European
78%

Total votes: 74

Striker94
Professional
Professional

Re: American Cars or European Cars?

Post by Striker94 »

This may be a bit late, but these days you can compare porsche with nissan; GTR vs Turbo anybody? OK, they're in completely different sectors of the market, but at least they have one or two cars in common.

And about the R36, my dad's getting one soon. The only bad thing i've read abou the TRD Aurion is the torque-steer. Having 241kw going through the front wheels isn't the best idea. I have no doubts that Toyota will somehow circumnavigate this problem, but so far they haven't done it. And beside, the R36 has AWD, a wagon version and is more of a premium car than a Aurion. Besides, in AUS they're $66,700 RRP.

And why are we barging into Aurions when Japanese cars aren't even on the poll???
oh snap
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

The GT-R may be a 911 killer, but I'd still pay the premium for a 911 Turbo, as would most people I know. The GT-R is a fine choice if you want to go around a track all day and consistantly set faster lap times, but it's not as comfortable, or as well made, or as luxurious, or as nice a place to be. The GT-R is the one you'd take for a few laps of the Nurburgring, and you'd take the 911 for day to day use.

That's how I see it anyway.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Striker94 wrote:And why are we barging into Aurions when Japanese cars aren't even on the poll???
KAMMY STARTED IT!!! *runs*
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Oh, you @$$-backwards mother...

Well, I change my mind. I'd rather a Corvette instead. Still, anything other than an overpriced exotic. Honestly, can you expect anyone to get an exotic with an economy going through a recession because OF AN UNNECESSARY AND RETARDED BAILOUT?! There's only two cars I may consider adding to my garage from Europe. Golf and R32. That's IT.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Unlimited R8
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Unlimited R8 »

I prefer a european car, to tell you the truth, i think the european cars are faster on average then an american car. Also my favorite car, the Audi R8, is european! =P~
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:Oh, you @$$-backwards mother...

Well, I change my mind. I'd rather a Corvette instead.
Hmm, which is odd. Because the US car market is collapsing around your ears, whereas the European on is holding up fairly well.

By the way, the recession was underway well before the bailout. The problem was caused by your banks lending money they couldn't afford to lend at rates they couldn't afford to keep.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

@KammyworldRacerGT4

The R32 is just a heated version of the Golf with AWD...

Anyway, in my exceptionally baised opinion America has become too bloated (in more ways than one) and over-confident. This financial crisis should bring them back to their senses...

I've just realized one thing-It's already onfair that American cars are (IMO) inferior, why does this poll compare one contry with a whole continent? Europe is the most diverse continent on earth, and you'd be hard-pressed to find a place with more ideas, traditions and talent that Europe. Therefore, It's not exactly for to place these two side to side.
oh snap
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

The Americas is a continent too. But I don't see much coming from the South ;)

Return to “The Cars”