Re: SHIFT long term support

Post by Summ »

^It's not just appearance...
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Why would you remove that option. In fact I know of a few people who actually use it. If you cba to race so much to buy the car, why not just be able to buy it now and go online instantly...
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Bojan wrote:Why would you remove that option. In fact I know of a few people who actually use it. If you cba to race so much to buy the car, why not just be able to buy it now and go online instantly...
I'd rather it not be everywhere. If there was an option to not show it when I am buying a vehicle or an upgrade, that would be much better.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Cpt.Razkit wrote:One thing so far (360 Version): Get rid of the option to buy cars with Microsoft Points, makes EA look firetruck greedy.
:lol: :lol: no way xD now they want you to pay for the content BEING IN GAME with MS points =D> #-o
what i want from EA to add to shift:
fix all the bugs that appeared now(bouncey physics, grass around the car in the air at start, some bugs with sounds at start of drift in quick race, weirdly agressive ai, and the famous "real dirty overtakes" where you literally SHOVE the enemies out of the way :D)
add those cars: HONDA NSX, Toyota Supra, Skyline R32 and R33, Toyota Celica(the one from Undergrounds) Honda Civic(same) more Porsches(911 Turbo, Boxter, GT 1) cars like Saleen S7(generally more American and Japanese cars in the Tier 4) , hopefully not 5.99€ per car(im being serious there EA!!!) add Maserati MC12 to the career...
seriously its just about 10-15 cars...AINT that much to do for EA, given that they would most likely recycle models from earlier games. oh, and NORMAL Mustang GT in the game...not just Shelby GT 500 and some 2010 Falken Tire Whatever Else Vaughn Gittin JR's Mustang GT I Like Long Car Names Really A Lot EA......
some old muscle could be cool too.
more tracks after a while would be nice, because, as we all know, they WILL get boring after some time.
also, its probably MICROSOFTS thing with the MS point buying cars. EA doesn't seem to have any profit here...or do they? :?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

No profit for EA... ofcourse they get a profit for it, why else would they give the option to add the buy with MS points, where other games do not have this. not even MS games had so many buy options.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

ive noticed all muscle cars 99 civic and supra aarent in the game. in prostreet these were all great drag cars. in shiift these cars are not in there and no drag mode. im guessing that there will be fututre dlc than incluudes drag, these cars, and a couple of tracks with drag strips like infineon raceway
Instagram @SupraHKS
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hmm, you might be onto something there.. or maybe they left drag out to make sure there's a decent amount of difference between the two games.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Will people stop bashing on about adding the Supra to the game? Supras are dyno queens and drag monsters, and have (with the exception of JGTC) never really been used in competitive circuit motorsport. I'm glad they left it out, adds a little more realism to the game. The Celica from the underground games is FWD and pretty feeble. Again, it's not really competitively raced. And why add two more generations of Skyline when mechanically they're basically the same as the one that's already in there?

EA made a lot of very good choices with the cars they selected in the game. For the most part they're cars that are actually raced competitively, be it in Time Attack, Endurance, Eurotuner, JGTC et cetera. There are a few that could be added, but most are pretty accurate IMHO.

Besides the Tier 4's. Who would race a Veyron?
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Pranukas
Stock
Stock

Post by Pranukas »

There is a lot in SHIFT that the creators could add or change... The main thing fro me:

Ability to mirror vinyls, at least on the side.
Custom manufacturer vinyls colour and size.
Mannual selection of some parts, for example spoilers.
A few more cars, though this isn't really needed.
The most inmportant thing that is missing. The pits. It would be really fantastic, that there would be long races with the ability to go into the pits to refuel, fix minor damage, change tires, ETC...
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

steelsnake00 wrote:Will people stop bashing on about adding the Supra to the game? Supras are dyno queens and drag monsters, and have (with the exception of JGTC) never really been used in competitive circuit motorsport. I'm glad they left it out, adds a little more realism to the game. The Celica from the underground games is FWD and pretty feeble. Again, it's not really competitively raced. And why add two more generations of Skyline when mechanically they're basically the same as the one that's already in there?

EA made a lot of very good choices with the cars they selected in the game. For the most part they're cars that are actually raced competitively, be it in Time Attack, Endurance, Eurotuner, JGTC et cetera. There are a few that could be added, but most are pretty accurate IMHO.

Supra is also used for drifting
Instagram @SupraHKS
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

steelsnake00 wrote:Supras are dyno queens and drag monsters, and have (with the exception of JGTC) never really been used in competitive circuit motorsport.
Twins Turbo Motorsports have been running Supras competitively in top-level road racing and time attack events in the States for a number of years now.

Then there is the JUN 'Akira' Supra, which is currently being prepared for the next SuperLap at Tsukuba (basically the pinnacle of time attack racing in Japan). They will be aiming for a top finish I'm sure.

Also iirc, Grez (or Jon) used to bang on about how fast Supras can be on the track. They have a killer motor, strong body and IRS so the potential is there. Maybe it's just more costly to work than other cars.
I would have certainly liked to see it in the game anyway. The Supra has got to be more worthy than a Yank tank, at the very least.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

steelsnake00 wrote:Will people stop bashing on about adding the Supra to the game? Supras are dyno queens and drag monsters, and have (with the exception of JGTC) never really been used in competitive circuit motorsport. I'm glad they left it out, adds a little more realism to the game. The Celica from the underground games is FWD and pretty feeble. Again, it's not really competitively raced. And why add two more generations of Skyline when mechanically they're basically the same as the one that's already in there?

people wont stop bashing until EA adds it :lol: . besides Supra can be as fast as any of the "pro race cars VW GOLF 5 or Scirocco" then why put a koenigsegg or veyron? i so cant imagine veyrons racing in professional races.
well ok the celica may be feeble, but for the love of god why does EA include other "feeble" FWD cars.
also, its just a game, besides you don't have to use any of the car EA might decide to add.
@up
spoilers manual selection? nah, they are good as it is. the kits are supposed to WORK, not LOOK. and the rest is cool, but the pit thing would require alot of work (compared to "simply" adding one car)
Pranukas
Stock
Stock

Post by Pranukas »

ElvenAvenger wrote:
steelsnake00 wrote:
@up
spoilers manual selection? nah, they are good as it is. the kits are supposed to WORK, not LOOK. and the rest is cool, but the pit thing would require a lot of work (compared to "simply" adding one car)
Yup, I know that, i was just kinda hoping that it will be there from the start, that's why I wrote it. And for the spoiler - i disagree. offcourse, it has to work, but it was really nice when you could select one you like the most. I think it would be better, if there was no autosculpt (like it was in ProStreet and earlier) but instead a veriety of different spoilers with different abilities. Besides, if we are talking about large scale adjustments, I don't think adding a few cars or tracks is enough.

Sorry for my bad English, hope you understood.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

boganbusman wrote:
steelsnake00 wrote:Supras are dyno queens and drag monsters, and have (with the exception of JGTC) never really been used in competitive circuit motorsport.
Twins Turbo Motorsports have been running Supras competitively in top-level road racing and time attack events in the States for a number of years now.

Then there is the JUN 'Akira' Supra, which is currently being prepared for the next SuperLap at Tsukuba (basically the pinnacle of time attack racing in Japan). They will be aiming for a top finish I'm sure.

Also iirc, Grez (or Jon) used to bang on about how fast Supras can be on the track. They have a killer motor, strong body and IRS so the potential is there. Maybe it's just more costly to work than other cars.
I would have certainly liked to see it in the game anyway. The Supra has got to be more worthy than a Yank tank, at the very least.
i read on speed hunters somewhere that there was a toyota spra in Lemans, completed the 24 hrs of LeMans
Instagram @SupraHKS
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

ElvenAvenger wrote: people wont stop bashing until EA adds it :lol: . besides Supra can be as fast as any of the "pro race cars VW GOLF 5 or Scirocco" then why put a koenigsegg or veyron? i so cant imagine veyrons racing in professional races.
well ok the celica may be feeble, but for the love of god why does EA include other "feeble" FWD cars.
Um, feeble?
VW did actually make a Scirocco race car, called the GT24, which has won it's class at just about every endurance race in the last year.

I'll agree that they're more worthy than yank tanks, but I still don't see the Supra as a circuit racer. I know there have been a handfull of reasonably successful racing Supras but they've never been able to hold a candle to the UK time attack racers and your average M3 on a track day. Their chassis just seem to hard to set up for controllable grip driving.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

My two cents: It's just a game. If you want absolute realism, shut off your PC or console and go outside.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

My 2c: look forward to Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5, boys. Plenty of cars for everyone.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

my 2c: im not going to buy a freaking xbox360 or ps3 just for one game, THEN buy the game which is extremely expensive in my country, AND then worry about getting a proper tv, AND then worry about console getting ylod/rrod/whatever and get bashed by "enemy" fanboys -,- not to mention i dont need 10000 cars, i need , say, about 100-150. no MORE.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i do wish they had gt5 for pc but a game will only have so many cars they only worked on it for a year u know. gt5 had a few years.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

ElvenAvenger wrote:not to mention i dont need 10000 cars, i need , say, about 100-150. no MORE.
That's funny, I only really *need* only one car...

Anyway please stay on topic.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, mirror option, decal colours, a larger limit on vinyl and decal size, more vinyls, and less insane AI will help. They will spear into you and not slow for the corner at times.

Oh, and more car slots would be good... stuff playing it to level 50 again -.-
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

OH.

fix the "spoiler" decals section.
i tried it on many cars with stock spoilers/then after works conversion. never anything appeared on them. section is there, pre-set decal sets have vinyls over spoilers, i demand being able to put a decal on my spoiler too!
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

the ENTIRE vinyl department needs a major overhaul...

more customizable options, national flags, more manufacturers, CAR manufacturer decals, ability to colour them, OVERSIZE, place them anywhere you like, able to pan the camera around as much as you want, etc...

the one in the game is just TOO limited...

Return to “SHIFT”