NFSPS Updates at Gamespot

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
TheMasochisr
Ricer
Ricer

Re: NFSPS Updates at Gamespot

Post by TheMasochisr »

danyutz wrote:don't get to tense up, the Evo X would probably be a boss car, same as R8 in Carbon, although it's tunable, as seen in the movie ...
what's with that train bumper on the Mustang? looks like a shnizit snowplow :?
from the stages, the "r3act" one seems to me the coolest from the 3 types ... is it the name? :)
their ads look cooler too. plus i like the backwards e.
adolphorc1978
Stock
Stock

Post by adolphorc1978 »

OFF - it will be amazing if civic si sedan 2007 avaliable in NFSPS with some mugen parts
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

danyutz wrote:don't get to tense up, the Evo X would probably be a boss car, same as R8 in Carbon, although it's tunable, as seen in the movie ...
what's with that train bumper on the Mustang? looks like a shnizit snowplow :?
from the stages, the "r3act" one seems to me the coolest from the 3 types ... is it the name? :)

rx8? :S . . the evo IX was the Tuner boss's car . . in MW rx8 was one of the blacklist cars . . in Carbon Rx8 was the starting tuner car in career mode . . . thats how I remember so far :p
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Not RX-8,R8.Audi R8.
Darius' car.You don't remember,don't you?
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

taz947 wrote:Not RX-8,R8.Audi R8.

ah that . . my bad XD . . I always knew that as Audi Lemans Quattro . . . . . just watched the trailer at gametrailers . . quite a interesting line of Kings . . rx7, m3, evox, mustang gt, n gto . . . I wish they put another king to showoff tricks with the car (something like juiced). . that would be awesome . . . . still . . except the mustang gt with the ugly fb, I have a really good feeling about these kings :D . . this nfs will be one of my favorite for sure!
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

Well this ugly bk is for drag,i think it is an aerodynamic part.Google drag cars to see some
TheMasochisr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TheMasochisr »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:
taz947 wrote:Not RX-8,R8.Audi R8.

ah that . . my bad XD . . I always knew that as Audi Lemans Quattro . . . . . just watched the trailer at gametrailers . . quite a interesting line of Kings . . rx7, m3, evox, mustang gt, n gto . . . I wish they put another king to showoff tricks with the car (something like juiced). . that would be awesome . . . . still . . except the mustang gt with the ugly fb, I have a really good feeling about these kings :D . . this nfs will be one of my favorite for sure!
NOT. A. GTO.
TheMasochisr wrote: Image
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Isn't he talkin bout the Pontiac GTO?
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

that is a GTO . . a 1965 Pontiac GTO . . it's also in the confirmed car list section
TheMasochisr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TheMasochisr »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:that is a GTO . . a 1965 Pontiac GTO . . it's also in the confirmed car list section
If it was a GTO, then why doesn't pontiac show in the liscencing?
the GTO should be removed. the GTO may appear in the final carlist but it doesn't show up in th liscenscing, come to think of it, ford doesn't either... for would be covered in the all other properties section, but mustang and 'cuda were the only muscle cars there so if 'cuda was the most prominently displayed liscence, the logical explanation would be that the myster y mucle is a modded 'cuda.
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Dude edit if ur gonna post right afta your previous post........

I wanna see a supercar! So far they are only showing muscle and tuner type cars....
TheMasochisr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TheMasochisr »

Glopaticki wrote:Dude edit if ur gonna post right afta your previous post........

I wanna see a supercar! So far they are only showing muscle and tuner type cars....
What about the M3....... the M3 is not a tuner as far as I know...
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

TheMasochisr wrote:
|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:that is a GTO . . a 1965 Pontiac GTO . . it's also in the confirmed car list section
the GTO should be removed. the GTO may appear in the final carlist but it doesn't show up in th liscenscing, come to think of it, ford doesn't either... for would be covered in the all other properties section, but mustang and 'cuda were the only muscle cars there so if 'cuda was the most prominently displayed liscence, the logical explanation would be that the myster y mucle is a modded 'cuda.

That Hemi Cuda from the credits is for this Hemi Cuda
They didn't make yet the credits with all cars...
TheMasochisr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TheMasochisr »

taz947 wrote:
TheMasochisr wrote:

That Hemi Cuda from the credits is for this Hemi Cuda
They didn't make yet the credits with all cars...
THAT hemi cuda isn't in the trailer.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

But it was in first screenshots appeared,so I think it will be in the final version of the game.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

lol . . moded hemi cuda looks like that :lol: . . the car in that trailer is not the cuda for sure . . replay the video . . the 5 kings stand at a line with the gto on the far right wing . . the shot flies away really fast . . . . . try this ink and tell me what logo you see: screenshot
if you're not yet convinced . . why dont you google 1965 pontiac gto
seanx520
Ricer
Ricer

Post by seanx520 »

that mustang fb looks fugly #-o
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

TheMasochisr wrote: What about the M3....... the M3 is not a tuner as far as I know...
and surely isn't a supercar
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

The M3 is a high performance European sports car... that's probably as close as you will get to "supercar" or "exotic". Try to get away from the bias that a supercar must be a Lamborghini/Ferrari...
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

If thats the case whats going to fill the 60 or so car list? If the M3 is is as close to a supercar then alot of other cars in that performance bracket can be included
vanyots
Ricer
Ricer

Post by vanyots »

Porsches...

Edit: I just saw a 150MB version of the clip from the main NFS site - http://www.needforspeed.com
and you can actually read the "GTO"
GTOa
GTOa
GTOb
GTOb
Last edited by vanyots on 16 Aug 2007, 10:22, edited 2 times in total.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

who gets to decide on a supercar? :lol: . . whats the speed requirement of acc time barrier? . . answer these, n it will be easy to put cars in that category . . so far I understand that if a car is super expensive, it gets the recognition of a supercar :D
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Except that Maybach 62s and Rolls Royce Phantoms aren't supercars...
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Lol maybach on NFS..... We'll just have to wait and see i guess. They're no point arguing about what a supercar is, i'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I beg to differ:
Wikipedia wrote:Supercar is a term used for a high-end sports car, typically an exotic or rare one, whose performance is highly superior to that of its contemporaries.

Criteria:
Brand: Supercars are often very brand-centric (e.g. Ferrari) and a new brand wanting to join the list has to prove itself before its acceptance.
Styling: Supercars often feature groundbreaking styling elements. The Formula One-inspired Enzo Ferrari, for example, set a new styling direction for that company.
Rarity: Virtually all cars classified as supercars undergo a very limited production run, typically no more than a few thousand in total. For example, the Corvette Z06, though an extremely fast car, is mass produced and is very common, and thus is not sufficiently rare to be considered a supercar.
If EA goes by the book on this one, there most likely will be no old school muscle-supercars. That could eliminate the Shelby GT500, Corvette Z06, and/or the Porsche 996 Turbo. This criteria would also guarantee that cars like the Lamborghini Gallardo, Porsche 997 Turbo/GT3/GT3 RS, Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG and/or the Aston Martin DB9 would be considered supercars and are likely to be included in the game as they have been in the previous 2 and fit the tuning scene a lot better than cars like the Carrera GT, Murcielago/LP640, and the SLR McLaren.

Return to “News”