(R35 GTR!) Umm... yeah. What extreme machine to beat RYO?

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

(R35 GTR!) Umm... yeah. What extreme machine to beat RYO?

Post by baumaxx1 »

Firstly: >_<
I bought a R35 GTR and tuned it to lvl 3. It dominates grip... until I race Ryo. With better aerodynamics, grip and speed than a porshce, let alone an evo, why is it at the beginning of the race RYO manages to fly ahead? A twin turbo 6 cyl is > than a turbo 4, and I did do lvl4 engine and transmission for this. The GTR is also extremely slippery and has a better gearbox. So why is it so much slower in game?!!?!?!? What can I do to win with my GTR? I catch up on corners, but he wins on the straights. What tuning did you use for the Tokyo dockyard track with the triple hairpin before the end, the first Ryo grip one? Also, I come second and I still manage more than 8000 points, so how fast do I need to go?
Last edited by baumaxx1 on 06 Feb 2008, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: Umm... yeah. What extreme machine to beat RYO?

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

There is a reason why the GTR Proto is 30 grand dearer than the R35... Surprisingly even though it has lower stats from the outset, once you really tune it up it flies. But I still think the 911 Turbo is the Ultimate Grip Car IMO.
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

Think I beat him in a Skyline actually, good and cheap car for the money
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

A 911 is better... but stock GTR is >... And how's the Proto better? And how can EA get it so badly wrong?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I don't know how it works, but the GTR Proto mods affect the car better than the R35, which justifies the 90 grand price. But, I got a 911 Turbo now, and kicking @$$!!
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

O_o
You'd think it's be the opposite because the GTR has actually improved... Actually, a GTR and Evo are even, the evo is lighter, but the GTR is much more refined so it out corners, out accelerates from a corner and out brakes RYO. I did it, setting track records... how? Lower gearing, advanced timing, lower final drive depending on main straight. Easy.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Right, this is how it goes:

The GTR in real life can beat a 911 Turbo, it's been done, it's that simple. But:

1. It's a game for one, and an arcade-based game at that.
2. The 911, although very much underpowered compared to the GTR Proto, is the much superior car. And that 800Nm of torque hauls it at a considerable rate. It also handles sharper, and just overall feels better to drive.
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

Agreed, 911 is better me thinks
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Okay, the car i think you could do it with is the EVO IX.

Even though its older, slower, and generally worse, I've managed to set 19 track records out of 26 for all the grip races I've done. :D

The IX just seems to be better than the X, maybe mecause it's lighter and in my opinion, more wild. :!: :!:

And on the subject, what car do you think would be able to DOMINATE every single type of race? 8)

AKA the ultimate NFS Prostreet car.

Ryo's Evo seems like a good candidate... :?: :?: :?:
oh snap
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Andreaz1 wrote:Think I beat him in a Skyline actually, good and cheap car for the money
Do you mean the R34?

I have that car, and it absolutely dominates :) on most tracks.

Is the R35/Proto better? I haven't got enough money to try it yet, but...
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I set track records against Ryo with my R35 GTR.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Yeah, I REALLY think that the R35/Proto is better than the R34. It's got better 0-100 than the Zonda, In my opinion more control, and it's still got 4wd!

Its the perfect car!!! 8)
oh snap
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

The car I beat his hoody butt with was the Mitsubishi Evo X, tuned to level 3.

My thinking was use the same car as him and it worked. However, when I raced him with a level 4 Evo X, he flew off into the distance. Guess it's that same old sad EA AI-balancing act again :roll:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah... his evo seems to be unrealistically fast... at the beginning anyway. 8)
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Re: (R35 GTR!) Umm... yeah. What extreme machine to beat RYO?

Post by Sweeper »

Well my tactic is rather simple, I drive with manual clutch and with keyboard before you wonder about anything else.
Shifting up without letting off the gas almost always gives me the edge on corner exits over Ryo, generally he can get close to me, but he has problems passing me as I am rather agressive in some corners.
Furthermore if you drive a manual I recommend setting the number keys 1 to 6 to the individual gears when driving.

What I generally do to convince the car to take the corner is brake late, then down with the clutch and hit the 2 or 3 button depending on the corner, off the clutch and resume braking, usually thats when the understeer shows its ugly head in the R35.
That's when I yank the handbrake slightly to let the rear end move out smoothly, full power and let the 4WD save your butt, usually this gives me the edge over Ryo as he is much more conservative when it comes to cornering, as for straights I save the nitrous for those tight spots like the long straights, it is best used where your car has the definite advantage, when you have stabilized the car on the corner exit and the long straight begins, maximize your lead at that point.

Furthermore, you need to have determination when it comes to taking lines, sometimes you can get away with pretty high cornering speeds and some corners can be crunched with slight off pressure on the gas rather than the brakes allowing you to cut dangerously close to the edges but a lot faster than Ryo.

My only issue when racing Ryo is not grip, usually it is drift at some points, I never liked the Tokyo docks and there is the speed races on Nevada.
Good thing my tactic usually involves getting Ryo totalled on that course, introducing him to the ditch.
For grip racing though, if you are not determined in the corner, for an example spending too much time waiting for that slide to clear out or being too conservative is often where you lose out, you need to go in hard and fast if you want to have the edge on Ryo, smooth and slow GT4 style will not earn you any victories ;)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

BTW, I did do it quite easily but lowering the gears. About understeer, stiff rear tyres.
But drift was the worst against him... on the first track only.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Okay, I actually haven't made it to Ryo yet, but how what is the race format? Is it like any other raceday, or different?

And, WTF! My friends and other users of NFSunlimited seem to say that Ryo uses Evo for drift!

Isn't that technically illegal?
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yes evo for drift is illegal, but the game hates it's players. So ryo has an unfair advantage. but it goes time attack - drift -
sector shootout - drift - grip. The grip tracks are quite open, and the first drift track is a pain.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

only that many races???
Do you get to pick what order you do it in, or is it pre-set?
And is the first drift track available in any other racedays, or is it unique, because I might as well get some practice in...
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

whoops, the grip/drift events are in tokyo dockyards. The tracks are not unique, the first drift track is the one with the big spiral thing at the stars... where you start on an overpass.

First though, you have to get past Nevada events, where you do 1/4 mile, wheelie, 1/2 mile, speed, Top speed events. Maybe you don't do 1/4 mile and another speed, forgot those ones... But he usually ends up totaling himself if you're miles ahead... he could not do a thing against my GTR. except for once run me off the road and then total himself in the process landing on top of me also killing me. Yay... so worth it.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

That first drift track is a f-ing nightmare... They could've picked something easier, surely...
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

man, i'm s*** at drift (highest score 6000), and the Tokyo dockyards, especially that track, is a total nightmare (max is 4000). And also, which king is the hardest??? From experience, the drift king, but that's because I can't drift. :roll:
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

4000 is plenty to win. And the drift king is the hardest if you still have an AE86...
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Dude 4000 is plenty to beat Ryo and Aki Kimura, on the first Tokyo drift I can't get higher than 3500.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Yeah, I think you're right, but normally I get somewhere around 2,500-3,000, not 4,000. That time it was a fluke because I slammed into a wall, but intead of stopping, I kinda glanced it and did this massive angular drift.

Also, I've tried the drift king, but I had the wrong car (Pontiac GTO). I didn't realise how hard the tracks were. I shoulda got my RX-8 out whooped his ass.

Have you realised how cheap the AE68 is??? Just go onto a superpromotion raceday in 'raceday' on the main menu, and pick the blue AE68 for drift. It's one scary little car.
oh snap

Return to “Help & Support”