Need for Speed Undercover Confirmed

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Need for Speed Undercover Confirmed

Post by oumysoft »

If there will be cops in the game then theres one thing I really would like to see:

Hot Pursuits in Single Race events. Its fun having cop chases in a free roaming world but starts getting boraring after a certain time.
Quick bashes (ie 5 - 10 mins gameplay) is a very fun thing to have when you compleate a career mode where u set ur own car, ur own circuit, ur own number of laps and have the option to have hot pursuits on.
Till this date I still play on High Stakes and Hot Pursuit 2 because of this, and im not sure why they opted not to include it in carbon and most wanted.
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

yeah ravenclaw has a point.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

I'm thinking this will be like Most Wanted except you're on the other side of the law. You'll infiltrate the street racing scene and then when it's time to bust people you can drive police cars and it'll be like in High Stakes. A good way to implement a feature that fans have been requesting for a while. :)
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

baumaxx1 wrote:just as long as there's tuning :D

And SRW is pretty much complete... just have to put it together for the site and post it.
Damn, this generation is OBSESSED with tuning. :P
MiRo31285
Stock
Stock

Post by MiRo31285 »

my men hi!!!
when i try to play online a message has been appears and show me that punkbuster or something like that kicked me out and i have to visit needforspeed.com.does anybody knows why is this happens??
please help me!!! thanx.. :P
Life is in your hands,take care...
matau454
Stock
Stock

Post by matau454 »

Hmm.... sounds kinda cool.
Matau454
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

MiRo31285 wrote:my men hi!!!
when i try to play online a message has been appears and show me that punkbuster or something like that kicked me out and i have to visit needforspeed.com.does anybody knows why is this happens??
please help me!!! thanx.. :P

.......Offtopic :lol: lol, and i cant help you with taht
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

2furio wrote:

And SRW is pretty much complete... just have to put it together for the site and post it.
Well I am a modifier... what do you want? It's what I enjoy. Games (NFS and Forza, but I don't have 360) let me do what's too expensive in real life. There's photoshop too, but that's not as easy, lol. Nor can you race the chopped cars.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

2furio wrote:

Agree.

I want a see a well done mixture between NFS 3 HP and High Stakes. Only exotics with some legends like "El nino" or the CLK-GTR...with undercover cops...massive pursuits...missions...oh my...like the scene on The Transporter 2 where that Lambo Murcielago (it was the LP640?) is being chased by cops...holy god! =D>

EDIT: About the missions, I think they are probably going to take a look at TDU packages delivering...idk...I feel that :-k
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yep, thanks for acknowledging my reply...

About this generation being obsessed with tuning, I'd guess many NFS fans would be into tuning considering the vinyl customization is leaps ahead of midnight club, and Juiced I think... number 2 doesn't actually run playably on my PC, or a friend's 8800 system for some reason. I have a PS3, so no Forza. Yep, and being into the tuning scene, going to car shows and events and that, I like NFS because of the tuner scene... it ends and I'm left without a tuning game I like.
About the missions, I think they are probably going to take a look at TDU packages delivering
Woot... copying one of the more frustrating aspects of an already popular game ](*,) Police chases, and then street racing culture is what NFS is known for. I think a most wanted/underground/hot pursuit approach would suit the series well.
death reaper
Ricer
Ricer

Post by death reaper »

i dunno but i think that this might take a turn on the good side but on the other hand it crash and burn 2 years wouldn't be nearly long enough so it'll probably be a sh***y job but if not sum of the things i want in this game

cockpit view
reilistic damage
decent carlist eg( skyline, lambo, porsh, ford mustangs, corvettes just to list a few
decent customization
free roam
day night cycle and weather changes
cop chases
[-o< [-o< please ea don't screw this on up [-o< [-o<
[img]C:\Users\Kempsey%20Betta\Pictures\Koenigsegg-CCX-2007%20-%20Copy.jpg[/img]
td0g21
Ricer
Ricer

Post by td0g21 »

death reaper wrote: [-o< [-o< please ea don't screw this on up [-o< [-o<
they must. always do #-o

ontopic id love to see most wanted/underground/hot pursuit slammed into 1 game. would be one hell of a game imo
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

Carbon was mix of its 4 prequels.
So EA would screw it up again.
AleX_BridGeS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AleX_BridGeS »

I seriously don't understand why people are even judging the game without almost any info at all. People just think "Oh it's made by EA, it will be a sucky, huge screwed up game" without even any info at all. I would rather judge the game when I have it in my hands. I remember when Skate was being made, a lot of people said "It will be sucky, skating, screw-up game because it is made by EA", then a lot of people took back their words when they played Skate. The only thing I wish now is a game that is fun, I don't care what kind of storyline it has or whatever it had, I just only need a fun, tuning, racing game. Whatever it is from being a undercovered cop, or being chased by a cop, or no cops at all, all it needs to be is fun, then I'd get it.

EA can make good games, they just tend not to. I do not underestimate them when they actually make good games. Even though it is rare for that to happen.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

AleX_BridGeS wrote:I seriously don't understand why people are even judging the game without almost any info at all. People just think "Oh it's made by EA, it will be a sucky, huge screwed up game" without even any info at all. I would rather judge the game when I have it in my hands. I remember when Skate was being made, a lot of people said "It will be sucky, skating, screw-up game because it is made by EA", then a lot of people took back their words when they played Skate. The only thing I wish now is a game that is fun, I don't care what kind of storyline it has or whatever it had, I just only need a fun, tuning, racing game. Whatever it is from being a undercovered cop, or being chased by a cop, or no cops at all, all it needs to be is fun, then I'd get it.

EA can make good games, they just tend not to. I do not underestimate them when they actually make good games. Even though it is rare for that to happen.
Agreed. Lots of people say that ProStreet was crappy, but I myself found it an O.K. to Decent racing game
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

You guys do realize that all of your requests and whining are of no use, right? Hell, half the game is probably done by now. EA kinda bit themselves in the tail with their two team idea, as it makes it very hard for them to listen to our most recent requests.

I'm not very informed about the game-making process, I'll admit it. But I'm sure by now they're well past the planning stages and are already making and tuning the game. :wink:

The good news is, atleast we won't have to worry about another 3 hour game!!! \:D/
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

For me the only high in the series since the PS2/Xbox was Most Wanted. Sorry to all those who think its UG2, but Most Wanted was just plain and simply more fun. The only other thing is, I unfortunately won't be buying undercover. Two reasons:

1. This is really stupid I know, but the name just screams "we have lost all imagination"
2. Their last two games have been quite worthless to be brutally honest, I mean come on, Carbon was done and dusted in two days, and ProStreet was riddled with glitches and shoddy tuning that didn't really make it any more realistic. Not to mention that despite everything the said, the cars seemed to handle the same, except the "god" cars, the RX7 and the 911 Turbo, which were basically untouchable in drift and grip respectively.
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

:roll: Its EA guys... they'll find some way to f**k it up. :D
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Ok, I'''m not trying to sound fanboyish, but...

You can't bash the game until you've played it because you don't know! YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

you do have a point there, we don't know anything about it.

But what's also said before is that, well sadly the last 2 games that EA came up with in the genre where a major letdown for most.(especially the PC users)
I found PS to be fairly nice, it had a nice carlist and it did have some decent racing, I personally did not had loads of glitches because I was playing the 360 version wich as in other cases is alot better build then the PC version (own all PC versions of NFS untill Pro Street.)
But the things that where a big let down for me in PS where the childish build style of the world in some places (huge ballons and bright colors etc) and the speed challlenges where a nightmare (in Nevada that is)
And the whole decal/vinyl system was well, just to complicated and took to much time and effort to get something decent.
It did have potential but sadly EA managed to make it more complicated then it could have been (they should have taken a look at Forza 2, only + over Forza 2's paint system is that in PS you could color the decals and place stuf on the windows, that was a very nice touch, but it could have been so much better.)

If EA makes something like MW again in terms of style and fun to play, then I am happy. cause MW is IMO the best of the recent games, it dwarfs Carbon, UG2 and PS. Underground is a good second.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Most Wanted - 1st
Underground 1 - 2nd
Underground 2 - 3rd
ProStreet - 4th
Carbon - Last. Why? BECAUSE IT WAS TOO FRIGGING EASY!
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Wow. I've never seen such a massive teardown of a game that hasn't come out. Personally, I don't understand how you guys like GTA, but can't stand the idea of some GTA features in another game. Saint's Row- GTA type game, great game. Undercover-Some GTA stuff, bad game? Hell, it wasn't even true and that's when most of the putting down came on. Think about it, they're using more time, maybe just maybe, this could be the fine tuned game you all want. Only thing I could see EA messing up on is maybe extra non-unlockable cars or unmodifiable cars. Maybe a couple glitches also. But the whole game being another PS or Carbon, I don't think they could be capable. If they took HS, HP,HP2, U1 and U2 elements along with the beauty and car chases in MW, that could work as a good game. Not another PS, cause that game sucked and the only time there was difficulty is using a SS drifting against Ryo and he keeps getting 3Ks.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Lol, if you really work at getting used to your car 3k isn't always that hard. And Honestly, I didn't see that much wrong with PS. Granted, I only paid $20 for it and wasn't planning on spending more, but still.... There wasn't even a real glitch that I've come across, at least not that's noticeable.

If they can manage to make this as original as MW, and even 1/2 as fun, it will be worth the time. (Okay, maybe not 1/2 as fun, but still... give it a chance.)
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Nice Title !!! i liked the fact that this new NFS will Have a most wanted style of game and a map and street racing and of course new cars and modes .... in my opinion NFS Most Wanted is the best NFS ever.... :D :mrgreen: =D>
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

Yeah we really know nothing about the game, so i dont know how people can talk bad about it when all we know is pretty much the tite of the game and thats it :roll:

Return to “News”