Driving NFSU style... in real life

2003 Need for Speed Underground

Do you try to drive NFSU style in real life?

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 29

Drift King
Drift King

Driving NFSU style... in real life

Post by 909 »

Yo dudes,

don't know about you guys, but i have a *serious* problem regarding NFSU, but not related to the game...

when i drive in real life, i cannot get rid of the urge to score the "avoided accident" bonus, while i look at my car's tachometer to look at the N20 gauge (which i dont have). It's credit to the extreme reality of the NFS U2 game, and also to the numerous hours i spend on the game.

PS i also try to drift some curves using the handbreak...

What about u guys?
Voski
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Voski »

Please, see a psychiatrist.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

You got to be kidding me doing near accident driving?
HAZARDOUS! well, I have a car, but I am trying to avoid such things until I have a car that can challenge my limits.
But when I get that car, time to try it in a safe environment and certainly not in the streets.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The only nfsu symptom I have in real life is when I drive behind a car I sometimes see the Drafting sign with points raising.
That doesn't make me drive closer behind the car of course, so it's pretty harmless ;)
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

I seriously hope this is a joke ...
DaNiMpO
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DaNiMpO »

this guy is nuts!!!why do it in real life and putting other peoples lifes in dangerous???,wen you have nfsu1&2?????????
:roll:
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Bojan wrote:The only nfsu symptom I have in real life is when I drive behind a car I sometimes see the Drafting sign with points raising.
That doesn't make me drive closer behind the car of course, so it's pretty harmless ;)
Look positive upon it.
You are more likely to maintain your lane behind that car with that symptom.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

That's not necessarily a good thing. What if the driver in the car in front is drunk ;)

And this happens even if I'm not driving :)
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

well,

im not in any case suggesting that i do try to put into peril the life of others or mine...

all i said (maybe could be rephrased) is that i feel the NFSU 'feelings' while driving. I have a crabby 80 BHP car, and i can never *never* reach any racing stats... but while driving (especially after a 3 - 4 hour session on NFS U2) i feel as if i want to look sideways for the style bonuses to appear. I also wish sometimes to have that N2O button handy too, but i know its illegal and rightfully so (2 friends of mine died due to an illegal N2O canister 'testing'
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Voski wrote:Please, see a psychiatrist.
x2
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I havent got a car, but in the first times of nfsu1 I felt the sense of "near miss" with the people when walking in the street.... LOL! ppl instead of cars!!
Fortunately that weird thing dissapeared in 2days :D :D :D

Man, dont try to imitate nfsu2, sooner or later you would have an accident!!! The best solution is to leave nfsu2 game ;)
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

^Sparco^ wrote:The best solution is to leave nfsu2 game ;)
nah no way... the game is too addictive
i prefer giving up smoking :-D
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

In the real world, crashing into a barrier at 150+ would kill you. Plus, there aren't any police in Underground 2. Also, Underground is very arcadey. All of those techniques are much more difficult in real cars. You would probably slide off the road.
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

i dont want to cross-reference into other posts, but arcade is not as good as simulation, and damage in the game is non existant. If it were more realistic, it would be more of a shock while real-life driving...
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

i personnaly must say , i 'm hell on the road, just going to fill up some lazy dude was crawling down at 10mph limited 30, just couldn't bother, overtook him by the right and drove on the curve,

i also tend to drive a little sideways, but hell , if i bought a BMW what do you think its for....

o yeah, don't drive as i do , and as mi freinds do , WE ARE WANTED !!!!! wats good is here i can say all the stupiditeis i do and no bloody french cop is going to read....

a few vids available on my site....
Lucky
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lucky »

HAHAH!This is hilarious! you guys actually attempt to drift on roads with your hand brake?! Your going to flip your car retard.... Do you drag down train tracks too?How about try to street x your diveway!? Haha too funny.... Did you try to cut your doors and put them on door hinges with an exacto knife and a screw driver?Did you do your cutand foam job with the styrofoam you got from your post office into you car,and...what did you cut? :shock: ? Did you put plates in the back upsidedown to make them look like speakers? My god I could go on and on about this....
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

LOLOLOLOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man this guy is NUTS!!!! :roll:

racing on a track or somthing is fine but NFSU RACING

Who would drive on an airport runway :lol: :lol:
nfspeedr
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfspeedr »

Man, are you crazy?????? Why do you do that things in the real life????
You are risking your own life... and the other people's too....
You have to forget that thing about driving in the streets like you're playing NFSU2
You're totaly CRAZY...
Sorry...
Grimecent
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Grimecent »

my father has a place (wide open dirt road) he go's drifting its fun
Moosehead115
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Moosehead115 »

I do the occasional donut in a parking lot, drift around snowy corners in my mustang (carefully, i work up to it slowly and get to know the corner) and handbrake around in a FWD Acura, i've been known to head out to an empty highway with random shiznit-talking kids and smoking them out there, I no longer drag in town though. too dangerous.

Oh, and i'd be going to a track to drag, but the closest one is 2 and a half hours away.

/edit

According to my friends i'm one of the safest drivers they know however, this is because i dont do stupid things where i'm liable to hit anything, anyone, and i'm reluctant to do any stupidness with any passengers in the car (i usually make them get out and watch from a safe distance)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I really don't give a F*** if people risk their lives or damage their property but risking other people's lives is a whole difirent story.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

The only NFSU-stylee thing I ever did in real life was to grab some air going over a humped-back bridge in the Vauxhall Vectra company car I used to have. Completely accidentally, I hasten to add, and my underpants were brown afterwards, but luckily I only left the tarmac by a couple of inches and the car wasn't damaged.

Although I onced own a Citroen AX 954cc (45bhp) and used to draft electric milkfloats to overtake them.

And I have once or twice driven at 31mph in a 30mph zone.
Lucky
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lucky »

Ohhh a 1mph gain over the limit a fat cop wouldn't be able to see over his overlapping chin so why worry? haha ;)
AcidDog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by AcidDog »

The worste NFSU2 symptom in the world, is opening up your garage, and not having any of the twenty five babies you have in the game in your garage... then going to your local custom shop and getting a quote for turning your 1977 mustang hasbeen into a "pimped" ride, is over $100,000! LOL!!!!

the sadness is almost unbearable... lol... 8)

Return to “Underground”