NFSUnlimited.net's NFS Carbon Q&A

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSUnlimited.net's NFS Carbon Q&A

Post by Bojan »

We managed to get a Q&A session with the producers of Need for Speed Carbon and with a total of 10 questions asked and answered we bring you exclusive new information about Need for Speed Carbon.
We asked about police and found out that the experience will be nothing but better with geography heat - the more you cause trouble in specific area, the more will cops will chase you in that specific area. Our next questions were regarding the story and cheating which will both once again offer a better experience than Most Wanted. You'll get to know about performance tuning and how different branded performance parts will finally have an impact on car performance. Also we asked about catch up and the more humanly aspects of game developments. The developers are actually involved in real office fights!

> Read the whole article.
Gotcha
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gotcha »

Off-topic post removed by a moderator.
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

ontopic:

it really sounds like they actually listened to the fans of the previous NFS series. Sounds like they really got into the details of, well, everything.

this game keeps on getting better....
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

I really like what I hear when it comes to chases after races *finally, they don't see us as the only target*, and how the catch-up effect might change.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Awesome...this site just gets better and better :mrgreen:
NFSUnlimited.net: Features like 'catch-up' and performance matching in recent games have gamers crying foul. Does this philosophy continue in Carbon?
Kristian von Fersen: We've spent a lot of time this year balancing the AI and tuning the various car classes and tiers within them. Overall, I think that players will notice a much more realistic experience based on the different performance levels of the cars. For instance, it makes sense that a car such as the Mazda RX8 can't keep up with a car like a Lamborghini Murciélago and vice versa. As players progress through the game, they'll reach certain points where the car they're driving just can't quite compete with the competition and they'll have to head to the car lot to make a step up in performance. I think this is a key difference from Most Wanted where you could, through the use of upgrades, make a low end car that could compete with some of the fastest cars in the game.
Finally ...Ive been waiting for this for a long time....
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

t3ice wrote:Awesome...this site just gets better and better :mrgreen:
NFSUnlimited.net: Features like 'catch-up' and performance matching in recent games have gamers crying foul. Does this philosophy continue in Carbon?
Kristian von Fersen: We've spent a lot of time this year balancing the AI and tuning the various car classes and tiers within them. Overall, I think that players will notice a much more realistic experience based on the different performance levels of the cars. For instance, it makes sense that a car such as the Mazda RX8 can't keep up with a car like a Lamborghini Murciélago and vice versa. As players progress through the game, they'll reach certain points where the car they're driving just can't quite compete with the competition and they'll have to head to the car lot to make a step up in performance. I think this is a key difference from Most Wanted where you could, through the use of upgrades, make a low end car that could compete with some of the fastest cars in the game.
Finally ...Ive been waiting for this for a long time....
haven't we all?
dawnpatrolrjl1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by dawnpatrolrjl1 »

That's awesome that now they listened to fans and stuff to make the game better ... :)
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

sounds great, thanks for the update Bojan :D
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Bobyx 4tw :)

EDIT: Just re-read and one thing made me sad. Its the part when they say that youll need to change cars in order to win races. Reminds me of NFSU1 where you needed to make yr car look like an ice-cream truck to enter a race with xx star reputation.

I mean cmon, if you spend 200k $ on a Golf it will chew up any exotic. Thats just dumb.....if you choose a tuner car youll end up doomed by some exotic at later stages.
Zenith Mist
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Zenith Mist »

i agree with abrams to an extent, performence tuning a car will allow it to out do a stock exotic, but what about a tuned exotic?
and about the QnA, it just keeps getting better and better, i cannot wait anymore for this game to come out!
Athlon64 X2 4400+ (OC@2.5Ghz)
2GBCorsairTwinX 2-3-3-6
2x256MB Sapphire x1600XT Crossfire
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

nice interview man. but omg. why the heck do they still have performance packages. I hate packages...4 boxes for a certain performance section and your done hooking up your car. Really annoying.

[]edit[]

Kristian von Fersen: It makes sense that a car such as the Mazda RX8 can't keep up with a car like a Lamborghini Murciélago and vice versa. As players progress through the game, they'll reach certain points where the car they're driving just can't quite compete with the competition and they'll have to head to the car lot to make a step up in performance.
lol crying foul. good one bojan. and what kristian said, =O, i think shes thinking a stock rx8 vs a stock murcielago and you head to the car lot to make a step up in performance to get the rx8 to still beat the murcielago.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Zenith Mist wrote:i agree with abrams to an extent, performence tuning a car will allow it to out do a stock exotic, but what about a tuned exotic?
and about the QnA, it just keeps getting better and better, i cannot wait anymore for this game to come out!

You never get same amount of power % increase from exotic as you can from tuner. Hence you certainly wont start replacing interior panels of an exotic or the seats, any normal mechanic will look at you like yr insane or something.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Flameking wrote:lol crying foul. good one bojan. and what kristian said, =O, i think shes thinking a stock rx8 vs a stock murcielago and you head to the car lot to make a step up in performance to get the rx8 to still beat the murcielago.
The last part of that answer suggests otherwise.
Kristian von Fersen wrote:I think this is a key difference from Most Wanted where you could, through the use of upgrades, make a low end car that could compete with some of the fastest cars in the game.
I'm LOVING the ideas of the cop experience in Carbon. Cops frequent places you race frequently, they chase after racers other than you, etc. Sounds really awesome.

Also loving the more realistic performance customization. Though it's probably still not going to be as in depth as Underground 2, it'll still be better than Most Wanted.

And finally, if they really live up to their word about the Catch-up feature, Carbon really will shape up to be a major overhaul from Most Wanted.

Awesome interview, Bojan.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Awesome interview but here's one question I haven't seen asked:
- Will NFS Carbon support the motion-sensing controls of the PS3?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Yeah we could ask that... but I doubt any of us even know what that is... If not mistaken the only Playstation player in your team is GT. (Bojan and I play on the 360 and the rest??)
So we didn't think about that, and the interview is based on NFS Carbon in general, not platform specific.
I like the not being able to beat a high end exotic in a tuner.
Cause stuff like beating a Porsche Carrera GT with a Fiat Punto is rediculous.
There is a simple reason:
you can pump alot of money into a car like a Punto or a Golf, but you will reach a max to what horsepower the engine can really take,
Same goes for handling, you can lighten a car like a golf, and you can improve the suspension, but you can't change the aerodynamics much more then what the basic model of the car is without completely changing the car.
you have to do alot of stuff to even beat a stock Carrera GT on a track, streight line performance is a diffirent question, there it is almost all about horsepower, torque and grip
Aerodynamics don't matter very much and downforce is something you don't always want there.

Sorry for the offtopic part (please don't make this a whole discussion, this topic is about the interview and anything in it.
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

This might accually be a very nice game. I hope there is no catch.

By the way, nice questions. No other website asked the questions you asked.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Probably a reason why these questions were asked. We have a lot of very smart and intelligent moderators :wink:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

TheStig wrote:I like the not being able to beat a high end exotic in a tuner.
Cause stuff like beating a Porsche Carrera GT with a Fiat Punto is rediculous.
Indeed, from what the dude said, it sounds good but I'm still seeing in the videos Golfs racing Lamborghinis...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Never said anything about a Golf not being able to race a Lamborghini. It can happen, the Golf will just get smoked.

And the driver in that video wasn't that good either.
Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zonda_Z »

This is so so so so good ,and so happy to see an update , thanks Bojan :D
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

NFSUnlimited.net: How about performance tuning? More like NFSU2 with a dyno or simpler like in NFSMW?

Mat Thomas: Each part package has a number of different brands to choose from and the player can pick one of three selections for each part. Selecting different parts will affect a slider that shows what sort of result you will get in each category. For example you can select transmission parts which will let you tune your car for a higher top speed at the expense of some acceleration. While it is still quite simple to use, the performance tuning allows players to get the most out of their car or adapt it to their specific driving style.
I'm confused. Does he mean that selecting a certain combo of parts will dictate what performance you get?
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

Very happy about the tweaked car performance. It's just wrong how you could take the Mk5 Golf in MW and totally smash a Ford GT with it. This is a feature that has needed a change since the first Underground.
Burn-Exhaust
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Burn-Exhaust »

Cool and TKS for News =D>
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

WonkaVW wrote:Very happy about the tweaked car performance. It's just wrong how you could take the Mk5 Golf in MW and totally smash a Ford GT with it. This is a feature that has needed a change since the first Underground.
So you say that a tuned to the max golf wont keep up with Ford GT? lmao, dude, first of all exotics are alot heavier wich means that their bhp isnt goin to take over when racing against a light-weight tuner wich got its engine invested like the Ford GT itself costs.
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

Abrams wrote:
WonkaVW wrote:Very happy about the tweaked car performance. It's just wrong how you could take the Mk5 Golf in MW and totally smash a Ford GT with it. This is a feature that has needed a change since the first Underground.
So you say that a tuned to the max golf wont keep up with Ford GT? lmao, dude, first of all exotics are alot heavier wich means that their bhp isnt goin to take over when racing against a light-weight tuner wich got its engine invested like the Ford GT itself costs.
You'd have to change the golf so intens that you couldn't even call it a golf!!
BTW, you sad that exotics are a lot heavier than fully tuned golfs. An exotic is that heavy because of its engine, drivetrain,... well about anything that will transfer the power to the road..
A maxxed out golf's engine will also be that heavy...(allright, maybe tad lighter...)

lets get ontopic again...
great interview, it gives a really good vision of how the game's gonna be
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?

Return to “News”