Burnout Paradise- island info

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: Burnout Paradise- Bikes pack is out!

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

No.

"alex ward confirmed there will be only one island like, two days ago."

This is basically saying that the DL island is not coming out. Which it is.

You then go on to say that there IS a new island coming out but after christmas. You've officially confused me AND yourself...
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

no. when i said there was only one island coming out, how is that saying that its not coming? im saying that there will be only one island coming out, compared to the "series" of islands that they were planning on. ive never said at all thats its not coming out. i think your the one thats confuzled, my friend!
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Well sorry if your taiping skillz aren't very, hmm, lets see...bad...And it wasn't a series of islands in the first place, I already knew that.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

actually, a few months back, when the vid of the dust storm crossed the bridge, they announced that there will be "a series of islands, each offering a different type of gameplay" and if you were a part of the criterion forum back in march/april, you would know that they did originaly say that and that there was a lot of speculation on the forum about it. the blog post said it, but i think they later edited it so it didn't say that there was a series anymore. then we asked about it on the forums about a week to 2 weeks ago and alex confirmed that only one island is coming but there are PLANS for other islands that have a .001% chance of making it into paradise in the "year of paradise". i hope that cleared it up a little bit for you.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Nope because as far as I know it was always a one island release...Also if you have noticed nobody seems to care about this topic anymore since this discussion started...
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

You seem to care alot about it, to post again...
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

That's beside the point :wink: .
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Nope because as far as I know it was always a one island release...Also if you have noticed nobody seems to care about this topic anymore since this discussion started...
where were you back about a month-3 months after the game came out? they have said before that there would be a series of islands. ask anyone else on the criterion forums. criterion said it themselves. its just that it has changed, i don't know when it did, but its now only one island that is coming out, with drawn out plans for other ones.
id bet money on it.

edit-
heres the proof- http://www.operationburnout.com/paradis ... nd-bridge/

underneath it there is a big *UPDATE* and it says it right there. eat it :twisted:

edit- found the faq at criterion that says that there are plans for more than one island- http://www.criteriongames.com/forum/vie ... =12&t=8784 its in there, not very far into it.
Will there be more than one island?

AlexW@Criterion wrote:We could add more. We have plans for more than one, but right now, they are nothing more than plans. There is one island currently in development.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Erm, waiting for the game to come out? And besides, 1-3 months BEFORE THE GAME RELEASES can simply be classed as a rumour. End of story.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Erm, waiting for the game to come out? And besides, 1-3 months BEFORE THE GAME RELEASES can simply be classed as a rumour. End of story.
wow. you really dont' know about this game, do you. that news post is from march. the game came out in january.
that news post was from right when they announced the dust storm. and criterion said it themselves. where were you? it wasn't a rumor. it was just something that they said they were planning on that just probably not going to happen. end of story.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

hows this.. Who cares! :P
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

race_invader wrote:hows this.. Who cares! :P
ok.. i guess your right.

its over, i won. :D
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

You cannot technically say you've won until it actually happens....till then, neither me nor you win. End of story.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:You cannot technically say you've won until it actually happens....till then, neither me nor you win. End of story.
till what actually happens?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Well either a series of islands comes out or just one. You tell me, since you confused me so much with your un-1337 741P1NG 5KI11Z... :wink:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

0nLy 0n3 1514nd 1$ c0m1n9 0u7. bu7 7H323 4r3 pl4nz0rz f02 m0r3.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

wow! omg! theres going to be at least 4 more gcc packs coming out this spring and they are going to announce what they are through the end of october to the end of november.
http://www.criteriongames.com/packs/coming_soon.php
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

http://www.criteriongames.com/intro.php skip to halfway and watch u will see gameplay of planes in burnout paradise. i hope someone else didn't post this already
Instagram @SupraHKS
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Zotic+ wrote:http://www.criteriongames.com/intro.php skip to halfway and watch u will see gameplay of planes in burnout paradise. i hope someone else didn't post this already
well the planes actually aren't coming. they were just experimenting with stuff there.

today the announced the party pack for burnout and its complete with gay colors.

+new info about the pc version

www.criteriongames.com
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Burnout Paradise- new party pack announced + pc info

Post by Porsche-AG »

Seems kind of dumb that we actually have to PAY for what is essentially just offline multiplayer (which should have shipped with the game) just because of the "Party" name attached to it.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Porsche-AG wrote:Seems kind of dumb that we actually have to PAY for what is essentially just offline multiplayer (which should have shipped with the game) just because of the "Party" name attached to it.
well they didn't make you pay for the bikes, the new online modes, or the island... so why are you still complaining? you don't have to buy it.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Yes, you are right; but offline multiplayer just seems like it should have been something basic that a game like Burnout would come with (without an extra charge). Motorbikes/etc would be the kind of thing people would pay for, so I'm not sure why they would give that free and make us pay for something that IMO is more necessary.

Look at this analogy: A car manufacturer offers a certain model with air conditioning standard and optional leather seats. They do this for the first few generations, but after let's say the third generation, they list air conditioning as an option you have to pay for but make leather seats standard.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Porsche-AG wrote:Yes, you are right; but offline multiplayer just seems like it should have been something basic that a game like Burnout would come with (without an extra charge).
Shoulda told that to R* before they ommited offline multi from MC:LA....unless my eyes decieve me of course...
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Well, I don't own or for the most part, plan to purchase MC:LA, so I don't really care about that. :wink:

But I find that Rockstar makes games that aren't very friendly to offline multiplayer, so that isn't surprising. EA/Criterion are usually more offline-multiplayer friendly.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Well they weren't with ProStreet o_O That only had shoddy 2-player, same with Carbon, Burnout Revenge (Unless you were doing Crash Party of course), need I mention anymore? R* in't necessarily a Single/Online Multiplayer only company, MC3:DE had pretty decent offline multiplayer, and part of the reason why Burnout Paradise isn't an offline multi game is because a) there's no more crash mode, only the unsurprisingly lack-lustre Showtime, and b) it's the sort of game that was MEANT to be played online. And if Criterion had any sense which I'm sure they do, they'll price it quite reasonably.

Return to “The Games”