Wheel Not Detected in NFSMW

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
605Scorpion
Stock
Stock

Wheel Not Detected in NFSMW

Post by 605Scorpion »

Sorry about only joining a site because of a support issue, but I really don't know what to do. I got NFS:MW awhile ago, beat it, enjoyed it etc. I did this all with the keyboard whilst a perfectly good racing wheel sat unusable beside me. I have a Saitek R220 (blue light version) which worked perfectly with NFS:U2, but now it's not even detected with NFS:MW. I remember awhile ago I tried messing around with drivers and such, and I was able to get MW to accept input from my wheel, but it still did not have it's own profile under controls. I would just be under "Microsoft Sidewinder 2", click a command, move the wheel, and it would work (I think). It was very hit and miss, and several things didn't work, but overall I think it's silly that MW recognizes a joystick but not a wheel. :roll: Is there any hope? :cry:
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Yes it is! Did you adjust your wheel in control Panel?
Or try when you are seting controls when game says press key for "Left" you turn your wheel left! Try that hope that will help!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
605Scorpion
Stock
Stock

Post by 605Scorpion »

I feel like a total fool. I've never actually tried to use my R220 on my laptop; I've only used it on my gaming rig. The R220 shows up perfectly on my laptop... :oops: Albeit assigning the brake/reverse to the left pedal isn't quite right. However the axis switching drivers should do the trick. All of this accounted for, however, this makes detection on my gaming rig even more of a mystery. Surely it cannot be the fault of any software - Need for Speed, Windows or otherwise; this must be a hardware issue.

Is there any chance any of this could be causing a problem?
  • AMD 64 3000+
  • MSI K8N Neo
  • 1024 Corsair DDR
  • BFG 6800 (mfg. OC)
At any rate, please pardon my stupidity. :oops:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I'm assuming the wheel is USB. do any other USB devices create problems on your system? have you tried plugging it in to a different port and then reinstalling the drivers and software?
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

I doubt that config. is the problem Scorpion.
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
605Scorpion
Stock
Stock

Post by 605Scorpion »

I believe that my Sidewinder 2 conflicts with my R220. I had never thought to even suspect this, as my Sidewinder 2 has worked perfectly with just about every other game imaginable. Even Halo! For the moment it seems my R220 is working with NFS:MW on both of my platforms - laptop and PC - when the Sidewinder is not present. I'll do some more poking around to see what comes of it. :)

Assuming this is the problem, is there a way to force Most Wanted to ignore the Sidewinder? Without just unplugging the USB, of course. :roll: Too bad they can't just get along... :roll:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

it's possible that multiple game controllers can throw certain games off whack. the only way i can think of to temporarily disable your sidewinder is to go to the Device Manager and see if you can find it. If you can find it, you can disable it.

Return to “Help & Support”