Players' Thoughts about NFSU2

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
f360spyda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by f360spyda »

unrealistic hit.. my car looks like a super-car when it hit a traffic and throw it 100 meter away
r u kidding me? thats the most hilarious n fun part of the nfsu's lol, how could u not like hitting other cars to see how far/high u can send them? :D
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

yea. i love it when u hot the traffic sometimez and it goes into slow motion, matrix-style! itz a lot better than what happned in nfsu1. also, i thought the SUV's were supposed 2 be really fast??? what happened, EA?
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

UrQuattro wrote:Looks like we are just too old for this game to enjoy it 100%. If that's possible.
Right:

My only motivation to get the game now is to style up cars visually (if that is possible with that collection of bumpers :D) and show you in the showroom 8)
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

This is probably just me, but I have found that I tune my Audi TT the same way for all race types (except for drag). I can't really see the point in having all the different setup slots. I'd be happy with one.

Mind you, I have it set up as an oversteery monster, because this is how I like my cars to handle. Powerslidin' baby, yeah!
gofra
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gofra »

Wanna have a heavy powerslider? Tune up Miata and put some stock tires on - uffff!!
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I think TT is a very versatile car that is good on any race type. That's why I used it 90% of the time, after I got it (changing to A3 only a few times).
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

I got the TT as my second car ... and found that it gets raped by the Miata in everything but drag racing ...

Anyone else find this game WAY too easy ? I have a 94% win ratio on HARD near the end of the 4th stage ...

Wow, only 49% complete near the end of 4 of 5 stages ? That doesn't seem right ...
gofra
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gofra »

Well, you missed helluva portion of hidden races I guess - that explains your "complete" percentage.
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

alexis wrote:Also, there's too much rice in the car showroom. What were you thinking guys when you did those cars?
you need to take a look at my ae86. she's as clean as i can make. i don
MarlboroMan wrote:
MarlboroMan wrote:Engine and exhaust voice, i wonder that the rotary of RX-7(13B) sounds the same as the skyline(RB26DETT), supra(2JZ-GTE), all 3 of them sound the same for me. i think the RX-8 sounds the same too, but i like that voice.
i haven't had the chance to drive the rotaries (still haven't unlocked them), but i wouldn't be surprised if they sounded just like a piston engine. this reminds me of that movie "fast and the furious" when, during the beginning of the drag race scene, they showed the interals of a piston engine.... yet as the camera angle exitted through the exhaust, we were shown the veilside rx-7.

UrQuattro wrote:things I don't like:
shops system - drive all around to installer a friging bumper to increase 'visual style'
...ehm... visual style point system
AI

how messed up the AI was - I totally lost any motivation to even try to drive competitvely. The game doesn't reward for good driving. It rewards for crashing your opponents, wall riding and other crap I'm not up to.
i completely agree with all the points you posted. getting points for making a car tacky is one thing, but REQUIRING one to do so is another.. and yes, the AI has a severe lack of sportsmanship. the object is to drive as fast as possible thru the course without touching anything. that is the concept of racing. the AI does this very poorly.
XSVSPD
Stock
Stock

Post by XSVSPD »

i reckon the game is pretty damn good... after the first one, we arn't gonna be expecting super driving simulator, i mean the game is based for a general audience, not the hardcore tuner..

someone said that a 13 year old won't care about most of that stuff, and that is true..
a 13 year old kit doesn't have ne idea what a new set of headers do... or what chaging the camber on a car does..
they have tried to keep it basic yet with a touch of advance for someone who knows that the camber on the car does..

i mean, if they made the tuning part like a proper dyno computer, do u think ne of you would have any idea on what it is, i got my car dyno tuned about 3 weeks ago with a new wolf 3D installed... i sat there as the guy dynoed my car, and then went ahead to change my fuel maps, they are just a graph that made no sense to me lol....

it is a very good attempt at making a game for all ages... and yes the bodykits may be a little... ugh fake? but that's what a younger kids look for..

oh, and the SUV's were added in to look pimpin' and kool, anyone who paints one of those in colors except for black w/ huge chromes is in serious need of some prescribed medication lol
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

offtopic: is the new wolf3d nice? i've heard a lot about it, but i'm in the wrong country and have yet to see it in action. i've only seen some video foootage of v3, and it looks quite impressive. i heard it can handle increases of 125rpm rather than the 500rpm from version 3.
Dtox
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dtox »

^Sparco^ wrote:
UrQuattro wrote:Looks like we are just too old for this game to enjoy it 100%. If that's possible.
Right:

My only motivation to get the game now is to style up cars visually (if that is possible with that collection of bumpers :D) and show you in the showroom 8)
Yup, we're all growing, well a lot of us are growing out of the target audience, and likewise my motivation is just to put cars in the showroom :D

One thing I really don't like is how you have to rice your ride to get high visual ratings, though how else could they program it? :?: :?
GP
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GP »

in underground 2 i hate, the AI, in some tracks almost cars get crashed into the walls, the sound system for visual improvement, another time ea games doesn't get the player into the car interior to modify the driving wheel, the pedals the radio sound system, and other things, like the color in the interior, it's to bad a tuning game doenst make reference to the cockpit :? :( ............
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

Dtox wrote:One thing I really don't like is how you have to rice your ride to get high visual ratings, though how else could they program it? :?: :?
ratings should not be done by aesthetics alone, but rather the car as a whole package. i know several of us prefer a sleeper to a showcar. think of it this way... you can have a nice looking car that loses every race because it has minimal (or no) performance/suspension/drivetrain modificatiosn... or you can have a stock-looking car that win every time. which do you think gets you more respect and appreciation? aesthetics is nothing without the performance to back it up.
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

ok, in this game i eraly like sound... some new ideas are good too, but there are lots and lots of things that i dislike... this game is for 13 years old children... i got it and i'll finish it but i'll not start it again after that... i was expecting more from EA. sad but true... :(
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

alexis wrote:Also, there's too much rice in the car showroom. What were you thinking guys when you did those cars?
i agree...i like jap style....my cars are jap styles...though i put up sum rice editions of da jap cars so at least ino wot a rice car luks like =P
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I kind of hoped that the maddness and rice of NFSU1 will be history, and new showroom will have cars that are stylish and look good. Unfortunately, it's just not possible as the kids still have no idea about how cars are tuned and what style is (and yes, everyone has their own idea about it, but sadly some just don't get the difference between tacky and colorful, stylish and loud, etc). I actually feel scared that when they grow up and get real cars they'll try to model them on the rice crap from NFSU games - full of neons, vinyls, etc... And because of that, they'll get beaten up and laughed at. :cry:
AcId FoX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by AcId FoX »

There There... It helpes to get it out dosent it? :)

BTW It is possible to make a nice and realistic car too thoug ;)
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

AcId FoX wrote:There There... It helpes to get it out dosent it? :)
What are you on about! :lol:
AcId FoX wrote:BTW It is possible to make a nice and realistic car too thoug ;)
No argument against that, who says it isn't!
Juvenile_Kaos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Juvenile_Kaos »

I would just like to say that I just played it for the first time and i have been waiting for ages! I must say that the game let me down a little bit, Might have been because the friend whos game it was hasent completed it yet so i didnt see wat other features ther was but i would have expected more from this game! i really like that there is lots of parts you can put on but its all kinda the same from NFSU1 and the cars are not much diff! I would hav loved 2 see more muscle cars and some luxuray cars aswell like maybe even a ferrari or something. Maybe they could have had more new features such as racing for pink slips ( i dunno if you can or not because like i said i only played it once at a friends, IF im wrong correct me please ) and it could have maybe had some things not only to do with the racing like making your own guy that races the cars ( Im just giving sum ideas so sum are kinda weird ) . You could maybe customize the interior of the car an even the option of having no spoiler on all cars.
There should be some thing wer u can show off your car and it should be at all times even day time because i though it was real poor that the game is only at night... Umm thats really all i can think of 4 now but yeah i like the game and im deff getting it but yeah it was just a little bit of a let down!! :?
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

the fun in this game is racing towards completion.
Juvenile_Kaos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Juvenile_Kaos »

Yeah i no and dont get me wrong i love the game still! But i think EA games being big and all could have done better thats all! :wink:
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

UrQuattro wrote:I kind of hoped that the maddness and rice of NFSU1 will be history, and new showroom will have cars that are stylish and look good. Unfortunately, it's just not possible as the kids still have no idea about how cars are tuned and what style is (and yes, everyone has their own idea about it, but sadly some just don't get the difference between tacky and colorful, stylish and loud, etc). I actually feel scared that when they grow up and get real cars they'll try to model them on the rice crap from NFSU games - full of neons, vinyls, etc... And because of that, they'll get beaten up and laughed at. :cry:
excatly..they should have a seperate showroom just for stylish cars and looks good..possibly a jap style showroom and one for ricers?! but then again..i dont want little kids puting on black stuff all over their car and think that its jap style..actually..da showroom is fine..so at least i know der ARE ppl out there who knos about cars and its not jst about putin mad stuf on ur car and make it super funky and make the car look fast when its not..
they WILL get laughed at when they race their riced up cars up against the powerful cars..as in..not riced up..and then they wil realise that they been a dumbbumbum when they were ounger thinking its so cool having a riced up car...i duno..maybe its jst me thinking weird again...
Juvenile_Kaos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Juvenile_Kaos »

they should have cars like ferraris and rols royce! n all those that would b wild!!
Juvenile_Kaos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Juvenile_Kaos »

This is kinda off topic again but i was just wonderin coz i only played the game once n i dont know much about it is ther Honda civics like the 1 in ma pic below??? VVVVVVVVVVV

Return to “Underground 2”