[Fixed it] NFSU2 Demo problem

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground.
Be sure to search first!
Jaillum Malord
Ricer
Ricer

[Fixed it] NFSU2 Demo problem

Post by Jaillum Malord »

EDIT: I solved the problem.

I downloaded the demo around the time it was released and i haven't been able to run it. When i click the shortcut it goes through the normal malaki but its slooooow. The mouse mouse moves very slowly. When we get to the EAgames video screen again it is slow and jerky. By that time i just give up and close the game using task manager. Why is it like this. I thought it was my graphics card [9800XT] so when i got the x800pro, i thought the issue would be resolved. It wasn't. I also get this in the original NFSU game - slow loading, slow video, slow mouse curser. Its doing my head in. The prospect of not playing NFSU has me in jitters and its worse with NFSU2.

I have tried changing drivers [using driver cleaner with it] as well as a clean format and instal of windows

What could the problem be.

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

Jaillum Malord
Last edited by Jaillum Malord on 05 Nov 2004, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I don't have the demo installed... But just curious, have you restarted your computer after installing it? Because it's best doing so... If you haven't, you might wanna try re-installing. After the demo is installed, restart your PC manually if they didn't prompt you to do so.

Hope that works... :)
Ixyon
Stock
Stock

Re: NFSU2 Demo problem

Post by Ixyon »

I'm in the same boat as you, man. I've tried uninstalling and fixing everything outside of SP2 and nothing has helped, leading me to believe that SP2 itself may be conflicting somehow with the game. I didn't have Underground installed when I installed SP2 or else I would have probably noticed sooner. Right now I have both Underground and the U2 demo installed and neither of them work. I vote we harass EA until they fix the problem because it's not my damn fault. :evil:
Jaillum Malord
Ricer
Ricer

Fixed problem

Post by Jaillum Malord »

The reason why i had the problem is quite simple......it was because of my gamepad. When it was connected the problems would occur. When i removed it, it was okay again. I have updated the Gamepad drivers and can now run the game ninja speed while using the gamepad. For those who are having this problem, update your gamepad drivers. I have a Thrustmaster Dual Power Force Feedback 2 gamepad. I am not sure if this is Thrustmaster own doing, or SP2 or a flaw in the game either way, update your gamepad drivers.

Return to “Help & Support”