NFSU1: Fastest Offline Circuit Times

Need for Speed Underground competitions, challenges, best times and high scores!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yeh - I'm an auto driver too, and for the same reasons. Matter of fact, I agree with everything you say, especially your points on traffic - it really changes the whole game to play without it.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

LOL I also use automatic, but I am a real life driver with a manual... (In think I am the only one here that drives a car with 2 clutches and 2 brakes and 2 gas pedals... :D:D

And still I race auto in the game....

BTW I started all over again so need takes a while before I can post times here.. cause I don't think a lvl1 Imprezza is Impressing you guys much?!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

lol - I'm certainly not 'Imprezzed'!! :lol:
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

lol ... why not? :lol: if you can post decent times with such a car .. FOR such a car .. I'm impressed ... so, BRING IT ON m8 :D
GT: I've been at racing since Viper Racing(what a magnificent game that was) and have played the EA Sports F1 games since that ... I really have it in the backside of my brain, that hitting someone or something damages my car ... it's instinctive by now hehe. I've been looking out for fair ppl to race against in mp ... some decent races of say .. 10 laps? where there's room for you to show your skills and get some elbow room ... but those ****** just ram and ram all the time .. lol. I think they've misunderstood ... this is not a derby :roll: it's about skills .. cutting the turns the best and dosing nitro to keep up a decent avg speed. Maybe we could tqake some races together sometime. Searching for someone knowing the word honour or respect is practically a dead end mission out there. There's no shame in being beaten by a fella with greater skills ... only thing you can do is bow to him. But I cannot take being crushed at the first round by a pack of kids playing "king of the mountain" ... kinda ruins the mp experience for me.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I agree entirely. Prob is I aint quite online with my PS2 yet - still hooking up the hardware. I'll be happy to take you on once I get there tho. Meantime, I'm sure you'll find people around here willing to race you fairly - most of the regulars here all detest cheating. Take TheStig for example...

(cue tha Stigsta! :wink: )
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

YEP KICK the CHEATERS....

BTW for the times I raced my old NFS name... I finished completely with my 206 (black/white) and tried to set a time... with this little thing... :D
Attachments
time OS.JPG
Olymic Square 4 laps
(71.63 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Great!! Time for one of my famous lists...
  • >>> Best Offline Circuit Lap Times <<<

Olympic Square

GT3x24x7 - 41.04s - RX7
    The Stig - 41.31s - 206
    Summ - 41.47s - Miata

Stadium

GT3x24x7 - 50.61s - RX7
Keep 'em coming crew!! :D
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

haha :D seems I've found myself a couple of buddies alright =) Stig ... I'm ... impressed .. lol. Gotta try to get even NEAR your records .. MAN! (My first career out of the 9 was with a 206 :) ) Question though .. were those times with or without nitro usage? I personally didn't use any on my laps. 8) I immagine you'd be a tough guy to beat online =) You're very welcome to tell me when and where you race .. hehe.
GT: can you hook up on a PC with your PS 2? I play on a PC .. dunno enough about this game to know if it's possible to connect to your PS 2.

Stig: How do you like my baby? :lol:
Attachments
206 1.jpg
(69.37 KiB) Downloaded 6853 times
206 2.jpg
(76.36 KiB) Downloaded 6853 times
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Nice ride there mate - you should post it to the showroom if you haven't already!!

My times are without nitro - I tend to save it all for the last lap in the hopes of getting a killer time, and i use a bit to get going again after a hard bump. Never seem to get a good lap when I use it tho...

The PC-PS2 thing - you wouldn't know it but there are PCs and PS2s racing online all the time - they share the same network and are completely compatible as far as NFSU goes. All I gotta do if sort out my hardware and we're racin!! :D
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Sure as hell m8 ;) :D

sounds fine with me with the PS2-PC ... now I just wonder about the lag .. lol ... I live in Denmark .. how far is it from you guys? oÔ ...

Thanks. I'll make a better shot of the 206 and post that one as well ... I already posted my grey/blue miata, and it's already got 2 high votes :D more of the same would be apreciated 8)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yeh - it's a fair walk from Denmark to Australia I'd reckon. Lag might be a prob...
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

whoops .. crap .. didn't look at "location" ... oh well ... we may try anyway...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Maybe this weekend I'll have the link running... :D
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

lap update .. I shaved another 0.01 from my time .. reducing it to 41.46 :p
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Nice! I gotta go try this with Miata mate - it's great little car huh. good handler...
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

for the driving experience ... it's the best ... imo at least =). Handling is superb, sticks to the road extremely well ... apart from when hitting track debris a la 2 ton trucks :x there it just goes flying hehe. I wanted to post a screenie with my new best lap .. but I guess it's nothing of extreme juicy anyway ... so I'll post one when I get further low ... and I will ;) am picking my landmarks at the moment. More than 1000 laps and I still go after instincts .. lol. Time to make those instincts sharper and aiding them by providing direct places where I know it's the right time to brake.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Not Bad GT.. I use my nitro all over the track and laps.... in stages.... :D

think I have to and can beat the 41 sec barier.... :D with my 206
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Thus the challenge is set... first to break 41sec!!! Only 0.04 to go for me!! :wink:
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Lol ... I take that challenge :D though ... it will be hard. I'm thinking of making a career boosting overall power without NOS ... thus having a greater thrust whitout it. I wonder what the best combination might be then ... for the miata ... that is. :p Engine + ECU seem to be logical decisions for teh first two choices ... I wonder what the third should be.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I am doing the same right now.... :D that is why I am working on it... think Turbo... or weight... looks like same extra...
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

crap .... sorry guys .. seems I'll be out of the ring for a week or so ... I just firetruck up my profiles in windows ... and it doesn't look very happy about the backups I had made ... *sigh* dunno what's wrong with the darned thing. Usually you put the backups back in the folder ... they show up in game and everybody's happy ... now you put them in the folder .. and they don't appear ingame ... guess what ... am not happy :evil: oh well ... 2 races down ... 109 more to go ... (I never race the 112th, as that means I lock my car and can't customize it anymore or trade it in)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Same here I also never (exept first time) complete the game...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Aw man, does that mean you're only left with your new profile, Summ? Awful bad luck if that's the case dude... :cry:
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

ye ... got my 2 backups .. but what good are they if the game doesn't initialize them? baaah ...
Worst thing is I've only got myself to blame ... I hate not being able to delete profiles in-game ... so I had to remove some of the files in windows. I did ... but oddly enough the profiles I just removed ... were still there. I went like ... WTF??? oÔ ... so I copied my 2 allimportant profiles and deleted the rest. When I put them back in along with the edited Profile's file, they simply didn't show up in game anymore ... so ye ... I'm stuck to race them up all the way again. So much for wanting a bit of order in your profiles piling up .. lol. Am making 3 profiles now. Power with NOS, Power WO NOS and Control. Will be fun to compare the three once they're done. Am doing the Power WO NOS as the first. It's the one I need most badly right now :p. I'll stick to the boards and see what progress you two make in my absense while getting back on course ;)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I only have 2 names left in the game.... : TheStig (started again with this name... want other uniques) and Instructor... :D

deleted the rest and the original STIG... :D

Return to “Competitions”