"Roleplaying" in NFS Games

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Pigbenis
Drift King
Drift King

"Roleplaying" in NFS Games

Post by Pigbenis »

I'm being completely serios now. Ironic, sarcastic, unserious posts are disliked,
and all attempts to humiliate me is gladly ignored.

You see, when I play NFS Games - preferable Free Roam ones - I often tend to do some "roleplaying" in my own, maybe crazy, mind.
It started out in NFS 5 if I'm not remember it wrong. I was with my cousins, and we had a wheel, and I pretended I was giving them a ride to different shops and stuff on the Monte Carlo tracks.
And I started doing it again, alone though, when NFS U2 came out and been doing it ever since.

Sometimes I take the role as a dad, giving his son a ride to his friend or something, with a really fancy pants car.
This friend thinks it's an awesome car, and we go drive really fast on the highway, or something.

Sometimes more complex things, like me starting on the airport and I'm a professional killer or something, then I pretend I go to houses and... well... kill people. Get to another house to get payed. Maybe I'll get fooled and there's a car chase started and blah, blah blah.

I do this in GTA games, which of course is easier. But NFS games got better cars... so... Yeah.

So anyways;
Is anyone else doing this, 'cause I honestly think it's a bit.. suspicious.
And maybe share with your own mindroleplayinggames :)

I'm being completely serios now. Ironic, sarcastic, unserious posts are disliked,
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: "Roleplaying" in NFS Games

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Pigbenis wrote:I'm being completely serios now. Ironic, sarcastic, unserious posts are disliked,

You see, when I play NFS Games - preferable Free Roam ones - I often tend to do some "roleplaying" in my own, maybe crazy, mind.
It started out in NFS 5 if I'm not remember it wrong. I was with my cousins, and we had a wheel, and I pretended I was giving them a ride to different shops and stuff on the Monte Carlo tracks.
And I started doing it again, alone though, when NFS U2 came out and been doing it ever since.

Sometimes I take the role as a dad, giving his son a ride to his friend or something, with a really fancy pants car.
This friend thinks it's an awesome car, and we go drive really fast on the highway, or something.

Sometimes more complex things, like me starting on the airport and I'm a professional killer or something, then I pretend I go to houses and... well... kill people. Get to another house to get payed. Maybe I'll get fooled and there's a car chase started and blah, blah blah.

I do this in GTA games, which of course is easier. But NFS games got better cars... so... Yeah.

So anyways;
Is anyone else doing this, 'cause I honestly think it's a bit.. suspicious.
And maybe share with your own mindroleplayinggames :)

I...Do that too! Though I was the only one 8) 8-[
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Me too...In Underground 2 and Hot Pursuit.I drove my car from the warehouse in the NFSU2 to the airport...
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i do a lot of mind roll playing in nfs games as well.
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

Unfortunately so do I, when I am forced to make my sister happy (due to me never doing so) she does this stupid stuff about going to the store or something...

I hate it, but I wouldn't criticize anybody for it. :)
MrPalmont
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MrPalmont »

I do "rolepalying" too. I started since U1 came out. For me role playing doesn't mean to drive only on freeroam. I thought about myself that it was a bit childlish to do. But anyway, I can imagine that somebody calls me to pick him up, cause his fuel tank is almost empty. And he have cops on his tail. And I come and "save his life "and stuff like that. It's very fun what you have in Carbon and U2 that you can just challenge a single guy and drive with him. Also my favorite stuff to do is to make cars from movies and take similae tracks. Like making some cars from "Tokyo Drift" and imagine that you are one of characters from the movie.

I think that when you do a roll playing, it's absolutly ok. That means that you are really interested in the game you play and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

BTW: I think that it was really brave of you,Pigbenis, to make a topic like that :)
Darth Meatloaf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Darth Meatloaf »

I haven't accually thought of that and It sound like fun.
i think I am going to try it out, make free roam a little more enjoyable

please note that I am Not trying to make fun of you and I was serious
Last edited by Darth Meatloaf on 05 Jan 2007, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
Pigbenis
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pigbenis »

\o/
I'm not crazy.

I do these moviecharacters too.
The Dukes Of Hazard guys being the latest, in Carbon that is.

And saving someone's life with cops on me tail sounds like fun.
I'm so gonna take that idea and try it out sometime.

This is awesome!
canhoto
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by canhoto »

i did that too in mw...ever since i got my evo to look like the one from 2f2f, i started to pretend i was a character from the movie
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

Dunno if this counts but sometimes make specail cars like a focus cosworth or whatever :)
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

^ sick dude!!.. i always though i was the only one doing this stuff...AND now i know im not the only being immature and kiddy, just cuz i dont have a real car .. YaY !!
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

I think its a good idea, especialiy in nfsu2, injects some new life into an old game if your bored
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

Darth Meatloaf wrote:I haven't accually thought of that and It sound like fun.
i think I am going to try it out, make free roam a little more enjoyable

please note that I am Not trying to make fun of you and I was serious
same
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

ROFL... I usually talk to myself as if Im telling my team racer(carbon) what to do in the race or do my own miniraces in free roam..
korge
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

interesting
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

I used to do it in most games which have free roam. It makes the game(s) alot more fun. Knowing myself im gonna do it again. Seem as though so many people do we should post fun things to do (nfs ofc).
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Sounds like you guys are just bored. I never use Free Roam.. I just played the Career to unlock all parts, then I tuned some cars.. Now I don't the play the game at all :P. When I'm bored I just go play another game.
MrPalmont
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MrPalmont »

Tyrant wrote:Sounds like you guys are just bored. I never use Free Roam.. I just played the Career to unlock all parts, then I tuned some cars.. Now I don't the play the game at all :P. When I'm bored I just go play another game.
Those people who do "Rollplaying" have just big imagination. That's good I think.

They can't make a new game, so they begin to make some stories in their head to make the game much more funnier than it is.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

No. Although I do shout funny commentary when my friends and I are playing.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

roleplaying

Post by race_invader »

Oh yeah i do alot everytime even in other games to like medal of honor....

In NFS U2 and NFS MW i buy a stock car and have interior view and from there i just try and think really hard on what i can afford as in real life, like say if i have enough money to get bodykits or rims i have to make that decision just like real life (if you get what i mean :lol: )

Test Drive Unlimited is good for roleplaying too btw :)
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ agree I reckon its fun :)
nismodriftster95
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: On my Recaro racing seats blowing past the Cornado bridge in San Diego Califorinia!!

Post by nismodriftster95 »

I do that with hotwheels lol. I am serious to.
"Slower cars are friends, not food" Finding Nismo ;)
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

I built a concept car, and pretended that I couldnt hit a wall, or car, or anything, as I had to deliver it to the warehouse in immaculate condition, yet I still had a time limit- that was some nifty driving I had to do

=)

Great idea for a thread PB, good thinking.
-hidden-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by -hidden- »

lol i do the exact same thing, but usually in gt4, and ill take my kid drifting or driving high speed. Whenever he gets scared i slow a bit O_o. Maybe were both mental.
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

nismodriftster95 wrote:I do that with hotwheels lol. I am serious to.
i sometimes do that too...

Return to “Carbon”