Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Coming November 16th

Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Coming November 16th

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Man that is sweet...this is NFS to the roots for sure! Let's here more details before jumping to conclusions though.
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

from the gameplay footage, i think that split screen playin nfswill return on the pc. thats really going to the roots of nfs, criterion style!
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yeah, btw, that link has been removed, here's a good video with the E3 demo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBHl09cFkRg
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Since this is Criterion we're talking about, I'm betting this is gonna be the best NFS since Underground...
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

I Can't Wait 8) :twisted: =P~ =D> :P :D !!!!!!!!
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Any Possible Way we Can End up with this as one of the new exotics?

TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

yeah if it wasn't a concept back in 2004, I can't say that is new can you?

But back to the game

The video appears the make a full comeback to the days of Hot Pursuit, High Stakes and HP2, which sounds all good, but sadly it still is EA we are talking about and the do have the habit of messing stuff up...

So sorry if I'm not that exited, I do like a good old NFS, although HP2 was for me a bit of a disappointment also, to weird with barrel dropping helicopters etc.

But the car list looks decent so far. real sportscars so that is a good thing!
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

TheStig wrote:yeah if it wasn't a concept back in 2004, I can't say that is new can you?

But back to the game

The video appears the make a full comeback to the days of Hot Pursuit, High Stakes and HP2, which sounds all good, but sadly it still is EA we are talking about and the do have the habit of messing stuff up...

So sorry if I'm not that exited, I do like a good old NFS, although HP2 was for me a bit of a disappointment also, to weird with barrel dropping helicopters etc.

Well its New to Need for Speed, anyways and its definetly Exotic!!this CarList for Hot Pursuit should Definetly Be Exotic Car Heavy, if their keeping within the series established tradition there should no be mass amounts of tuners and muscle cars these tracks should be top speed friendly leadfoot havens if previous Hot Pursuit 2 on Ps2 was any indicator....
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

TheStig wrote: So sorry if I'm not that exited, I do like a good old NFS, although HP2 was for me a bit of a disappointment also, to weird with barrel dropping helicopters etc.

which version did you play? because if it wasn't on the PS2, i totally understand... very nearly garbage. otherwise, i disagree

but yeah, it would seem that my wishes have been granted :) i just hope EA doesn't screw this up for criterion. powerups aren't a great start i gotta say...

buuut at least the carlist is looking excellent and the tracks look nice so far.
i have nothing more to add
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Was indeed not the PS2, that was the only one that was a good game, I was playing it on the PC, and it was boring, didn't live up the the good old first HP and High stakes versions
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Very True they fired the team that worked on the other 2 vers. HP2
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

TheStig wrote:yeah if it wasn't a concept back in 2004, I can't say that is new can you?

But back to the game

My only response is that you just can't assume EA will mess it up because of its history. That would be like saying that SEGA's next 3D Sonic game will be horrible because (according to the majority of Sonic fans) there hasn't been a good one since SA2.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

hey, needforspeed on facebook have post some pics of cars. In game cars.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 2717370297

well maybe we can add some of the cars under the offical car list example the Ford GT.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

so firts GT5 on nov 2nd and HP coming Nov 16th, who cares about december and xmas, im gettin presents for thanksgiving :D
Instagram @SupraHKS
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

So far the disappointing screwup news is just starting to roll in, No Customization No Tuning, No Free roam(but Closed Tracks) at Least in the Pursuit Mode they were demoing at the show Also no weather/or times of day....
Only thing I'd like see if they strip all other stuff besides pursuits focused only is if they'd bring back the customized license plates from High Stakes here the link to the info I've found thus far.....

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/nee ... cs%3Btitle

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6266155/
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Tviper7 wrote:No Customization No Tuning, No Free roam
that's a GOOD thing...

you DO NOT need customization or tuning to be a NEED FOR SPEED... stay as FAR away from Underground as possible...

but weather and time of day would be a great addition... which HP2 lacked...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote: My only response is that you just can't assume EA will mess it up because of its history. That would be like saying that SEGA's next 3D Sonic game will be horrible because (according to the majority of Sonic fans) there hasn't been a good one since SA2.
Yes you can, see I just did it.
People do it all the time, stockexchanges work on that principal, you look at how a company worked in the past and predict how it will do in the future.
And EA and NFS don't have such a good trackrecord the last couple of years so, maybe you don't think so, but the last gen of NFS games wasn't that great.

So yeah I'm not that exited, EA ruined my hopes several time so I don't get my hopes up any more....
Maybe I am positively suprises.
The game does look good, but give me one game that doesn't look good in the first promoshots
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

zedex wrote:
that's a GOOD thing...

you DO NOT need customization or tuning to be a NEED FOR SPEED... stay as FAR away from Underground as possible...

Well I'll let u have the customization, but seriously with no tuning this gonna get real boring, real fast especially with leaderboards and competitive play of today cause it will turn into to bugatti or CCX Fest 2010 arguably the two fastest cars in the world and in this new game as well there playing favorites already.....

See I'm not saying I need Underground Level Tuning, But I would like everyone to have a reason to use more than the fastest pursuit or racer car outside of single player the "overdrive ability" for racers & the "nitro" for cops might mitigate this but I doubt it thats all I'm worried about. If criterian Artifically Balanced the game so no one car could dominate it'd be awesome they don't have to stick to reality its HP.....

besides if were all forced to use the same car to be competitive it'd be nice if I could tell your bugatti from my bugatti with a custom license plate ala NFS High Stakes

Everyone can't always play with friends so u'll end up in public lobbies sooner or later scrapping for position they'll probably bring back the tier system so u can easily see where this could turn bad really quickly without tuning? I like variety and surprises I've played alot forza3 and I know mentality of many online players when forced into hopper system no one wants to lose... and since almost every game is switching to hopper vs dedicated servers their not alot control u can have when forced to play public matches.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

zedex wrote:
that's a GOOD thing...

Most people do want customization, so what good does that do?
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

I haven't logged in to comment on NFS news in a while but this is totally worth it! WOOT!!!
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LancerEvoFan0504 »

I just cant wait to drive a lamborghini reventon for 100 miles!!!! :D

Return to “News”