from the start and if passed or attempting pass they crash you out on purpose.

But like my bio on redsuns.net says, I give retaliation with the same technique.
I don't fear Integra's on drag though, I tried driving one myself, but I push it too hard "BLOWN ENGINE!"
I met an RSX once but that was nothing, I outran it and disappeared and never saw it again, maybe the driver was low skilled, I don't know, I was pushing myself to the limit too, to keep up with Kaerar's Pug 206.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Sweeper wrote:... I outran it and disappeared and never saw it again...
Read that a lot from other ppl, outrunning someone. I never do that, is it a good technique? I mean, do u just fire all ur nitro in the first couple of laps to build up a gap b/t u and the other drivers orso? I always save my nitro till the last couple of laps...?
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

[quote="Bauke777]
Dragon-of-Rune wrote:most people think that the Integra suck aswell.

Uuuhm, always give it ur best when u race Integra's or RSX-es cuz they can be soooooo fast, got my ass whooped by them just too many times :s[/quote]

Maybe i was one off those i always drive with the Integra online and i whoop most people's asses.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Dragon-of-Rune wrote:Maybe i was one off those i always drive with the Integra online and i whoop most people's asses.
lol

Cool, maybe we raced online. What name do u use online? I mostly use the names 'ffChecken' (practice w/ RX7), 'StinkRX7' (online RX7) or Bauke777 (Focus). I race almost every night around 22:00/23:00 hrs (GMT+1, onze tijd zegmaar)...
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

I don't know wich nickname i have used i have one for circuit one for drag one for sprint and a overall one where i do everything.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Bauke777 wrote:
Sweeper wrote:... I outran it and disappeared and never saw it again...
Read that a lot from other ppl, outrunning someone. I never do that, is it a good technique? I mean, do u just fire all ur nitro in the first couple of laps to build up a gap b/t u and the other drivers orso? I always save my nitro till the last couple of laps...?
When I outrun them I do not use NOS, I mostly use some nitrous to burn of on the starting line, then I save the rest of it for the finish line sprint, thats why people allways ask how I get my RX7 up to a top speed of 360 KPH on Atlantica.
But I outran that RSX running on nothing but my turbo power and cornering technique.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Sweeper wrote:When I outrun them I do not use NOS, I mostly use some nitrous to burn of on the starting line, then I save the rest of it for the finish line sprint, thats why people allways ask how I get my RX7 up to a top speed of 360 KPH on Atlantica.
But I outran that RSX running on nothing but my turbo power and cornering technique.
Wow, 360 in Atlantica is really fast, final sprint must mean all nitro last few meters b4 u enter the channel... U driving manual or auto?
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Bauke777 wrote:
Sweeper wrote:When I outrun them I do not use NOS, I mostly use some nitrous to burn of on the starting line, then I save the rest of it for the finish line sprint, thats why people allways ask how I get my RX7 up to a top speed of 360 KPH on Atlantica.
Wow, 360 in Atlantica is really fast, final sprint must mean all nitro last few meters b4 u enter the channel... U driving manual or auto?
Manual, my sig says control lies in the manual gearbox I think?
Well, I can't handle auto anymore, I tried once but I lost car control completly.
And yes, before the channel I start the burn, it must be timed however, as the car understeers when running full nitro.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Hm, I really need to practice the manual gearbox some more. Tried for a couple of days but I still suk at it. Can't even come close to my laptimes driving the automatic gearbox. Must be doing something wrong... Maybe I just have to try harder, still 2/3 secs away from my old laptimes :?
orvnahum_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by orvnahum_ »

I use manual for everything except Drifting, haven't practiced enough on it.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Takes a while to get used to it, also stretch the gears as far as you can into the redline.
then shift, you will have to keep on doing it until you can do it in your sleep.
After a while, drifting manual will be easy.
I still need some more practice, it happens I downshift while drifting from 1st.... because I think I am in 2nd :roll:
So then I start to wonder: "WHY DOESN'T THE CAR MOVE WITH THE ACCELERATOR FLOORED?"

Then I look at the gearbox and I get mad at myself.
dreadxx9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dreadxx9 »

Sweeper can u send me the upgrades u use on ur rx7 for drifting i cant really do balancing im shiznit at it
flyby
Drift King
Drift King

Post by flyby »

yes, more english peeps. :)
alrite mate? ;)
dreadxx9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dreadxx9 »

your im fine
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

keep on topic guys....this is not the... he are you from the UK also topic...

so....

STAY on topic !!

-TheStig
dreadxx9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dreadxx9 »

omg he was only askin if we where from uk u should check the whole topic it all more or less is off topic apart from 1st page
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

why do you think that is cause GUYS LIKE YOU are going offtopic!
flyby
Drift King
Drift King

Post by flyby »

yea, all good. ;)

@ the stig: hey, everyone does it once in a while ;)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I know but try to keep it to a minimal... for that stuff we have PM's :wink:
flyby
Drift King
Drift King

Post by flyby »

ok, no problem. ;)
dreadxx9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dreadxx9 »

man i started this topic and have only posted on it bout 4 times including now it started off bout how to handle the rx7 then went on to which is the best car then onto how to firetruck drift and how to balance a drift car in upgrades
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Sweeper wrote:Takes a while to get used to it, also stretch the gears as far as you can into the redline.
then shift, you will have to keep on doing it until you can do it in your sleep.
Been practicing all weekend, but it is really hard! I noticed that the engine doesn't blow when the revs go all the way into the red ;) Also noticed there's no need to go to 6th when u can get the same speed in 5th...

But I lose a lot of time on the start and when I need to downshift. Once I get it rolling it is allright, but I can't get that advantage of taking corners by downshifting just yet. I feel like quiting...
Sweeper wrote:After a while, drifting manual will be easy.
:cry: boo-oo-ooh

(but I'll give it a try again tonight ;))

Return to “Underground”