Black Icons

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Black Icons

Post by Sir Ibi »

Ok, i've got this really annoying problems with my desktop icons, as you can see from the pic below that the background of the icon is black and not see-thru like it use to be.

I don't know how it happened, but i recently installed a new graphics card, NVIDIA 6800GT, installed the latest drivers, then one day i turned my PC on, and the icons were messed up.

I have WinXP, with SP2.

Can someone please help me out. Thanks.
Attachments
blackicons.jpg
(120.72 KiB) Downloaded 1098 times
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Hmm, WinXP shouldn't be like that as far as I know. That usually happens in Windows 98.
ghost_4ce
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ghost_4ce »

Here ya go m8=>
It has to be one of these:-
  • Right click on dektop, go to properties.
    Go to the Appearence tab.
    Click on the advanced button.
    Search for somthing like icons/desktop/background and change the colours to whatever you want.
    <center> ----or---- </center>
    Go to System Properites. (shortcut= windows butten+pause/break)
    Go to the Advanced Tab.
    Click on Performence settings.
    Click on "Adjust for best appearance" or find the exact thing your looking for from the list.
    click OK
Edit: Something similar happened when I installed new drivers for my poor ATI9200. But I somehow fixed it or maybe it fixed itself. Not sure, try both these options anyways.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

HOORAAY!!! Thanks a lot ghost_4ce, that really helped. I know this isn't a huge problem compared to driver failures, system error, loss of data, computer blowing up, but that black icon thing really took the f*****g weewee!!! :evil: :evil:

Well thanks again for the help, i guess one of the moderators can lock this thread or delete or whatever.... :lol:

Return to “The Hardware & Software”