NFS Franchise getting 4 new titles in 2009 !!

The news visible on the main page
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: NFS Franchise getting 4 new titles in 2009 !!

Post by korge »

Skyline_man wrote: Need for Speed Shift (PSP/PS3/X360/PC).
What the gahdamn?

http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 86#p351186
Last edited by korge on 30 Jan 2009, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
korge
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"Change's Good, but ONLINE playin' Mhm, I dunno'... The Title "Need For Speed World" sounds as BIG as GTA IV!" :shock:
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by oumysoft »

I know need for speed hasn't been doing well the last few years, but the ingredients to the latest game could be a good one.

Lets begin with the name... Shift, its a bit random but when you put it up against a name like GRID it sounds absolutely normal.
Michael Mann seems to be leading the team, last time I heard that name mentioned(and I could be wrong) was in need for speed most wanted which was one of the better games in the recent years.
Lastly is that it is being made by SMS (formally Blimey! Studios) which made great games including GTR2 and GT Legends.

I know that EA Black box tend to build hype and fail miserably but this is no longer black box studio.
If they cant get it right from great talents then I fully believe the franchise is screwed.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Studio makes Sim Racer equivalent to Forza 2. Publisher buys out studio. Studio uses publishers money to upgrade their old sim racer. Publisher Sells new game.

Too much hubbub over such small stuff. Get a grip, so what if the next NFS will be a sim style racer. Maybe itll be better this way. Who knows.
korge
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

240sxlover wrote:What?4 new titles or 3 new titles?
It's four new titles. 4

NFS Shift, NFS Nitro, NFS World Online and the NFS 2009 / 2010, which currently we don't know what is going to be.
DriftingFan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DriftingFan »

last time they took nfs off the streets was with pro street and it didn't do too well. im losing hope with these games
"Fuel burning fast on an empty tank." Cake, The Distance

PSN ID: DriftingFan
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

when the franchise has enough games to fill a landfill with, thats when you can start losing hope. Oops, Yeah, you can start losing hope.. :)
korge
Dunko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dunko »

I'm not going to commit to buy any of these yet like I did this far out with Undercover. I've learned my lesson. They could really have something with the NFS World. If it's anything like Trackmania (just not so arcady) I think it could turn out to be a big hit, especially if it's free.

And you can't forget about the iPhone version of Undercover, supposedly being released in March. Maybe you can. I dunno. It so far looks like it'll be better than the current racer genre selection, (and better than the console version in some ways, less expensive being one of them).
eat, sleep, race
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

I think these look different. Why?

SHIFT AND WORLD LACK FOCUS ON OVER THE TOP STORY LIKE THE PREVIOUS TITLES.

oops, caps lock.
korge
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

To have a shiznit story like the one in Undercover, I prefer not to have a story at all...
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

which is why these titles actually have a chance. XD
korge
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I'm assuming NFS World is the MMO that EA Singapore was supposed to be working on? An NFS MMO sounds fishy to me... I can't see a lot of people willing to dish out the cash for subscriptions, and unless EA can keep a constant stream of DLC (free or to be purchased) alive, it'll die out faster than you can say gone. Somehow, I just don't see EA doing that.

I got excited over Undercover after seeing the first few screenshots. Things just went downhill from there. I'm not making the same mistake again.
DzOniZz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DzOniZz »

My opinion is almost the same as the others, Shift looks like grid, i dont care about nitro, word online if there WILL BE many cars and tuning parts, and i'm expecting the 4th title to be Underground 3. Why they can't just make game like Midnight Club Los Angeles? I don't have PS3(i'm pc gamer) and i only saw videos on youtube, and the only thing i can say about that game is HOLY SH*T. You can customize everything in that game,i mean it.EVERYTHING. One prob - not so many cars, but theres new adittion coming with new cars, new map area,new tracks and missions, so if Rockstar San Diego can hear me-please make this game on PC,and i will throw that NFS thrash(except U2 and PS) where it belongs.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

What?!?!?!?! Who the hell releases 4 games of the same franchise within a year that they were announced at the beginning of? I don't like this because I haven't anything that's been rushed turn out well.

I like Need For Speed World though... and is that free? lol. Nice! And Asia... does that include Australasia?
Last edited by baumaxx1 on 31 Jan 2009, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

I think i will enjoy shift because i really enjoyed prostreet

Nitro looks like a competitor to mario kart

World sound something like trackmania

for the fourth. it should similar to a skating game like skate. start out on the street and end up in competitions
Instagram @SupraHKS
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Im smelling quantity of games over qaulity of games in 2009.
prince1142003 wrote:I'm assuming NFS World is the MMO that EA Singapore was supposed to be working on? An NFS MMO sounds fishy to me... I can't see a lot of people willing to dish out the cash for subscriptions, and unless EA can keep a constant stream of DLC (free or to be purchased) alive, it'll die out faster than you can say gone. Somehow, I just don't see EA doing that.

I got excited over Undercover after seeing the first few screenshots. Things just went downhill from there. I'm not making the same mistake again.
Considering how they did it with that warhammer mmo, (15 USD A MONTH!) they will try it here.
korge
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

I like the sound of Shift... Hopefully they can pull it off. I always hoped for a game that focuses on the driver and the experience behind the wheel.

World Online could be cool too. What is this "Play 4 Free" thing though? I'm guessing it will be free to play at first but if you want certain cars, parts, or features, you'll have to subscribe...
bluestreak908
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by bluestreak908 »

thats BS if youre gonna make 4 games then dont call em all NFS!!! Bsides, how can u pssibly make 4 good racing games in 1 yr????
ea cant even make 1!!!!!
TUNERS ROCK!!!
Cipher
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Cipher »

NFS fails now, I havent seen a franchise go so far downhill, well theres a first for everything.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

the old "blimey games" logo is on the driver's glove in the NFS:Shift screen shot lololol

i guess a bit of nostalgia from some of the 'slightly mad studios' employees
Dunko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dunko »

I hope World's system req's aren't totally state of the art, otherwise I won't be able to play it. The last game my PC could even sort of handle was Carbon.
eat, sleep, race
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

i sense NFS shift will FAIL, there are games like GRID and GTR:EVO challenging with them both are good games

they change the direction of the game every 6 years so we are stuck with boring close tracks for 6 years
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

World is free, doesn't sound like it'll be cutting edge... I'm expecting an underground 2/carbon sort of arrangement... but I think it could still be good... I've seen good free games, but I'm expecting it to be filled with ads. Not really concerned with that though.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

... All this negativity, and to believe just last year, people actually thought Undercover would be good. (and bought it)

All you negative people should shut up. Especially if you bought Pro Street, Carbon, Underground 2, or Undercover.

I think its a nice change in studios. This screenshot looks more photorealistic (something ALLLLLLLL NFS titles arent) and I prefer those graphics. Im guessing this will be GRID minus the horrid coloring and bloom effect.
korge
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

finally a doodle pit view....
need for speed shift: more of project gotham racing looking....
need for speed NITRO: more of need for speed prostreet aftermatch
need for speed world online: more of nearly from underground series till undercover merge into 1 series...

but overall the car looks great the reflecton and shadows

Return to “News”