A Revolution of Speed is coming

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

xturbo wrote:
RDC-Enemy wrote:the all-new-quad-SLI-triple-pumped-dual-power-turbocharged nVidia 9950GTXXX or it's fierce AMD/ATI counterpart: the 512-pipelined-768-shadered-96xFSAA-capable 3900XTX with DDR6

j/k hope we won't miss out on too many Fx having only DX9.0c cards.
OMG!! Imagine that kind of card :shock:
Naa but I think requirements can be near or a little bit more than carbon...maybe. :roll:
You don't need to imagine it as long as you have 2000€.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Imagine being warned for muliple off topic posts.

Calm down, the game hasnt even been announced yet. :roll:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

uh oh..who's warned??? me??
if me, damn..im sorry a lot!! :cry:

But what do you think of the annouced requirements in the magazine?
I really doubt them..
2 more days and we have the name of the next nfs :wink:
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Game name: who the hells cares? Carbon is the stupidest name ever, worse than Pro Street. Or NFS2, it doesn't even have a name, but was a great game.

requirements: either they were fake at the magazine or the game is going to be the same again, and the teaser was Computer Generated --> that needs a 320Mb 8800GTS at least, the 640Mb one if you want to play at highest resolutions (1600x1200 ; 1680x1050 or better). For further questions please visit the Hardware section.
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
RDC-Enemy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RDC-Enemy »

weedman173 wrote:Hopefully Vista is stable enough by the time this game is released so I can start utilizing DX10 on my card. Unless DirectX9.0L comes out soon, which is the equivalent of DX10 but for Windows XP.
How can I break this to you? well.. just click and read!

Sorry for the off-topic, but I just thought this would be a matter in need of clearing up.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

That website cannot be taken seriously, it is based on no factual evidence whatsoever, even the homepage states that it is the persons personal opinion. Falling Leaf Systems is still working on getting DX10 games to work with XP. I'll eventually upgrade to Vista if no progress is made with the Alky Project.

Anyways, back to the topic, they better release some good info on the 31st.
NFS_ZawyeR
Drift King
Drift King

Post by NFS_ZawyeR »

Hi Guys, im back after a long brake.

Anyways, i just fell in love with that teaser. :P It made me really excited, made me think of lot of ideas about the game ( That probably will stay in my head).

But i noticed in the of the teaser, when it blacks out afte the crash, you can hear a commentary. (Maybe not the right word, sry). Sounds interesting.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Looks like another fancy commercial for a mediocre game. Think back to the Canyon teasers with the excellent graphics in the canyons and the supposed "action" shown by the cars duelling.

Don't get me wrong though, it looks a lot better than Carbon except for the fact that they are basically turning back to the Underground 3 theme with a few extra goodies to lure kids to buy the game. And I really dislike the fact that there are only 8 exotics, which are most likely going to be cars like the Audi S4, Porsche Cayman, and Mercedes-Benz CLK 500 due to the fact that all cars will be racing in the same class again unless they do the stupid Honda Civic beats Carrera GT thing.

I really like the fact that they are done wasting their time recreating cities that are very unoriginal and boring to race in. Now I'm hoping for some really great places to race in from New York to London to Singapore. If they diversify the race tracks evenly among the globe, it will be quite a good experience. And the fact that there are 28 manufacturers is also a good thing, but it will probably be 1 - 3 cars from each.

And I believe that the featured car will be either the Audi RS4 or the Mazda RX-7 (Like the Lancer IX being featured for Carbon) and I'm hoping it's the RS4.

The magazine scans have given me a first good impression though, so I may consider buying the game.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i think i should of got the gtx instead of the 8800gts
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Porsche-AG wrote:Looks like another fancy commercial for a mediocre game. Think back to the Canyon teasers with the excellent graphics in the canyons and the supposed "action" shown by the cars duelling.

Don't get me wrong though, it looks a lot better than Carbon except for the fact that they are basically turning back to the Underground 3 theme with a few extra goodies to lure kids to buy the game. And I really dislike the fact that there are only 8 exotics, which are most likely going to be cars like the Audi S4, Porsche Cayman, and Mercedes-Benz CLK 500 due to the fact that all cars will be racing in the same class again unless they do the stupid Honda Civic beats Carrera GT thing.

I really like the fact that they are done wasting their time recreating cities that are very unoriginal and boring to race in. Now I'm hoping for some really great places to race in from New York to London to Singapore. If they diversify the race tracks evenly among the globe, it will be quite a good experience
. And the fact that there are 28 manufacturers is also a good thing, but it will probably be 1 - 3 cars from each.

And I believe that the featured car will be either the Audi RS4 or the Mazda RX-7 (Like the Lancer IX being featured for Carbon) and I'm hoping it's the RS4.

The magazine scans have given me a first good impression though, so I may consider buying the game.
Amen to that

good old days driving all around the world... but seems too many dudes prefer the single city + free roaming formula :roll:
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

At least have more than 3 cities that are different to race in...

nfs carbons free roam totally sucked

we'll have to wait till tomorrow to see what will happen
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ Fishwhiz: Those were just examples which show that they should have cities from around the WORLD and not just 80% from America and 20% from the rest of the world. There will be more than 3 cities, but I'm thinking that they would have a number of tracks from each city.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i know that, but im talking if it were a free roaming game, i know already it's a closed track, and im not sure how it will be set up, so i'll just wait until tomorrow morning
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Guess i'll have to wait for PST. :)
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

What time zone are they using anyway? My time zone is UTC -7 and I'm getting the same screen as you.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Skyline_man wrote:Image

Guess i'll have to wait for PST. :)
I presume the site uses your computer's time to calculate the countdown and if you actually change the date to tomorrow, then it displays 00:00:00. That's how it was for the GTA IV trailer countdown. I tried setting it ahead but it didn't work... :P
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

No, it says 00:00:00:00 on my end too. The time here according to my computer is 8:00 PM March 30th.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Its still 6.20 PM, May 30th in Canada though.

Gonna have to wait for a few hours. :)
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

mine dose to wonder why
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Maybe because EA is still run by idiots who don't even know how to tell time. You'd think they'd be smart enough to use their time zone which is probably somewhere in the US, and there's no way anywhere in the US is May 31st yet.
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

I get that same thing, at the time of typing this it is 8:58pm central USA
Driv2Slow
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

got 00:00:00:00 when typing at 6 or 7 pm pacific usa...gonna wait for announcement all day tomorrow
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Yesterday, 30th may @ about 11pm, the countdown timer on mine said 1 Day, 5 hours, that means 29 hours. But today @ 8am, it says 0 days 0 hours.

Also, here's some final bit of rumour/info: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfis ... o&lp=it_en
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I'm still waiting..
Here's 0:45 AM (midnight)...nothing yet..
loading the video just for curiosity...
nope..nothing...

EDIT!!: nothing yet ... :cry:
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Maybe EA follows its timezone in Canada/USA ?

Return to “News”