Why does the Supra handle like crap???

2003 Need for Speed Underground
Fredstar
Ricer
Ricer

Why does the Supra handle like crap???

Post by Fredstar »

Alrighty, before Grez starts to chew me out for saying this about Supras, I would like u to know this only applies to the in-game Supra!!!

I have completed NFSU and its at the stage now where im testing all the cars, everything from Golf to Focus, Triburons etc... But why on earth does the Supra handle like crap??? ive tried every lvl3 combination, it still handles like a granny car, nothing like the Skyline or RX7... any ideas?!?!?
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Supra normally oversteers not understeer.
So it is a design flaw, or a flaw in the physics based on weight, cause Supra's does weight more than the RX-7.
Crash and drift and delicate brake control makes it easier, but far from perfect when it comes to controlling this car.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I use that car for Drag racing sometimes... It's not bad! But can't be as fast as the RX-7... :P
Fredstar
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Fredstar »

Suppose it could be the weight, but the thing is it really really understeers, and doesn't go that fast in the first place, im gonna experiment with stock engine and turbo etc and just keep lvl3 tires and suspension to see how that goes, also trimming down all bodykits...
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

@ Fredstar: Image
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Well, try throwing it into the wall on the opposite side of the direction the corner takes.
example, if the corner is a left hand 90 degree throw it into the right wall before the corner starts, then quickly turn into the left hand corner, your car should now be sliding from the shock of hitting the wall and throw it into a oversteer.
That should make it easier to take the corner, but you got to hit the wall at the right moment.
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

The supra isn't that bad maybe you should just work on your driving skills. I completed a profile with it a while back and it was perfectly fine, you just have to know how to use the car in it's best possible manner. Not all the cars are just accelerator on the floor and slam the steering left or right when you happen to turn, some you actually ahve to ease up on the gas, downshift, use the brake, etc. Maybe this just comes from driving in real life, and being able to get the best out of all cars I drive.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Well Sp3ak, it seems you have found a good braking technique, but still it is harder to drive than other cars like the RX-7, it isn't like that you can match the speed of a RX-7 online I mean, keeping the same pace through the corners.

Still I consider the Supra a fun car to drive, maybe because I have to slide it and it slides more easy than any other car when racing it and that thrills me.
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

If you want to use something different to keep up with an RX7 then use the Integra. It won't keep up with it on tep-end in a drag race but the Integra is a killer at circuit and sprint.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

I think youre all looking far too much into this. Its a game, and as such, its not very realistic. Weight, traction, oversteer, dont really mean anything in NFSU, its not that complex. :)
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Sp3aK wrote:If you want to use something different to keep up with an RX7 then use the Integra. It won't keep up with it on tep-end in a drag race but the Integra is a killer at circuit and sprint.
I've found the Integra to be much quicker than the RX-7 on courses with jumps and dirt ... A little slower on most courses ...

Those are the top 2 sprint/circuit cars in my experience ...
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:I think youre all looking far too much into this. Its a game, and as such, its not very realistic. Weight, traction, oversteer, dont really mean anything in NFSU, its not that complex. :)
You sure Grez? I know that in other games, take Freelancer which is not a racing game, but I am going to describe how the physics system works.

Strangely enough, if you add weight to it in the simulation, handling suffers quite a lot so if they used a simplified system in NFSU that relates to this? I dunno what caused it, it is just my theory at the moment.

I have also tried the Integra, but it starts its turns way too sharp, I slam into the wall before the corner...
Guess that is me and FF cars, never really been good with them, I can only handle a FR properly and 4WD.

Return to “Underground”