Next Need for Speed Rumours

The news visible on the main page
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Next Need for Speed Rumours

Post by Bojan »

A czech Need for Speed Fansite nfsgame.net posted what is supposed to be an interview with EA regarding the next Need for Speed Game. We cannot confirm if the information is true, but nevertheless it is an interesting read.

It starts with basically a statement that NFSC will no longer be patched and that the team is focusing on the next game from the series which is supposed to be announced in January. You probably remember the FHM selection of the next Need for Speed model. Unfortunatly our Laura Southgate has not made it to the finals, the other models out of the competition are Emma Thomas, Shannan, Sarah Mathers and AshleighMcKenzie. That means you can still support Sandra (who by the way almost made our GT3x24x7 have a heart attack).

The article also says that the handling of the game will change drastically in making it hybrid between a arcade game and a realistic game like the GT series. More info should be published in spring and on the '07 Games Convetion.

Original article is available here.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Next Need for Speed Rumours

Post by 93360 »

Bojan wrote:the handling of the game will change drastically in making it hybrid between a arcade game and a realistic game like the GT series.
so... it will handle like an nfs game... great, thats new! lol
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

So will it drive like Underground 2? That stinks, I liked the way MW + Carbon felt, arcade style with cops won't mix well. :(
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

sounds promising

its modification I'm mainly concerned about, they better get it right this time :P
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

[Sarcasm] Hmm, anyone else surprised that they aren't going to fix Carbon any further? [/Sarcasm]

I hope they will at least test NFS11 properly before release. If the Canadians can't test it properly, get the US or UK testers to do it!
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I say the Japanese. They make sure a product works right before releasing. (and yes Im serious :P)
dawnpatrolrjl1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by dawnpatrolrjl1 »

Tottaly agree it should be the japanese!! 8)
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

mmmmm, this hasn't make me feel good....is EA going to screw it up again??? :roll:
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

yea the japanese would do good in testing if there's glitch and bugs, but i also think they have fresh ideas for it
BenGAMES
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BenGAMES »

cool news, but probably not so much true.. and bad news Laura didn't made it to the finals, but good news Sandra and Ashleigh did!
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

but right now.. they aint said nothing about modifications... will there be any in the NFS11... ... They better be or they will lose money
Explicit signature removed.
shadow665
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by shadow665 »

another need for speed alllready btw GT3x24x7 allomst had a heart attack
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

I hope it won't have modifcations, death to ricers! Just joking, of course modifying cars isn't just for ricers >.> I think it's time we get an oldschool NFSesqeue game.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

RavenGT wrote:I hope it won't have modifcations, death to ricers! Just joking, of course modifying cars isn't just for ricers >.> I think it's time we get an oldschool NFSesqeue game.
EA is focusing on young ppl that liked F&F series.... :wink:
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

yeh but they sort of went astray..the new games are rubbish :P

If you ask me, rockstar games should make the next nfs game lol..they should buy out EA and the licenses, and give the next nfs a midnight club-style feel, with open city races, and an immersive storyline, not forgetting the amazing cars like in dub edition.
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by krist »

This is BS, EA is not even giving carbon a chance to be fixed...a new NFS is coming out like every 3 months...take time and fix one of em! downloadable content? new vynils?

Do something EA!

sick of buyin new games...
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

krist wrote:This is BS, EA is not even giving carbon a chance to be fixed...a new NFS is coming out like every 3 months...take time and fix one of em! downloadable content? new vynils?

Do something EA!

More like actually finish the game and test it before releasing it instead of worrying about patching, which they obviously didnt do either...
korge
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

krist wrote:This is BS, EA is not even giving carbon a chance to be fixed...a new NFS is coming out like every 3 months...take time and fix one of em! downloadable content? new vynils?

Do something EA!

However, EA will never get sick of people perpetually buying their new titles. If they lose a few people due to lack of quality, they'll keep doing what they're doing. But only as long as their current practices, quantity over quality, proves to bring in more revenue and higher profits.

They likely bank on the brand name appeal of all their titles, count on a hardcore audience that'll continue buying and playing their games, and that it's just good enough that people will still play the games, despite their shortcomings.

If they made their target earnings for that game, why invest anything more into it? Why pay coders to fix a game that people have bought and are playing? Why pay to maintain their leaderboards? They have our money. And for the most part, they'll get more money from many of us when the next title in the series comes out.

EA has grown to the point where they can easily stick to the policy of spend as little as possible to maximize as much profits as possible. It seems to work for them, or else they'd be forced to change their approach.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Hit the nail on the head entirely...

Ill be saving this post for future reference..

http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 709#270709
korge
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

Do something EA!

they dont care. as long as it made decent sales with the locked cars, tons of bugs and glitches they think its all right

i think ill wait on EA until they make a decent game and wont buy another NFS game until it gets godly scores from game journalists. i cant stand to be tricked to buy EA's 10 second trash
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

:shock:

And then when it comes out, Ea will drop a bomb on all of us.. making one of the worst games yet to come. Yey.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I hope there will be realistic performance. And more like the classics.
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BEEFKING69 »

I think they should remake hot pursuit and high stakes with modern graphics, sounds and physics.
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by krist »

Like honestly and all...i bought carbon and Most wanted WITHOUT testing them first...and i am satisfied you know i got no complaints great games and i got my fun out of them..but this is getting ridiculous, i have like 30 minutes of online time on carbon and like 10 hours on MW and a new game is already coming out?

I'd prefer if they did it Polyphony's way (creators of gran turismo), which is massive waiting for the next game, which means youre stuck with one old but good game since its been made with heaps of tests and lots of extra features. WHICH also means you get to like master the game before a new one comes out which you know gives you more to do. i'd rather buy Gran Turismo 3, master it, buy Gran turismo 4, master it, and by then have money to buy a ps3 and master the next one...

Another example is Tekken 5, like 3 months after it came out 5.1 came out, then 5.2 THEN Tekken 5 DR...nobody except the hardcore asian fellas who live in the arcades got to grasp the new system and moves that were in the game...i still have Tekken 5 and am still trying to get decent..

While NFS series is like making 3 games a year, whch have plenty of bugs that can be eliminated with like another 3 months of testing and tweaking...i know it dont mean much to EA but they should try to focus on quality...because if they dont you will soon see, if its not already happening that more of the people will just pirate...and thats not right, games should be respected for the work put in them and their quality.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

I think that the NFS series is suffering from *migration sickness* to the newer consoles; upgraded graphics, downgraded gameplay. :roll:
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."

Return to “News”