Xbox360 Demo available

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Schumifreak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Schumifreak »

I think the demo looks very good, but the way they worked out the drifting doesn't satisfy me :evil: It's VERY unrealistic... Drifting in UG and UG2 was much, much better!
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

Schumifreak wrote:I think the demo looks very good, but the way they worked out the drifting doesn't satisfy me :evil: It's VERY unrealistic... Drifting in UG and UG2 was much, much better!
Maybe that is why the people playing drift kept crashing. The physics were usrealalistic and different from the other NFS games. :roll: Therefore, they weren't used to it. I have a feeling drifting is gonna suck. I KNEW there was a catch. :lol:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Drifting is completely different than in UG... Very long tracks, very fast, different control of the car. Takes a lot of getting used to.

I was positively surprised with canyon racing though. Great drive feel - little bit of braking and ideal line drive is necessary for a good race. Especially fun is actually trying to overtake the opponent in the first run!
xXBlackcatXx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xXBlackcatXx »

Hi,guys...Looks like the guys on EA forum said the demo can be out until this holiday, BUT it's not certainly (more probably to be released in the next week)... :(

Sorry for my English :oops:
Muscle Car
Stock
Stock

Post by Muscle Car »

YeeeeHaaaaaa that roacks man :D:D:D:D
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

And what about Autosculpt? Not a single comment, I presume it means that it either sucks or is meaningless Image

How many parts can be modded, and how deep, and... how many zones per part. Give us the numbers!

Also.. how cool is driving through zones with total darkness? It has to be like in old NFS games Image
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
nismodriftster95
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: On my Recaro racing seats blowing past the Cornado bridge in San Diego Califorinia!!

Post by nismodriftster95 »

Is the demo for Xbox 1 too, because I have one and on nfsplanet it says it's for Xbox 1. Here's the link:http://www.nfsplanet.com/main.php?lang=eng scroll down
"Slower cars are friends, not food" Finding Nismo ;)
dawnpatrolrjl1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by dawnpatrolrjl1 »

Bojan is it more realistic?? Such as you can feel oversteer and understeer and stuff... or you just q' can take a turn at 300 km/h... :?
Supra_Tuner
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Supra_Tuner »

any screens guys :)?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Don't rush them! Let them soak and experience Carbon first!
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

nismodriftster95 wrote:Is the demo for Xbox 1 too, because I have one and on nfsplanet it says it's for Xbox 1. Here's the link:http://www.nfsplanet.com/main.php?lang=eng scroll down
Ahem, XBOX 180. 8)

Does the demo have the photo mode in it?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Doubt it, since on the consoles, Photo Mode uploads the pics directly to the EA server.
dln
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dln »

SP4RCO wrote:And what about Autosculpt? Not a single comment, I presume it means that it either sucks or is meaningless

How many parts can be modded, and how deep, and... how many zones per part. Give us the numbers!
hey guys i'm new here (obviously). been lurking for a couple weeks though.

anyways, my roomate has an xbox 360 which i've played the carbon demo on.

from memory, you can auto sculpt:
front bumper - 3 zones
rear bumper - 3
skirt - 2
rims - 9
spoiler - 4, i think
hood - at least 4, it *might* be different for the different classes
exhaust tips - 1
chop top (camaro only) - 1

you only get one of each body part (you cant change spoilers rims, etc), so it seems pretty limited. you cant change paint, vinyls, etc either. of course this will be completely different in the full game. basically, autosculpt in the demo is just a very small taste of what you should be able to do in the full game.

as far as the cars themselves, they're pretty much what you'd expect
camaro-good accel, crappy handling
evo-good handling, crappy accel
gallardo-between the two
(based on how they actually drive, not their specific stats)

the circuit race is pretty straitforward, only real things of note are the greater numbers of cars compared to previous games (~15 i think) and that shortcuts dont show up on the map.

the drift race is much more interesting. i think i'm still figuring out how exactly it works. basically, speed and not hitting the walls are the most important things. swerving back and forth does not work well, you need to drift "with" the turn.
as you keep drifiting, you will get a multiplier off to the side, the way i think it works is that if you end the drift regularly (dont hit a wall), the multiplier is applied to your points and the result is added to your score, whereas if you hit the wall, you just get the points without the multiplier (not 100% certain, but pretty sure that you still get the points). when you have a x6 multiplier, the difference is of course very significant.
also, on certain sections of the track there is a red line across it (no, i'm not talking about the bonus zones). it seems that whenever you cross this, your drift automatically ends (with multiplier applied) and you get a second of straight track to recover before heading into another series of turns. you can use nitrous in drift but not speedbreaker. my best score for drift so far is 116k (although i noticed its already been beaten in the ps2 demo). my best single, unbroken drift is about 60k. the 3 ai drivers typically get ~50k, 20-30k, and 20-25k respectively.

the canyon duel is pretty straitforward too. you cant use nitrous or speedbreaker, and you *will* need to slow down or brake for the turns even with the tuners. only certain sections of the track have breakable edges. for the record (i'm sure it will be easily broken), my best score for the first part is 125k, after the second part it was down to 25k. (the first time i played it, i crashed off the edge almost immediately. the first time i won it, it was only by about 500 pts). btw, at the beginning of the canyon duel there is an unskippable intro scene every time you play it (unless you lose and hit retry). hopefully this will be changed in the fullgame, its rather annoying.

i cant wait to try canyon drift.

as far as the photos, i didn't notice anything about it, but i can't say for sure its not there.

oh, and i've only played most wanted, so i cant compare it to underground, sorry.
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by krist »

Man i just tried this out at my friend's joint...all i cant say is i'm glad i pre-ordered :lol:

This is gonna be one hell of a game i was very impressed! The controls still fell kinda sluggish like in m ost wanted but never the less its awsome!

8)
chemicalcode
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by chemicalcode »

played through the demo a few times and it's a welcome return to form, glad to have the old neon light streets back the drifting is a bit tricky to get used to but then it wasn't my favourite part of UG1 & UG2 but the canyon racing was surprizingly more fun than I thought it would be I liked the nice touches with the camera movement as you got closer to the edge, and I can't wait to be able to upload my pics from the 360. p.s hope the showroom goes back to how SR2 was :wink:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

come on guys, it's the SAME PS2 demo, just for Xbox360 and with cool graphics that's all.......
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

That's probably right... most people probably just didn't bother to go through the trouble of downloading the PS2 demo onto a disc.

Return to “News”