Car Specs - Help!

2003 Need for Speed Underground
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Car Specs - Help!

Post by influx »

How do I get 100% Acceleration, Top Speed & Handling?

I have about 97% Acceleration, 100% Top Speed, and about 75-80% Handling.

I use Skyline.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Image Hi and welcome!

In case you haven't realise, everything 100% means you're intending to cheat, and cheaters are not tolerated here. Image
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

Oh, did not know that, I thought for a second there was a legit way.
Sorry I'm new to underground, finished it 2 nights ago, only got it 5 days ago.

--

Thank you for the welcome however, I was hoping how to attach an image from my computer here (not from a website) ?
Last edited by influx on 11 Oct 2004, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

WOW!!! You're a fast player! The game came out last year, and this year, it'll be NFSU2. Might wanna check it out! Image

If you wanna attach files, just click on Add Attachment below. Image
Last edited by Andre_online on 11 Oct 2004, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

Yeah, I heard about NFSU2, hoping to get it straight away :).

Also since 100% is not legit, can I please get a screenshot of the Specs preferably a Skyline which has the highest amount of top speed/acceleration/handling possible? And how that is possible.
I'd like to compare it with mine and see how to improve, online I have noticed other Skylines a lot higher specs.

It doesn't let me attach files in this forum, it says that bottom right hand corner.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Hmmm well, while waiting for NFSU 2, you should race in the Underground, creating profiles.
Well, to get higher specs, aim for some other TJ upgrades.
Turbo is nice on the Skyline, then ECU.
Engine also is a nice thing but the Skyline needs a bit better suspension.

But no need to work on the car for most of your time, try perfecting your technique and you can cheat a little, such as getting a Skyline as your starter car, which is very much fun in. (Offline cheating using a savegame editor to get a 100% stock Skyline)
Mainly because the stock Skyline slides so easy around corners that it really exites me.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

For drag:
ECU, Turbo, Engine gives you up to 360-70 km/h on any car you want(with proper shifting).
For cuircuit: same but i would suggested tires or brakes upgrade too to improve handling.

Using a NOS TJ upgrade is kinda bad idea i think...it gives good boost but when yr NOS bottle is empty those with turbo upgrade can easily catch up....since they got their power all the way they go
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I used a TJ NOS upgrade on my car, perfect for drags, work on the Nitrous technique, and you can easily go faster.
I mainly save my bottle for the end when I drive on circuit, for the finish line sprint, so then I put down amazing track speed records and people ask what I did.

I put down speeds of 360 KPH on Atlantica near the finish.
Brakes is not a upgrade I choose from TJ, suspension and tires over that, I drive manual so if I need to brake fast, I rely on the engine brake by downshifting.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

well i got 3 profiles.
One with classic setting ECU, Turbo, Engine
Second is with NOS upgrade and third for ultimate handling....

btw i use my NOS from 1st gear on start since i drive on Eclipse its very helpfull to loose some unwanted RX-7 on start
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Abrams wrote:well i got 3 profiles.
One with classic setting ECU, Turbo, Engine
Second is with NOS upgrade and third for ultimate handling....

btw i use my NOS from 1st gear on start since i drive on Eclipse its very helpfull to loose some unwanted RX-7 on start
Just lookout for 7's with the trannie upgrade, they experience little wheelspin so they launch like mad, one on our team has set his 7 up for launch and we can't catch him!

Until the corners start... Then we are there as we are better at cornering work.
I sometimes burn NOS on my 7 since I don't have TJ drivetrain on my 7, I just NOS on the end when I start gaining traction to get higher speed and RPM's.
But that only uses 5% of my nitrous, the rest I save for the finish.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Hmm......should try that launch setting
works on Eclipse btw?
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Abrams wrote:Hmm......should try that launch setting
works on Eclipse btw?
If the Eclipse is bugged with a lot of wheelspin, it will work.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Eclipse bugged with its "startup curve" i often called an "dirty racer" for that.....cuz when i start on drag i often hit any of opponents and they crash right into wall or something like that
Jaka
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jaka »

tranny, eng and Nos -> perfect for drag. 8)

oh and specs meters mean almost nothing -< rx-7 can smoke a skyline, even if it has bars less full than the skyline. :)
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Abrams wrote:Eclipse bugged with its "startup curve" i often called an "dirty racer" for that.....cuz when i start on drag i often hit any of opponents and they crash right into wall or something like that
Like the Skylines that launches sideways, one of the problems with the Eclipse is that it doesn't accelerate enough, even with NOS to top speed, so you rarely get to use its full speed potential (It is the car with the highest top end speed in NFSU, widest gearing...)
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

I use Unique upgrades : Engine, ECU & NOS. I heard that in order for your bars to be up more, you have to use Drivetrain instead of ECU.
Is this true?

Also I only once got 18.48 on drag with my Skyline, might have been lag or something but not sure, other than that my highest was 20.47 on Skyline, I find it much easier than RX-7, everyone gets 19 secs all the time with RX-7 but I still don't know how, once I even had perfect shifts with NOS from the start yet still was like 21.11 - What's the secret to 19 seconds all the time with RX-7?
Last edited by influx on 17 Oct 2004, 04:29, edited 1 time in total.
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

ok let me tell u guys the secret.... engine, tranny/drivetrain, nos are the best unique combo combination for any car in the game when it comes to drag racing in the PC version that is.... i would post my pics, but since i can't anymore for some reason... ill just list it...

My best OFFLINE TIMES (thus no lag and no drafting; on 14th forward)

rx7- 18.69 (i only know 2 ppl in the world who have faster legit times- ilikecrayon(18.59) and skroting(18.57 i think)
s2000-19.3s something (i know ppl who run 18.9s with this car)
supra-19.54
350z-19.71
rsx-19.7s
focus-19.7s
miata-19.8s
civic-19.90
skyline-19.97
tiburon-high 19s

*EDIT* how come we cant post attachments?
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

So how did I get 18.48 then?

And do I have to start all over again to change my Unique from ECU to Drivetrain?

Current uniques: Engine, ECU, NOS.

Teach me the style of the way to use an RX-7 on drag as well please, like do you on PC version hold down forward while its counting 3-2-1 down? And do you NOS straight away (tapping or holding it down)?
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

18.48 is lag.... most definitely... but what u try to get a perfect shift for the start, tap nos starting from second... and u can simply just download a parts swapper from this site in the utilities section so u can change ur tj unique parts to engine, drive, nos.... skroting actually has a really good video of him running 18.59 or something, and u can go to UMP for that
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

That would be extremely helpful! Can you please link me to the video?
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

http://movies.nfsunlimited.net/pafiledb ... ile&id=100

there u go... mine and his techniques are very similar :wink:
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

Thank you very much :) oh and please look at a few of my cars in showroom :P
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

Great movie! I hope to practise that technique now, Skroting got 18.53 secs and used Transmission, ECU, NOS.

Should I use that combo too for best performance? - Drag

Edit: Wow, I used to struggle with RX-7 about getting 21 seconds... Now thanks to that movie I kept getting under 21 seconds all the time, as I practised I set a new record for myself - 20.40, after changing Engine to Transmission with TJ PartSwapper I instantly got a new record of 20.27, then the following time 20.09... I can't believe this, thank you so much.

Edit #2: Omg... 19.31 now.

If Engine, Tranny, NOS are the best combo for drag, then why did Skroting use ECU instead of Engine? -_-
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

engine, turbo, and ecu all perform similarly.... so whichever does not really matter :)

Return to “Underground”