Earphones

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Earphones

Post by peterfaj »

I can usually find infos about stuff to buy myself, but with earphones, I'm cold. (Same with printers, but that's another story)
I need to buy new earphones, the small portable noes. I need ones with good strong bass and they need to be below 20€. (edit)
I currently have some Sony Ericsson earphones that came with a phone, but I lost a cap. They have almost good enough basses, but annoying high tones. I don't know why, but some songs sound annoying (they sound normal on my 5.1 speakers), too high. I can remove the high tones with the EQ, but then it's missing something and the songs that were normal before are a bit dull now.
Last edited by peterfaj on 07 Jan 2011, 16:01, edited 2 times in total.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Earphones

Post by Andre_online »

Apple's earphones FTW. I'm biased... :D
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I hate Apple earphones....too big, I can always hear what song my sister is playing on her shuffle even if the volume is on 25%, and they always fall out of my ears. Not to mention there's no bass. No-name brand 112dB bass in-earphones FTW. I'm biased...
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Sennheiser CX300's here. They have great bass and great quality, not to mention sound isolation. They're your best bet. Apple's headphones suck btw.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Andre_online wrote:Apple's earphones FTW. I'm biased... :D
LOL
LOLLER
LOLOLOL
LOLLERCOASTER

Only in-ears deliver proper bass, imo. Sennheiser's CX300 is a good choice, Creative EP630 if you want a little cheaper. EP830 is even cheaper I think, reviews say a little less bassy and better clarity than the 630.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Thanks for the replies. Of those you listed, I can only get Creative EP630 and for 40€. I was reading some reviews and one mentioned a price he got them for, 19$. I think I'm not buying those. Actually, now I think 50€ is a bit much for earphones. And I'm also thinking of buying another set of those big ones, for movies. All I do with earphones is listen to music when I'm not at home and watch movies when it's too late for speakers and I don't want people to yell at me. If the in-ear phones are good enough for movies too, I'll just buy those, but the big ones usually produce better sound quality, right?
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I actually have the Sennheiser CX400's, (I don't like the 300's cord,) which I got for about 40USD on Amazon.com.

I'm sure you could get them cheaper with a coupon from somewhere, I just don't know if there's an AU version of Amazon.
Anyway, is it that you can't find them, or can't afford them?

As for large headphones, I honestly don't know. I've got fairly large ears, and the full-sized headphones make them sore after an hour or so. I think you'll be surprised by the Sennheisers, though.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:I hate Apple earphones....too big, I can always hear what song my sister is playing on her shuffle even if the volume is on 25%, and they always fall out of my ears. Not to mention there's no bass. No-name brand 112dB bass in-earphones FTW. I'm biased...
I agree with you.

The Apple earphones that came with my Nano were too big for me. That's why I stick with speakers, I got an Altec Lansing.

I have also tried standard MP3 earplugs, the ones with a metal rod sticking out. They're very uncomfortable.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Carcrazy wrote:I'm sure you could get them cheaper with a coupon from somewhere, I just don't know if there's an AU version of Amazon.
You realize that he is in Slovenia, which is in Europe, and he even used the Euros symbol...
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Stereo wrote:
Carcrazy wrote:I'm sure you could get them cheaper with a coupon from somewhere, I just don't know if there's an AU version of Amazon.
You realize that he is in Slovenia, which is in Europe, and he even used the Euros symbol...
Erm, my fault. My location said Australia for some time, after I've seen his post I've quickly changed it back
Last edited by peterfaj on 05 May 2009, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Shure makes great in-ear headphones. They're slightly more expensive so I don't know if they fit your budget but they're amazing. They also come with various ear molds that fit your ear.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:I hate Apple earphones....too big, I can always hear what song my sister is playing on her shuffle even if the volume is on 25%, and they always fall out of my ears. Not to mention there's no bass. No-name brand 112dB bass in-earphones FTW. I'm biased...
I agree with you.

The Apple earphones that came with my Nano were too big for me. That's why I stick with speakers, I got an Altec Lansing.

I have also tried standard MP3 earplugs, the ones with a metal rod sticking out. They're very uncomfortable.
Have you seen the new shuffles earphones? The controls are on the earphones instead of the actual thing so if you lose/break the earphones it renders you're iPOD useless!! though it is pretty cool
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I have bought Pioneer SE-CL21M-J-K, in-ear earphones for 20€. They have good bass and they produce pretty good quality sound. Much better than those Sony Ericsson ones I had. Thanks for all your help, but I couldn't get any of the earphones you suggested, except for Creative EP630, but they were pretty expensive.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

You should try the JVC FX66 IEMs. They sound amazing, especially with the Kramer mod applied to them.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*

Return to “General Discussion”