SHIFT Milestones

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: SHIFT Milestones

Post by Hydro_PT »

zedex wrote:sigh finally got that star... but I cheated a little...

went to tweak my physicstweaker.xml and changed AI's Grip multiplier to 0.6 and mine to 2.5 ... lol

but even with that, I still had trouble getting spins... mostly tap outs or just plain old "trade paint"... sigh... at least i'm not sliding all over the place
Lol that star is the worst to get IMO. It took several attempts to get it... but I managed it without cheating. An easier way is to set AI difficulty to EASY, then race with a Works Converted car. Pick up the last player of that race and keep hitting him during the 3 laps. I got it after like 20 tries. :\
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

800 online wins =)

(33 losses)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

nice :) i think ill go online just to see "how it is" to play with normal players...(anyone up to race? not necessarily epic skill needed.....just a race for fun WITHOUT crashing on corners or cutting or whatever else ....)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

$100,000,000 :D
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

GT3x24x7 wrote:$100,000,000 :D
and i thought 14 million was alot.... =D>
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

ElvenAvenger wrote:
GT3x24x7 wrote:$100,000,000 :D

i thought 14 million was alot.... =D>
I have 28 million just sitting there... They really should have made more things to spend your money on... and refunding all money when you sell a car is just stupid... or at least charge us for parts and upgrades like they used to in last few NFS games
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

at some point in the game you just CAN'T possibly spend all your money. just CANT. if someone ever makes a trainer for money in Shift i will laugh so hard :lol: ...funny how at the very beginning of the game you work hard for each upgrade and later on suddenly you have infinite money for cars and parts.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

The primary aim of any game is to attract as many people as possible - sell as many copies as possible. The secondary goal of any game is longevity. Shift wasn't designed to be a pick-up, play, shelve in a month-kind of game. It's arcade and thus approachable in a pick-up-and-play kind of way, but the design beneath it offers enough variation and goals on the side to keep people interested for more than a month. Given these premises, it doesn't come as a big surprise that if the money is capped - ergo, you can't earn more past a certain stage - then it follows that selling the car must yield the same net income as the car costed with all its upgrades. If selling the car would yield less than what was spent on making it, and you can't make more money past a certain point (getting all stars, I reckon?), then it would be just a matter of time - and car swaps - before you would be bankrupt.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

@Summ: You could always play more races if you were in lack of money. Even after getting all stars you can repeat any event and win the full prize, like if it was the first time you would win that event. Quick Race is also a good way to make some money, and it's the first racing game ever where you win cash by playing alone...

It's stupid the amount of $ you earn in SHIFT. Firstly, it doesn't make sense to sell a fully upgraded car by the same price it cost you the car and all upgrades. You never sell something used as brand new. Secondly, in the beginning you don't get much money, but near the end you get an abnormal amount of cash that you cannot spend, no matter what cars/upgrades you buy. And thirdly, you can get money by doing a 1 lap race on any track without opponents (guaranteed victory).

I have about 28 million. It's stupid. -.-'
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^Hmmmm =/. I thought I'd stopped earning anything from racing the same race over and over. Do I really remember wrong? Like.. you get x amount of money for this and that star. Once you've earned them, you can't get that money again. I thought it worked that way. You're telling me it doesn't?

Well.. then I agree, doesn't make much sense to give back full price..
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Yes you can. You cannot get the stars again, but you get all the money like in the first time. And the Quick Race trick is just stupid... do one lap in an oval track without opponents and you get 40.000$. -.-'
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:Yes you can. You cannot get the stars again, but you get all the money like in the first time. And the Quick Race trick is just stupid... do one lap in an oval track without opponents and you get 40.000$. -.-'
the quick race money reward system seems to be firetrucked.
you get 40.000$ for one lap on a small oval alone with no opponents, and for a LONG and TIRESOME 20 LAP RACE you gain...suprise! 80.000$!
i think that even if it was damn 20 laps around nordschleife with bugatti veyron they would still give me only 80.000$
the money gain to force me to do that much on nordschleife would be rather 8 million... :twisted:
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

ElvenAvenger wrote:
Hydro_PT wrote:Yes you can. You cannot get the stars again, but you get all the money like in the first time. And the Quick Race trick is just stupid... do one lap in an oval track without opponents and you get 40.000$. -.-'
the quick race money reward system seems to be firetrucked.
you get 40.000$ for one lap on a small oval alone with no opponents, and for a LONG and TIRESOME 20 LAP RACE you gain...suprise! 80.000$!
i think that even if it was damn 20 laps around nordschleife with bugatti veyron they would still give me only 80.000$
the money gain to force me to do that much on nordschleife would be rather 8 million... :twisted:
8 million in Shift currency is... roughly equal to ... 40,000 in Shift Currency if you do it enough...

I see no difference really... they're just as useless...

and an update, i'm at 35million+ now...

over 1000 stars, missing only the tier 4 supercar event series, and the world tour's missing stars...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

funny, im at 45 driver level, 1009 stars, need to do works vs supercar championship and finish one race and driver duel in endurance(tier 3) and then it will be trying to get missing stars(tier 5 100% completion in first try)
only 15 million there.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

got all stars i could get... only missing the 75-lap endurance which i don't have...

started playing online... and found out a win is considered a podium finish... so it's much easier than I thought...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

zedex wrote:got all stars i could get... only missing the 75-lap endurance which i don't have...
75 lap endurance? There isn't such event lol...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

you get a 75 lap endurance at road america like a code for the bmw m3 gt2, code for elite series ...and the teeth cayman i think.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Hmm that's a lot of laps. Road America is a big track, so 75 laps is kinda abusive, don't you think?

I prefer to earn the M3 GT2 by beating the NFS Live World Tour. It's easier. :mrgreen:
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:Hmm that's a lot of laps. Road America is a big track, so 75 laps is kinda abusive, don't you think?

I prefer to earn the M3 GT2 by beating the NFS Live World Tour. It's easier. :mrgreen:
for me this would be like suicide.
3 laps of nurburgring and i go like: "im so tired, my hands are going to fall off" :lol: after 75 laps of road america i would probably stop playing for few days :oops:
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

oh yesterday, I went online... and this guy decided to do a time attack...

okay... where? nordshleife... okay...

then what I didn't notice was, he set the time to LONG! how long? 45 freakin minutes!!!

I hit esc, down, enter...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

That sounds like fun actually.. :P

1000 online wins just now.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

ElvenAvenger wrote:
Hydro_PT wrote:Hmm that's a lot of laps. Road America is a big track, so 75 laps is kinda abusive, don't you think?

for me this would be like suicide.
3 laps of nurburgring and i go like: "im so tired, my hands are going to fall off" :lol: after 75 laps of road america i would probably stop playing for few days :oops:
Hehe, 3 laps at Nordschleife is good. Try 10... I quitted after the 6th lap. :P
Skroting
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Skroting »

zedex wrote:got all stars i could get... only missing the 75-lap endurance which i don't have...
You don't get any stars for this race anyway. I did it and it took me almost three hours.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I'm not sure I'd want to race it anyway, but how is this race unlocked?
Skroting
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Skroting »

I pre-ordered the game and received a code to unlock it.

Return to “SHIFT”