Official NFSC Performance\Bug\Error Issues Thread.

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Have you tried reinstalling the game? If it always crashes when a Wolf cutscene is trying to load you propably have corrupt files.
Frostbite
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Frostbite »

Yeah =\ guess i'll reinstall....
Frostbite
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Frostbite »

Just reinstalled...still don't work...
Supra-Man22
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Supra-Man22 »

I have troubles too...when i go to play it, the screen goes black but just stays black, and nothing ever comes of it.

What is it that you type in when you are looking for your Computer graphics card and space? I believe you type it in the "RUN" box?
cosmo21
Stock
Stock

Post by cosmo21 »

Yea I did reinstall it... i tried it on demo version and full version.

nope. not werking... :?
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

If your GPU gets to such temperature you might considering checking whats up with your cooler or if you dont have it(heatsink system(big metal thing over gpu)) check it anyways. My guess that its either something blocking the cooler(if you have it) or its simply dusty inside yr PC. If its not and cooler works fine then try playing around with new drivers, try other games, other settings. If still same, i might consider goin to hardware store where you bought it and asking em 'wth'.
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

this is why the console versions is the best :P
Picc84
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Picc84 »

My carbon randomly crashes, going into races... any ideas? It just goes back to the desktop, but the desktop is realy small, in the upper left hand corner... and than it takes a second to return to normality..
marshman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by marshman »

Not just me having CTD then. :roll:

Anyway, got another bug, well i think it is anyway. When i first raced the young lady boss (forgot her name) in the Dodge charger, you do a 2 lap race. The game went black as it loaded for maybe 1 to 2 seconds as it loaded then the race started. I was on my own and she was miles in front, say over a minute and a half or something. I thought i'd missed a cutscene or something and had missed the instructions to the race as i was clearly well over half a lap behind as i started. I tried to catch up, to no avail still thinking it was part of the game, then after my fourth lap (yep, four not two) the race finished, saying i'd done two laps and i'd lost by just over a minute. I then did the race again and won quite comfortably when we both started at the same time! :lol:
P4-2.8ghz-1gb ram-Radeon 256mb X800XT
Supra-Man22
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Supra-Man22 »

I figured out my problem. I needed more RAM. It requires 512MB or more, and I only had half of that. I had to order more from gateway. So, in 3-5 days, I should be playing!
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Abrams wrote:If your GPU gets to such temperature you might considering checking whats up with your cooler or if you dont have it(heatsink system(big metal thing over gpu)) check it anyways. My guess that its either something blocking the cooler(if you have it) or its simply dusty inside yr PC. If its not and cooler works fine then try playing around with new drivers, try other games, other settings. If still same, i might consider goin to hardware store where you bought it and asking em 'wth'.
Nothing bad about those temperatures. Start worrying when they pass 100 degrees Celcius.
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

every time i select Auston Martin DB9, the game kicks me out to desktop... it also happened with some aftermaket rims... any ideas why?
sugarqfx
Ricer
Ricer

shi****t game, would have been nice if i can see the road!

Post by sugarqfx »

i know i only have a geforce 5500 but when they say minimum requirements i should atleast be able to play it! how can i play if i cant see the road no road reflection option (grayed out) hey i can understand visual treatment shader 3.0! but how are you suppose to play if you cant see the road! they should have said minimum requirements, a gaming graphics card! shi****t shi***t shi****t

they should do something about this! hey! need for speed most wanted was a great game! and i had visual treatment and road reflection turned on on that!
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

to sugarqfx:

what video card driver verison you are using? for gf FX series, i recommand use 56.xx verison driver. i had a 5600 before, and all the newest drivers wouldn't work for me...
Alpineb1
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Alpineb1 »

Ah, after each time i beat Wolf, my game crash !!
So, i need to relaod the game and re-beat wolf, and crash again!!

I have update my driver for my vidz card and still crashing !!
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

to Alpineb1:

try reinstall the game. i fixed my problem i mentioned above just by reinstall...
kommatias
Stock
Stock

Post by kommatias »

Hey guys.Im new here but im experiencing some probs.so here's the deal...

The game installed and run fine for the first time so i go to the options screen to to change the video settings.And here start the problems,whenever i change any of the graphics settings,my sound freezes and on the the next or any loading screen,my comp locks up and i have to reboot.That happens whether i change the settings during the game or in the main menu.I wonder if anyone has noticed something similar or if you know of a solution.

Updated graphics driver all the way to 93.71 from 91.47 to no avail.

My specs:
Amd athlon 64 3200+
6800 ultra 256 mb
soundblaster audigy 2 zs
1300 mb ram 400
m/b abit kv8-max 3
Alpineb1
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Alpineb1 »

spectre01:

Ok, ill give a try, ill re-install !!

I hope this will be also solve the problem when i load the Caymen !!!! ( each time i try to select the Caymen, the game crash !! )

Thx i Spectre01!!
Rayquaza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rayquaza »

Lumber, i have the same problem.. i have a gefore mx 440.. I HATE EA FOR NOT SUPPORTING IT.
Alpineb1
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Alpineb1 »

Damn, after i have re-install da game, my save game gone corrupt !
Damn .. i need to restart from the begin!

Anyway, Carbon is so easy, im gonna be fast to be where i was in the game !
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

Chalk down another person having the random crashes issue. So far I cannot tell why it's doing it, because it is doing it at different stages in the game, almost never the same part. Just now it crashed after trying to enter a race. The time before it crashed when I simply highlighted a race on the World map to get details on it. The time before it crsahed when I was autosculpting. A huge pain in the ass that was.

This needs to be looked into.
chulo212
Stock
Stock

Not sure if my card is compatible, have not found much info

Post by chulo212 »

I have a Nvidia GEforce4 440 32M card. I can play the game but its all white and grey. I would adjust the games resolution and graphics from the menu but the problem is I cant see the options menu. I dunno if there is anything I can do or if Im hooped! Let me know anything I can do besides replace gfx card thanks!
Xxjoeboxer5xx
Stock
Stock

Post by Xxjoeboxer5xx »

weird graphics and the game supports cards over 64 mb and my computer passed all the requirements and i get this when i try to load the game, theres the link to the scrennshot
Attachments
thats the screenshot of the game trying to load
thats the screenshot of the game trying to load
chulo212
Stock
Stock

Exactly

Post by chulo212 »

I get the same thing looks just like that. I dont think it's a gfx card thing its something else. Can someone tell me how to fix this or should I just download a different one?
Alpineb1
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Alpineb1 »

Aarrghhhh . i re-install and crash again!!

I think im gonna call EA and i will talk about their product not stable (and give them some shiznit, ill pay for it )

Return to “Help & Support”