Bugs & Glitches in Need for Speed: SHIFT

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Bugs & Glitches in Need for Speed: SHIFT

Post by kostis1993 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SEJSIjW2aU

Go to 1:35! NFS Shi(f)t feautures night racing! Oh, forget about it. It's just a missing sky texture! Oh, what happened? Where is the game? Ah, it crashed! Never mind! Maybe Next time, after waiting 45+ secs(loading times are...$%3#$%$%) I will be albe to play at 20 fps max without crashes! Thanx EA!!! #-o

I'm glad I downloaded this and didn't buy it!! :cry:
Mr BlackB
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mr BlackB »

Bojan, really like that i have won the shift prize, but i cant run it well anyway...

All Summ said is true man, i have a Core2Duo 1,82 GHZ, 4Gb RAM, And the same graphix card as Summ, and the game just starts the first race, and it crashes again, again and again, its impossible to run on my pc even on medium grafix, it goes really slow, even sometimes it doesnt go. I needed to put all to the minimal settings, and goes slow, controlls are very bad (I play with a logitech pad, that is suppossed to be right for the game).

Also, i read that problem about ATI cards, lets hope that soon EA or ATI do something for us. So, lets wait...
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

here's a video someone recorded with the bounce bug...

it's very annoying...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NFdXu4Bumk
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Mmm...Now I'm defo not getting this on PC.
AleX_BridGeS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AleX_BridGeS »

"I'm a systems developer for a living. I have programmed software the past 7 years of my life. This game is TRASH. It's a console port and a horrible one at that. In its current state it is unoptimized, buggy and, at its best, an alpha stage program. This game has NOT been tested enough. This game does NOT run well for most people out there. For a large spectrum of the player base it DOES NOT RUN AT ALL!"
Very funny.

Maybe you just don't see that your CPU isn't all that great, I have a AMD 7750+ @ 3.1, sure I can't run the game at max settings due to the fact that whenever I see multiple cars on my screen my FPS drops, but I can run it on med-max @ 1280x1024 with x2AA(max res of my stupid CRT monitor D:) on playable FPS(25-50), and I ABSOLUTELY adore it.

And besides, I'm certainly 100% sure that you can't run ALL games at max resolutions, especially games like GTA4 that mostly rely on the CPU and adore multi-core processors, most likely because it's a port from the xbox and it isn't much of a great port to begin with. In games like GTA4 a small overclock like mine(2.7 to 3.1) gave me a 10 FPS boost. Actually, I'm just gonna try putting my clock back to default and see if there is much of a difference in FPS on Shift. If there is a drastic difference then I might as well just save up some moolah and buy me a quad core, or if it doesn't benefit from multi CPUs(hope not, I'd benefit a lot with a quad on GTA4) then just get a dual core phenom II.

But anyways, no problems whatsoever in my side so far, PURPLE RX8 FTW!! Oh, and I have a 4850 512mb with the 9.8 drivers, no OC.

~edit; sweet jesus, I lost nearly 7-10 FPS when the CPU was back @ 2.7, just did a race at the manufacturers something something and FPS hangs around 14-30. D:
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Try the 9.7 drivers. I get no stuttering or slow down using them with my 4890. The 7750 is a pretty average proc and defo not the best for gaming. I am running a beast of a 9850 BE (not the best chip either) which is going to be replaced by a Phenom II 965 when I get the cash. I'm selling the 9850 though as I don't have another platform to put it in (unless I go DDR3 then I'll go core i5 or core i7).

My CPU isn't oc'd and my gfx card is factory oc'd (HIS ftw!). Got 4GB of average Corsair RAM and 2.6TB of HD space (so not the fastest machine in the world). Have no problems though :D
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

AleX_BridGeS wrote:Very funny.

Maybe you just don't see that your CPU isn't all that great, yada yada...
ARE you plain stupid, or are you just PLAYING stupid? Follow the damned links I posted! There's people running a Core i7, AMD Phenom II, C2D E8500, C2D E8600, Q9250, whatever.. the lots.. who have the same issues as me! Learn to read before you open your mouth. It's not a processor thing.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Summ, you tried the Physx thing? When I reinstalled my windows and the game, with the gfx driver came a newer Physx version, haven't had a problem since then - mentioning the crashes, stuttering still present on the far camera view, but not on the interior.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Mine won't even start. Instant crash- "nfs shift has encountered and error and needs to close"...
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Danyutz - yeah, I tried manually updating PhysX. Didn't change a thing for me, sadly. The game runs acceptably when I'm alone, but as soon as I have company on the track, it becomes a slideshow. Even alone, I still have very noticeable input lag, to the point that if I quickly wiggle the wheel left and right some 30 degrees to each side and look up, the virtual wheel will be at the opposite end of where my physical one is. That's a solid half a second of delay, which, in simulation terms, is a lot.

I don't get crashes, but then again.. I never did. My biggest problems have always been ridiculous frame rates and ridiculous input lag. Both of which ought to be addressed either with a path or new drivers. I tried the whole Core affinity thing as well, plus running Cat 9.7 to no avail. It's annoying as hell.
Mr BlackB
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mr BlackB »

drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

dunno if this is a glitch or not. it's probably cuz i have no idea what im doing, but i can't put works conversion on any of my cars. i've fully upgraded them but there isn't an option anywhere. also, is it just me, or is it that in the car lot, every single car says it's driftable and works conversionable. i have an xbox.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

drftkng wrote:dunno if this is a glitch or not. it's probably cuz i have no idea what im doing, but i can't put works conversion on any of my cars. i've fully upgraded them but there isn't an option anywhere. also, is it just me, or is it that in the car lot, every single car says it's driftable and works conversionable. i have an xbox.
you're looking at the wrong spot mate...

the bottom is an "index" of what those little logos next to the cars on TOP mean... it doesn't mean that very car has it... you have to look at the top, in each box...
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

Mr BlackB wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbhTQLHeopM

another NFS SHIFT fail xD
Again... so funny, but so much fail. T_T
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I just had a weird bug. First time it happened after 20 races or so.

When the race was starting, when the game is showing off you car and the crew, the screen went completely dark and I couldn't start the race. I could hear my car and the other cars in the track, and I could also accelerate and hear the RPMs, but nothing else, everything was black. I hit ESC and the menu appeared, in a dark background. I restarted and the problem was solved.

Dunno what happened, but anyway I post here just to let EA know (if they ever to read this).
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^Aaaah... the hell of graphical glitches. Welcome, brother! :P
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Oh I never mentioned but in 1 instance I had a glitch... but now that I want to talk about it, I forgot what it was...

edit: OH YEAH! I remember now...
twice actually, but both were in rival battles...

once, out of nowhere... I hit the rival car, and the race was over... claiming that he beat me by 5 seconds... o.O?!? I JUST TOUCHED HIM! HE CAN'T GET AWAY THAT FAST! it takes 5 seconds!!! AT LEAST!

the other time... I clearly LOST by 5 seconds... but the voice guy said "GOOD JOB! That was some clean win!" or something along that line... when I clearly lost... and it even said LOST over my car... and WIN over the rival car...

I was really confused...
AleX_BridGeS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AleX_BridGeS »

Summ wrote:
AleX_BridGeS wrote:Very funny.

Maybe you just don't see that your CPU isn't all that great, yada yada...
ARE you plain stupid, or are you just PLAYING stupid? Follow the damned links I posted! There's people running a Core i7, AMD Phenom II, C2D E8500, C2D E8600, Q9250, whatever.. the lots.. who have the same issues as me! Learn to read before you open your mouth. It's not a processor thing.
No, maybe you should read more thoroughly and see that I'm referring to YOU, yes you. Maybe you just don't see that your CPU is bottle-necking all the other components in your system? :lol:\

edit; Also, I just re-read your post again and have you ever driving down the road going 120+ in RL? You'd be insane to look at your damn speed-o, but then again this is a game. What I seem to understand from this stupid blur is that it's trying to simulate when you're driving in high speeds that your eyes are basically stuck into one position, looking at what's ahead of you.
Daniel2Hot
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Daniel2Hot »

EA ALSO NEED TO DO SOME HOME WORK ON "SHIFT. EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING" RIGHT AFTER THE "WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT" MESSAGES...I WASTED LOTS OF MONEY JUST TO GET THIS GAME...AND AS FAR AS I CAN TELL IM NOT SATISFY WITH IT...EA FORUMS DO NOT HELP MUCH EITHER...ALL I WANT IS TO PLAY N HAVE FUN LIKE I DID IN ALL THE SERIES...
Cheesenium
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cheesenium »

This is shiznit.

Even the demo does work properly.

How the hell im gonna play the full game when i will be getting 15 T4 super fast cars race when im lagging a little bit on some T2-T3 races? The game doesnt even allow me to change the settings.

What kind of shiznit is this?
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

AleX_BridGeS wrote:No, maybe you should read more thoroughly and see that I'm referring to YOU, yes you. Maybe you just don't see that your CPU is bottle-necking all the other components in your system? :lol:\

edit; Also, I just re-read your post again and have you ever driving down the road going 120+ in RL? You'd be insane to look at your damn speed-o, but then again this is a game. What I seem to understand from this stupid blur is that it's trying to simulate when you're driving in high speeds that your eyes are basically stuck into one position, looking at what's ahead of you.
I am perfectly well aware of the fact that if there is a bottleneck in my system, it is my CPU. I agree that it is not that great. That said, I do not believe my cpu is to blame here. Why? Because people with equal systems, just with an nVidia card instead of an ATi, can run the game flawlessly, maxed out. As such, I do not believe that it would or should be necessary for me to upgrade my CPU at this time to actually run this game. Especially not, when there are people with far superior systems suffer the same issues as I do. This leads me to believe the fault is to be found in the drivers or the game code, rather than in my hardware. Does that make sense?

As for the insanity of looking at the speed-o.. if you never look at your speed-o-meter at high speeds, how would you know you've ever done 120+? :P I don't consider myself insane, but if the road affords it, I will be flicking my eyes at the instrument panels, rearview mirrors and passengers from time to time. By 'the road affords it' I mean, if I'm travelling down a highway, for instance. If I'm running around a bendy road, my eyes will be on the road all the time, obviously.

I find the blur effect rather unnecessary and annoying. My eyes will find their focus on their own, thank you very much. I don't need the game to tell me where to look. Also plain retarded is that blur kicks in at different speeds for different cars, meaning it is calculated based on a percentage of that car's total speed. So if you're doing 150 km/h in the BMW 135i, you'll be in a total blur, whereas it only starts to kick in at around 200 km/h on the Murcielago. What, suddenly I'm in a bigger car and my eyes focus differently? 150 km/h aren't 150 km/h in the lambo? Come on.. it's ridiculous.

Again, I wouldn't mind it that much, if it was easier to tell when to shift gears. I'm good at going at it by ear, usually.. but when I have 3-5 other engines roaring all around me, I mostly can't tell my car from theirs. THAT is my biggest complaint. Because, as we both agree, in highly stressful situations, like a twisty road or indeed a race, you need all your concentration on the road and you SHOULD be shifting by ear. That's what I've always done and that's why I complain about it in Shift.
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BEEFKING69 »

ok lets see here 1. the cut track penalty is firetruck bullsit it says i cut track alot of times when a i get bumped off the track B. i get one tire off the track C. if i slide of the track (outside of the track ) 2. the cars handle different online than they do in single player 3. some of the stock cars u use in carrer dont drive they just sit there in gear and rev up and down for instance in the viper vs ford gt the viper dont function same for the loaner vipers online and sometimes the corvette 4.the tuning seems glitched for instance ill tune a car for accel and its slower out the hole than if i tune it for top speed 5. load times r garbage 6. multiplayer lobby is trash A. u cant boot people wtf? B. cant stop the timer 2mins wtf? C. car restrictions is firetruck lame it should go from 1 to all the way up not 4 6 10 14 and should also be able to limit it by tiers 1-4 D. no collision off option wtf? 7. the cars seem to perform differently from race to race like for a few races it will perform how u want it and then the next few its like a copletely different car. ok thats just to name a few and im done talkin bout this trash game and btw im on the 360 version and im srry that i even wasted a 2 dollar dvd dl
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Not a serious glitch by any means but i tend to pick up these little things, the brake disks don't glow when they heat up:( I kinda like that effect:)

EDIT:There is grass in the middle of the road at times and just floating in the air!
EDIT2: why cant i install a 6 speed transmission on my RX 7!!! Thats a bug as well cause it clearly says i need a stage 3 drive train to unlock the 6 speed gearbox, and I did that!
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

GINIX_2007 wrote:Not a serious glitch by any means but i tend to pick up these little things, the brake disks don't glow when they heat up:( I kinda like that effect:)
YES THEY DO!
only when you brake REAAAALLLLY hard from like 250+km/h down to 0...

in 1 race, i boosted the last final straight with NOS *because I didn't use it at all so had fun with it* and after the final cutscene with hard braking, you could see it was glowing... very brightly... but it faded within 3 seconds...

and where was that screenshot with the skyline and the glowing brakes?

oh and about the "stage 3" i think they mean works? i don't know because i'm scared of works converting my rx-7... waiting till they fix the bounce bug
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I tried that my RX7 tops out at about 173Mph and i hit the brakes! nothing :(
BTW what triggers that bounce bug? I have not had that prob at all playing on the PC.

EDIT: seems they only glow when ABS is disabled. :?
Attachments
They Glow!.jpg
Last edited by GINIX_2007 on 21 Sep 2009, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “SHIFT”