The Best Engine Sound for NFSU

2003 Need for Speed Underground
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

The Best Engine Sound for NFSU

Post by Skyline_man »

Well, just while we are waiting for NFSU2 and its wonderful engine sounds, i thought i can make this topic for disscussing how to make the best engine sound in NFSU.
i think the best for a 350Z is all lvl 2 performance upgrades, dont install lvl 3 performance upgrades, and make sure that the lvl 2 turbo is (turbonetics), that made the best engine sound i heared for the 350Z, so if anybody figured out how to make other car's engine sounds share it here :wink:
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

I thought they were all the same..:?
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

yeah, me too... :?
and more, when you have stokc cars, there are only 3 different sounds for the car....this is so unreal.... :?
AngelSiN
Drift King
Drift King

Post by AngelSiN »

Yea,and,you guys know for the cool turbo sound when shifting?I can hear it just in drag tutorial,nothing hears when i'm shifting...
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I strongly doubt that the sound depends on the turbo brand :D (so turbonetics = hks = all of them)

BTW I like the sound of the 350z/RX7 with everything in level 3. The first time I raced a drag using a RX7 I shocked :shock: wow!
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

yeah, the RX-7 has a really cool sound, I love it
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

am i the only one that likes the sound of a skyline here?? cause i like low car sounds, and rx7 is high, and the skyline is the lowest out of every car ni the game i think. dont get me wrong, i do like the RX7 sound but i think the skyline sounds the best IMO
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I like the sound of the Hyundai's lvl 1 turbo kit... you can really well hear the BOV there... to bad it is gone with lvl2 and 3

but on cars itself... the skyline is nice and the RX-7 well sounds rather high for me...
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

Yeah I like the sound of a Skyline the most as well.
BiGBrOwNPimpsta
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BiGBrOwNPimpsta »

in real life the g35 has the sexiest sound, the 350z is almost the same but more of a rumble which feels more agressive. also the 911 has a sick sound too
orvnahum_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by orvnahum_ »

I think I can safely say I'm the only one who likes the Impreza/Supra sounds? :P
Picknicker
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Picknicker »

in real life, the sound of a 350z rockz!!! Generally i love the sound of V engines...
The BMW M3 with an "Eisenmann" exhaustsys sounds sweet 2...

But in NFSU, all cars kinda sounded veeery equal (all stocks, all lvl1s ect)! That was a little bit disappointing hearing the same sound at every car...
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

no orvnahum, i too love the supra sound.... i love when u get back from playing online mode back to that main screen, the car drives by with that rumble... i love the supra :) i think everyone knows that ie i have a site for it lolol
VPNeverLoser
Drift King
Drift King

Post by VPNeverLoser »

what i like about NFSU 2 sound so far is that the BOV sounds sweet but for the engine sound or the exausts sound, you have got to get SRS 8) it has the BEST ever exhausts sounds in that game, its so real :wink:
Picknicker
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Picknicker »

Honestly, I don't really hear a difference between the cars... There are no differences between v8 and row6cylinder... imho a big miss! That should be fixed in nfsu2... Cuz all cars sounded veery similar!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

^Sparco^ wrote:I strongly doubt that the sound depends on the turbo brand :D (so turbonetics = hks = all of them)

BTW I like the sound of the 350z/RX7 with everything in level 3. The first time I raced a drag using a RX7 I shocked :shock: wow!
man, level 3 350Z's sound is nothing, level 2 is much better, try my setup and hear the diffrence.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I often degrade my RX-7's engine to level 2...
It has the sweetest sound... You can't get enough of it.
jobo9
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jobo9 »

the sound of the RX-7 reminds me of the annoying bug i killed last night, lying in bed!

Skyline's sound is cool :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Picknicker wrote:Honestly, I don't really hear a difference between the cars... There are no differences between v8 and row6cylinder... imho a big miss! That should be fixed in nfsu2... Cuz all cars sounded veery similar!
that is cause there are not V8's in NFS U1
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

The sound of 350z and RX7 in level 3 is the same. But the RX7 one is higher (more RPM)
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

nd when u shift gears, it sounds cool but should be much louder like in the videos for nfsu2, or maybe a bit louder than that.
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

The rx-7 sounds cool, like a agressive purr when u crawl off then this evolves into a rough growl at high speeds similar to the supra(both at max lvl performance upgrades)as for turbo blow-off u should turn down the music and turn up the car volume to hear this better, it sound good, just ease up and when u shift gears, it sounds cool but should be much louder like in the videos for nfsu2, or maybe a bit louder than that.
Dr-CiviC
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Dr-CiviC »

i recon the Civic sounds nice with lvl 2 turbo

and the rx7 :P
chuck d2
EA
EA

Post by chuck d2 »

^Sparco^ wrote:I strongly doubt that the sound depends on the turbo brand :D (so turbonetics = hks = all of them)

Glad you liked those sounds (I assume this was NFSU2 PC demo?). We worked hard on all the cars. Lots of cars, lots of upgrades, and each sounds very distinct, very close, if not identical to the real thing. There's another tread on this site explaining a lot about them. As for the turbo's, they'll change depending on the "size" or type of turbo and the car-type on which you use it.

-charles deenen (the above is an unoffical personal post)
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

jobo9 wrote:the sound of the RX-7 reminds me of the annoying bug i killed last night, lying in bed!

Skyline's sound is cool :D
Then you should hear the 4 rotor RX-7 ;)
It sounds like a lawn mower on steroids.
4 Rotor RX-7 drag race

Well now back on topic.
Yeah, the RX-7 doesn't have a good rotary sound, but I didn't quite expect it either when the engine parts upgrade says:
"Replace pistons with High Compression pistons"
Ummmm, last time I checked it had 2 rotors, and no pistons ;)

Return to “Underground”