Gran Turismo 4

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Gran Turismo 4

Post by GT3x24x7 »

First, up big thanks to bobyx for putting this forum up! Good onya mate!!

Ok ppl, by all accounts, this is gonna be THE BEST racing sim ever, ever produced. Going by the success of GT3, I don't doubt it!! Here's a few screens for ya'll..
Attachments
Viper.jpg
(67.09 KiB) Downloaded 1123 times
Scoob.jpg
(63.2 KiB) Downloaded 1143 times
Skyline.jpg
(33.72 KiB) Downloaded 1163 times
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

And one more - just had to get this in - check the scenery and the track textures - ooh ahh! :D
Attachments
Scenic.jpg
(60.37 KiB) Downloaded 8264 times
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

this falls under.... holy shiznit.... :D man that looks stunning
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Doesn't it just! Thinking about that PS2 yet mate?? There's no doubt what I'll be doing as soon as it's released...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

well maybe I should man, is this in game or movies??
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

does that skyline look familiar? :roll:
Attachments
race.jpg
(40.66 KiB) Downloaded 8239 times
xanavi nismo.jpg
(42.41 KiB) Downloaded 8239 times
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

Oh man, this game (also) look soooooooo nice!!!!
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

The fact that this game is not for PC is a pure crime!! CRIME, i tell you!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I'm feelin your pain there paco!! Still, you can pick up a PS2 pretty cheap these days - that ain't no crime!! :D

btw: How you like that Impreza shot especially - damn near photorealistic ain't it?!

Viper: Yuh, the Skyline looks kinda like that blocky, squared off car at the end of the garage in NFSU, don't it. It's only a passing resenblance tho! :wink:
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

i was kinda meaning this one :P

GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Viper: Oh, I see!! Yup - a striking resemblance!

Aw man - I had an awesome post all done for this thread - release dates, features, platform support, car lists, even some movies!! But I guess I took too long putting it together and I got logged out in the meantime - when I came to post I got the old 'Sorry, you can only edit your own posts' message. When I clicked Back, the post text was gone. :cry:

Ah well, c'est la vie. At least check out these license test vids. There are better than 40 licence tests in the game, and the guy that made these has videos of himself getting gold on each and every one! They're in QuickTime format.
... and my favourite, car-wise at least...
If you're prepared to brave a bit of Japanese, these and 40-odd more vids can be found at http://www.holomedia.com/~solid/gt/school/. Some of them are real good, and some of them, like the Viper vid, are a little short and boring. If you find any great ones that are really worth watching (prolly toward the end of the page), let me know and I'll link them up in this post.

While you're doing that, I'll try and gather myself back up and get some more info to you guys soon!! :D

Oh, one thing - I can confirm for those asking that GT4 will be available for Playstation 2 and Playstation 2 only. Let's face it, Sony are the publishers - would you expect anything less?

Cheers, GT

EDIT: Ok I've downed every last video on the site above (heh, I'm nothing if not thorough! :D ) and am pleased to present...

GT's Selection

These five vids showcase five different tracks and cars from the game. Again, each one is a licence test, and the guy got gold on every one, so the driving is pretty nice. They're all replays too, shot from a trailing view, which is definitely not the ideal view for playing the GT series - in-car is the only way to go! So, on with the vids...

Note: You need QuickTime to view these. Right-click to download, left-click to stream...
If you have to pick and choose, go for the last two, the Grand Canyon track is seen on the 'Scenic' screen above - you gotta see this the crowrd frequently wander onto the track and then scurry out of the way as you powerslide aournd the bend toward them! The Citta di Aria course is absolutely amazing - has to be seen to be believed!! The Ford GT is really worth a look as well!

Finally, it seems that scattered throughout these licence tests are five 'fun tests called 'coffee breaks. They take place on a skidpan and the racer hmust complete a task, like following a figure eight etc. One really interesting coffee break involved drving around the skid pan using a radar screen to knock over as many safety cones as possible! Looked pretty difficult. Here is the final coffee break test, and by far the hardest. It really has to be seen to be beleived. Down it and I think you'll agree!!
Well, I am completely blown away by this game! Hell, I even feel kinda bored with NFSU right now after only watching these vids! :lol:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

^^^ Updated!! ^^^
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Watching time... :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

So Stig - did ya take a look?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

not all cause Comp crashed while downing... but seen alot...

It's a pire dilema...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

The best two are the Impreza and the Lancia - did you get either of those? Figure Paco would be hella interested in those too, with his huge rally bent and all..
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

nope didn't come that far... after that I went home.... and forgot about it...

so do it now... :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

found only one lesser point.... the Imprezza doen's go trough the curtains.. with ads on it on the side... (dunno what They are called off...) I know you can ride staight trough them.. in CMR 4 (ok In the big movie their are people standing there....

and one thing about the crowd.... they are anorexic... 2D... hope they change that... You can not have 2D crowds in 2004..
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yeah - two true points there. The crowds were like that in GT3 as well. Also agree about the fencing, but it''s the same deal as the signposts in CMR4. I think they're made that way so you can't shortcut. It does take away from the otherwise awesome realism, I'll grant ya...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

in CMR 4 you get a time penatly if you cross the borders and keep on going.... not if you just hit them but take a shotcut...

but what am I talking about you can't do it in NFS also
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Too bad in your TV screen it won't look like that. (Sacanlines) Damn Sony, the should realease them for PC also.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

can't we connect a PS2 to the PC and still play it on this... :D

or open the PS2 CDs
alexhull24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by alexhull24 »

I was privelidged to play the game last year, but WOW. those screens and videos are amazing. they are a bit of a develpoment on the version i played last year :wink:
I think it was the small version that has been released in japan. To tell you about the handling, though- it is much heavier. It also feels as if you are actually driving the car, especially when you use that certified wheel...
The game is also much more difficult. one track i raced was very narrow indeed. it looked like italy, and when i did i time trial in a dodge charger, i think, i could hardly keep from the walls!! The vibration, once again is spot on, but there is still no damage, even though Yamauchi-san said he had the permission to include it.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Aw man, I'm so jealous!! I think I know the track you mean there, there's one very steep and narrow track that runs though an Italian town - looks fantastic!!

About the damage - of course this is the one thing that everyone wants more than anything - did you hear anything more about why it won't be in the game?
alexhull24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

damage

Post by alexhull24 »

yeah, its not in the game because Polyphony Digital think it will take too much time to implement as it has been so long since the last release. We can hope for it in the next game. There will also be no motorbikes, which was hinted at one stage. there is an online mode, but they developers are having some trouble with bandwidth-there is not enough of it, even on broadband. I think it will be released in Europe in the early summer

Return to “The Games”