What would you do to make MW better?

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Garrett
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Garrett »

i would want just a Cop Chase mode instead of carrer so if you get busted you can just start the thing over again
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Challenge series...
JuMbLeBoY
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JuMbLeBoY »

The game can be better if EA stops being lazy. For 1, and it has been mentioned, the Catch-up. It is annoying as hell. And car bodykits.

Why can't they go get the licences to include real life bodykits made by, lets say, TRD for the Supras and other Toyota cars, and Mazdaspeed for Mazda coupes? MW car's bodykits are very ugly. Just check the Subaru WRX, or the Mazda RX-7 FD, those are stupd, vomit-inducing rubbish, ugly kits.

And abit more life on the streets, or more traffic like Buses etc...

And, why did they remove the AI racers from the street like in U2? It's certainly more fun if there are other racers on the streets, and maybe the police will chase them sometimes just like they chase you, and maybe have things like if you help them get away, there is some rewards or stuff...

But nah, EA is farking lazy...
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

lazy? Nah... My lecturer used to work with EA, and he hated it... EA are slave drivers apparantly... They push the development teams quite hard with infair deadlines, which is probably why the game was released only 1 year after the last NFS... I think one other to make the game better is if they gave away a free Murcialago with every copy of the game - this may help clamp down on piracy too. :P
JuMbLeBoY
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JuMbLeBoY »

Why would anyone waste their life away playing MW if they had a free Murcielago? LOL
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Remove the autobreak feture and add racers that is chalange you to get to the top in the Blacklist in career mode when you are NO:1.

This 2 small things would make the game better and more interesting after you have beaten Razor.
Cross
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cross »

better engine sound. eclipse and rx-8 are the onlyone with nice sound, well not at the top rpm at least. engine is almost as important as gameplay to me but practicaly never you hear nice engine sound in any game.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

For any NFS game: some kind of "spectator-view" to use in Multiplayer games. So u can watch games through the eyes of other racers. Like u have in F1, from the cockpit w/ a HUD that displays things like current gear, revs, speed and stuff. Maybe even showing accelerating or breaking, use of nitro...

That would be cool imho :) I would almost say, it would not be very difficult to make, since some1 made that "Camera Hack"... it isn't that unusual in multiplayer games?
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Slightly off-topic, but interesting (IMO :) ) nonetheless:

That camera hack, despite what it says in the text file, doesn't work with version 1.2 of the game (at least not the European version with the Black Edition patch) :cry:

Just patched to 1.3 and it now works fine :D You could say that the c*ck (me) is back in his pit. (Which reminds me of an ancient joke for some reason: Did you know that white vans come with 2 dipsticks? 1 under the bonnet and 1 behind the steering wheel. *GROAN*)

It would definitely have been nice to have had a behind-the-steering-wheel view as standard, without someone having to make a patch! Only problem I've discovered (apart from the fact that the driver doesn't move!) is that the gauges don't work either (unsurprisingly). Maybe this is a bit strange, but I had lots of fun earlier being literally a back seat driver!
Attachments
Are we nearly there yet Daddy?
Are we nearly there yet Daddy?
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Interesting :P
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

More customisation, real parts, better cars, eg 350z not is300
Drift events
Legal races, I get sick of cop chases and traffic after a while
better physics.
felixworks
Ricer
Ricer

Post by felixworks »

less races more chases. you get money from chases
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

l would it return to the game the way outrun but with more than a runner greatest ,isn´t ?
Ataraxia
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ataraxia »

Some features I'd really like to see would be:
The ability to play your own MP3s/CD Audio
A replay / movie feature [no more FRAPS and sound recorders]
The option to turn off catch up [if its in there I havent found it]
A 'world' version. Race around different countries like Hot Pursuit had
More innovative pursuit breakers.

An example of the last one I thought of occured to me when I realised theres trains, and rail tracks, but they dont MOVE! Pursuit breakers or cool cinematic jumps such as getting air through open box cars or over flat bed carriages.

Prbably add more to this soon... :)
SUPERLUUKA
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SUPERLUUKA »

More diverse cosmopolitan enviroments, I understand that it is set in a city but a little more imagination next time.
More FMV scenes with interaction.

Plus the option to play as a girl.

i like the idea of being able to listen to your own music aswell.

a vinyl designer.

a manual that gives a basic idea of some of the features and aspects of the game...

three french hens,
two turtle doves,
and a partridge in a pear tree.

other than that it has been the most cinematic absorbing racer i have ever played. :)
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

Ataraxia wrote:Some features I'd really like to see would be:
The ability to play your own MP3s/CD Audio
A replay / movie feature [no more FRAPS and sound recorders]
The option to turn off catch up [if its in there I havent found it]
A 'world' version. Race around different countries like Hot Pursuit had
More innovative pursuit breakers.

An example of the last one I thought of occured to me when I realised theres trains, and rail tracks, but they dont MOVE! Pursuit breakers or cool cinematic jumps such as getting air through open box cars or over flat bed carriages.

Prbably add more to this soon... :)
i agree with you , mate !! another thing i would do to make a better MW is a way to make , or selct your profile ( with your guy or girl , your clothe , like in NFS: Porsche 2000 ) , and I want to see my character created by my, participating on the scenes, and not how we see in the most wanted that Mía is who speaks for us, would not like it?
Ataraxia
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ataraxia »

Thats what else I wanted to elaborate on! Being able to see yourself! I'm sick of seeing people talk for us or not being able to talk at all. Become a guy or girl, choose your own look. Its really not that hard to implement.

Also MORE CARS! I cant stress this enough! No more 'sports cars'. Some of the cars in the game I've never driven and never will. They're super cars and sports cars, not 'real' cars that people actually mod.

More V8's and 6's. Modding is not just a 4 cylinder affair. Mix in some more old school cars like the Camaro SS with new school cars like the BMW. [Anyone who says V8's dont make enough power to feature in these games is an idiot. The Camaro SS was not created properly in game and rubber band doesn't help. V8's can keep up with the best 4 cylinder cars.] Hell even let us model and add our own cars. Make them available through the website. I'd love to run around in a virtual model of my 1981 Datsun Sunny with new rims, paint, and a psychotic engine. :D Who wouldn't love to thrash their own real life car in the game? [Theres an awesome argument on the 'real life blurring with video games' topic here. Keep it off the streets and in your monitor by thrashing your own car in the game.]

Better cutscenes. For god sake. Jewels sucked. She drives out from under the ferris wheel, and rolls up next to me. WOO! THAT R0X0RZED! Meanwhile some like Izzy's were pretty awesome and extremely cinematic. For god sake EA use your goddamn imagination. The opening race against Razor [at the start of the game] could have won a Directors Award on its own, but some of the cutscenes after that sucked hardcore.

More downloadable content would be nice. Allow users to post their vinyls/cars/rims on the site which we can add in game through your own addon tool/plugin. Come on, its really not that hard. It would extend the life of the game past the 'Im finished...what now?' point. I know thats how I'll feel when the game is 100% complete.

Pursuit mode. 'Its already got one!' I hear you cry. Yes but you cant be a cop yourself can you? 'Ah ha!' you say 'I now see the point you were earlier trying to make!'. Imagine online races. You and your friends thrashing along, one the racer, the others cops. Which rolls into my next point...

Better multiplayer options. Get rid of this 4 player BS. Now. Do it. Throw it in the bin and dont look back. There is a whole city to play with and thats a hell of a lot of road. 10 players, maybe 12. Add to that the pursuit mode. 2 racers, 10 cops. The cops start spread out everywhere, just like the AI. One player is randomly chosen to start on a rolling start or stopped start with the chosen racer. The other cops track them down by referring to their GPS screens. Call in AI helicopters, spike strips, road blocks. You could even have 'rounds' like Counter-Strike. Smash up your cop car too badly? Become a spectator! Although this may be a moot point due to people being bloody awesome at the game and you spending 30 minutes watching that person race around evading police. Still a constant respawning and a time limit that the host chooses, would be fitting enough. Even a mix of the two. I smash my cop car hard core. I have to wait 2 minutes since the host chose that before I am reinserted into the game, somewhere close to the racers postion.

Better damage modelling. I want to see my cars front and grill get smashed in, I want to lose lights, mirrors, windscreens. I want to see damage and have to pay for it. Promotes safer driving and cost effectiveness during races. It should also affect the driving ability of your car.

Day and night races. And even better a clock and compass on your HUD. The ultimate would be a 24hr day/night cycle [albeit sped up somewhat]. Start a race as the suns going down, you may finish just as it turns dark and on come the lights. It would be awesome to have the copter flying overhead shining its spotlight on you. It could even add an extra element if the copter starts swooping you, trying to shine its light in your windscreen to temporarily blind you.

Better physics. The opening intro shows the BMW hittting the truck. Thats awesome. The truck flips, cops and cars go flying. Thats awesome. You try that in game and you get stopped almost dead. That sucks. If the intro shows something, I want to be able to do it.

I think thats it. It seems like a huge list and it is. Most of it seems impossible but really, its not that unrealistic. It would just take a little more time and effort to implement all this stuff. If I was the creative designer for EA's NFS series when Most Wanted came around I would be banging for this stuff from the get go. Hell I'd be asking for 6 more months to get all this done...

Reckon EA would have any postions open...? :)
Seriously though, what do you guys think about all this stuff?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Sounds just great, but i think we will never see a NFS game so well done.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Ataraxia, your post sums up EXACTLY my thoughts on how MW could (and should) have been better. I get b*llocked by others for saying that I think MW was disappointing compared to HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

I liked your bit about modelling your own car in the game - I'd love to be able to race in the game in either of my cars - even though one is a Turbo-Diesel :twisted:
Last edited by DarrenR21373 on 02 Feb 2006, 01:14, edited 2 times in total.
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

You know what I thought about online? Rockport. And then theres 1000+ people in it, then people have their cars on the side of the roads with a little bubble on top saying what race you're doing and then you drive to the driving start... and then some people can be cops and some people could be on teams and then they'd chase em around, like that, or some people could just screw around and chill with friends on the highway... You know what I mean, like in real life. And then when you're looking for races around everywhere you see four cars zoom by you hoping they won't hit you... but then that wouldn't work since everyone's internet connection is different and blah blah blah. I had a dream about what I just wrote...
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
pussyblaster
Ricer
Ricer

Post by pussyblaster »

wow dude, THAT's what i call a dream!! it's just great, yeah... i imagine myself that... oohhh man... everybody chasing eachother 8)
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

Ataraxia wrote:Thats what else I wanted to elaborate on! Being able to see yourself! I'm sick of seeing people talk for us or not being able to talk at all. Become a guy or girl, choose your own look. Its really not that hard to implement.

Also MORE CARS! I cant stress this enough! No more 'sports cars'. Some of the cars in the game I've never driven and never will. They're super cars and sports cars, not 'real' cars that people actually mod.

More V8's and 6's. Modding is not just a 4 cylinder affair. Mix in some more old school cars like the Camaro SS with new school cars like the BMW. [Anyone who says V8's dont make enough power to feature in these games is an idiot. The Camaro SS was not created properly in game and rubber band doesn't help. V8's can keep up with the best 4 cylinder cars.] Hell even let us model and add our own cars. Make them available through the website. I'd love to run around in a virtual model of my 1981 Datsun Sunny with new rims, paint, and a psychotic engine. :D Who wouldn't love to thrash their own real life car in the game? [Theres an awesome argument on the 'real life blurring with video games' topic here. Keep it off the streets and in your monitor by thrashing your own car in the game.]

Better cutscenes. For god sake. Jewels sucked. She drives out from under the ferris wheel, and rolls up next to me. WOO! THAT R0X0RZED! Meanwhile some like Izzy's were pretty awesome and extremely cinematic. For god sake EA use your goddamn imagination. The opening race against Razor [at the start of the game] could have won a Directors Award on its own, but some of the cutscenes after that sucked hardcore.

More downloadable content would be nice. Allow users to post their vinyls/cars/rims on the site which we can add in game through your own addon tool/plugin. Come on, its really not that hard. It would extend the life of the game past the 'Im finished...what now?' point. I know thats how I'll feel when the game is 100% complete.

Pursuit mode. 'Its already got one!' I hear you cry. Yes but you cant be a cop yourself can you? 'Ah ha!' you say 'I now see the point you were earlier trying to make!'. Imagine online races. You and your friends thrashing along, one the racer, the others cops. Which rolls into my next point...

Better multiplayer options. Get rid of this 4 player BS. Now. Do it. Throw it in the bin and dont look back. There is a whole city to play with and thats a hell of a lot of road. 10 players, maybe 12. Add to that the pursuit mode. 2 racers, 10 cops. The cops start spread out everywhere, just like the AI. One player is randomly chosen to start on a rolling start or stopped start with the chosen racer. The other cops track them down by referring to their GPS screens. Call in AI helicopters, spike strips, road blocks. You could even have 'rounds' like Counter-Strike. Smash up your cop car too badly? Become a spectator! Although this may be a moot point due to people being bloody awesome at the game and you spending 30 minutes watching that person race around evading police. Still a constant respawning and a time limit that the host chooses, would be fitting enough. Even a mix of the two. I smash my cop car hard core. I have to wait 2 minutes since the host chose that before I am reinserted into the game, somewhere close to the racers postion.

Better damage modelling. I want to see my cars front and grill get smashed in, I want to lose lights, mirrors, windscreens. I want to see damage and have to pay for it. Promotes safer driving and cost effectiveness during races. It should also affect the driving ability of your car.

Day and night races. And even better a clock and compass on your HUD. The ultimate would be a 24hr day/night cycle [albeit sped up somewhat]. Start a race as the suns going down, you may finish just as it turns dark and on come the lights. It would be awesome to have the copter flying overhead shining its spotlight on you. It could even add an extra element if the copter starts swooping you, trying to shine its light in your windscreen to temporarily blind you.

Better physics. The opening intro shows the BMW hittting the truck. Thats awesome. The truck flips, cops and cars go flying. Thats awesome. You try that in game and you get stopped almost dead. That sucks. If the intro shows something, I want to be able to do it.

I think thats it. It seems like a huge list and it is. Most of it seems impossible but really, its not that unrealistic. It would just take a little more time and effort to implement all this stuff. If I was the creative designer for EA's NFS series when Most Wanted came around I would be banging for this stuff from the get go. Hell I'd be asking for 6 more months to get all this done...

Reckon EA would have any postions open...? :)
Seriously though, what do you guys think about all this stuff?
Brother, your words really moved me, I agree totally, more than anything in the part of the damages, and the way multiplayer, really that you would be an excellent designer for the next NFS, greetings of SKYLINE.
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

Ataraxia that is brilliant.8)
I like your multiplayer ideas, I thought the same thing but I was yo lazy to type it. I think that taking the supercars, and sports cars would be kinda whack though. I mean the reason I, and I'm sure alot of other people, play racing games, is to test out the newest supercars and prototypes. I think the sportscars should stay in. As for customizing , I agree that they should implement real aftermaraket parts, not just performance, but boydykits as well. I would love to put a RUF tuned porche 911 Turbo against a Veilside tuned Supra. I think the aftermarket parts and equipment should have realworld effects. For instance, you should have a choice of putting on a supercharger or turbo for your cars if there are any aftermarket makers that make that part for it and they should react differently. Also I think that if you have your turbo tuned IS 300, you might have the same horses as a corvette , but you shouldn't be able to keep up in a circuit race, you wouldnt be able to keep the car in a straight line. I mean no matter how light I make a car, even if I put in a professional suspension, or add a roll cage, a little Peugot isn't made to have 650-700 horses and 600lbs of torque, I'm still not gonna be able to dirve it competively. I would like more customization in terms of vinyls too. I mean, NFU2 has superior customizing IMO. As for the be the cop idea that's awesome. Maybe you could even design your own cop car, something like the murcialago from NFSHP2. :twisted:
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

Get rid of online peformance matching, or make it optional for ranked races, so that the faster cars aren't detuned to the level of the lowly BMW M3 GTR.

Add the replay system that was already partially done into the game.
Ataraxia
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ataraxia »

Thanks for the support guys! :D Hopefully EA will take notice of this...

Return to “Most Wanted”