Less Destruction Derby and more racing...

2010 Need for Speed World
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Less Destruction Derby and more racing...

Post by Wolfseye »

Is it just me or is the number of people just racing to ram someone off the street bigger than really to race a race ?
Does ruin the gameplay a bit for me. Anyone is just trying to ram the other, no matter if they actually win doing that. Really low if you ask me. :roll:
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Less Destruction Derby and more racing...

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Agree 100% with you Wolfseye. I've only been playing this week and it's already pissing me off.

If it annoys you HEAPS then try to stick to single player and private races.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Agree 100% with you Wolfseye. I've only been playing this week and it's already pissing me off.

If it annoys you HEAPS then try to stick to single player and private races.
Single Player is sort of the same for me. Those damn AI Chargers are pushing my Silvia around like a cardboard box :(
It wouldn't be weird, but for some reason every AI car does that to me. While they dont have some sort of set racelines, they still dont take into consideration that i MIGHT, in fact, be in their way!
Only walls stop them from pushing me off the road :lol:
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Haha the AI has been a little kinder on me..But real people can take dirty to a brand new level...how's about 3rd last corner, winning the whole race, guy comes and SLAMS me against the side, my car flips in the air, lands 3 secs later on it's back, end up finishing last.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

A race just started, and I wondered why I wasn't moving forward. Thought a lag of some kind or other bug. Then i realize some a**** in front of me seems to have fun stepping on his backward keys, pushing me back just for the fun of it. Clearly he couldn't win a race like that, but like unfortunately for so many, it seems to be more fun to keep others from winning than winning oneself.

And thats just one of many bad examples. I feel like in CS (Counter Strike) where usually (no offence) the most stupid people are playing. Seems NFS:W becomes like that. And its taking the fun out of it. I usually am a Trackmania fan, mapping for that for years now, and I thought lets try that new NFS:W. Well, my experience of only a short time shows me exactly why I should stick with Trackmania.
BASGTA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BASGTA »

It seems like no one knows how to drive in this game. I remember racing with this one guy and he plowed into me on every corner. At the end of the race I chatted to him about it and his reply was "this is nfs you don't need brakes lol" I couldn't help but facepalm.

I've always thought NFS fan boys were some of the stupidest kind. Don't get me wrong, I was a NFS fan boy for years. The first time I played NFS III I was addicted to the series, High Stakes being my all time favourite game and time consumer. EA just turned the series into shiznit, like all of their sports titles they release one every year (two this year) with very minor changes. (Anyone else notice how the traffic vehicles from Underground 1 and 2 are in every NFS after that?) I'm just glad EA has given up and given the title over to Criterion games this time around.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

Just a couple minutes ago I had another one of those that break you down from the start on purpose. Man, this sucks so much. Ain't fun. Others really know how to drive and I respect that, but most of them are just in for the bother.

Even if it has nothing to do with the topic, the Computer AI is so absolutely stupid and annyoing at the same time, i can't stress that more.
acbx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by acbx »

Well, personally I sucked more in SP races than MP, in mp as long as you get ahead at the start of the race and maintain it theres a 99% chance you're gonna win unless you get caught by a traffic magnet because the people behind are gonna get effed up by all the ramming. :?

I think there should be some sort of collision on/off as an option whenever EA updates the game some more.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Even worse when you are glitching about the place due to a minimum of 300ms of lag. Funny thing though I won the race though 4 cars were ahead of me onscreen! Played a few SP games and same thing. Gave up after that unless an Aussie server (not damn ASIA) is setup, it's just a waste of time, especially with the idiots who are on there for the most part (not saying you guys are ;) ).
Foot2Gas
Stock
Stock

Post by Foot2Gas »

I could not agree more. It seems there are some that just want to hit everything in site and it also seems the number is growing. I can't stand it cause I try to be a very clean racer. I understand there is going to be some bumping and such, but when I am hit so hard by another racer it flips my car on it's roof. That is ridiculous. If u want to tear stuff up, go off somewhere away from the races and have at it.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

Yep, exactly. If you ask me, they should put the Ghost Mode into MP races and keep the Ramming, for those who can't live without it, into the Pursuit mode. I have been playing Trackmania for over 2 years now, and I couldn't be more happy than I am for that Ghost Mode there. You can concentrate on the race and really finish a track, which is depending on the Track, not so easy. :mrgreen:

Example:

In a map like this you have to concentrate on your own self, not getting bothered by some stupid m*****. Sorry my language, but the noob-ramming in NFS:W really annoys me, making me loose interest in the game, and that would be a shame because of such people. The Game has potential, but I doubt EA is the right company to build some up like this. Clearly they seem not to know what to do, or there wouldn't be just 2 Servers after announcing that its free to play now.
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LITE992 »

Nearly every racing game that's made has this problem, except games where collisions are turned off. Racing games online are barely any fun anymore, because at the start of the race some noob's gonna pit everybody, or you're about to win and get smashed to hell by a loser, who drives on like nothing happened.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

I am really glad to read that here, that other people also are annoyed by that. Unfortunately in the EA Forum such a topic went into a complete shiznit thread because some think that if you can't handle a little ramming, you're n00b and should stay out of the game. They dont get that there is a difference between a little ramming and a continously ramming by some J***A** who can't drive but also don't want others to finish.

Whats wrong with the people these days ? They probably already have LVL50 and don't care about these things anymore because they dont have to worry with their fast cars and whatnot. But why do I have the feeling that when they were new to the game, they were annoyed as well. Funny how things change, aint it ?
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

That's why I like games where if you ram someone you suffer damage as if you had rammed them. That way to stay in the race you need to AVOID ramming people. It's a pretty easy concept. Hell even F1 drivers use the fallibility of cars to win by cheating (Senna vs Prost anyone).

If you fail because you rammed the hell out of someone then even though that's one unlucky bloke/gal at least it isn't 8 or 12 pissed off racers.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

If they would have included a real damage system, e.g. everyone can suffer damage that has to be repaired after each race so you are able to drive again, depending on how hard the damage would be. But from what I heard they decided completely against real damage in NFS:W. And there goes the game, thats all I can say...

Besides, though its not part of the topic, funny to read how to put out new Patches to supposedly fix the friendlist for those with a lot of friends in there. Well, I got 7 people in there, wouldnt necessarely call it large, but half of us still cant see ourselves when we're online. So what fix was that supposed to be ? Instead of putting a couple more Servers up to actually handle the number of players, especially in the evening. Now its morning my time (Germany) currently, now I can get in without problem, even without big lag. 10 hours from now in the evening, its a struggle between a message that the servers are full and I cant get in or if I get in, i lag like hell, so does everythng else.

Ok, offtopic out. Had to get rid of that. ;)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

The thing with damage is that it'll slow down the races, you hate the lag now, then all the memory being used for the contact's going to do nothing but slow the game down further. I think the obvious answer is either mandatory or optional non collision detection - meaning cars can pass through each other w/o damage. This ensures that the person who RACED the best wins, and that dirty cheats gets the rep and cash they deserve.

Several days into the game I found myself yelling expletives at the computer at the morons who slam me on a constant basis eg. DIRTY CHEATS! D_HEAD! etc and then you get onto the actual agro stuff. :lol:

Another thing - there are a large portion of the non boneheaded NFS community that want to race fairly, so just add each other to each others friends list, because we can rely on each other not to cheat your way into winning a race.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I did about 7 multiplayer races today, driving my T mobile mazdaspeed3 :P
I was winning for like 3 or 4 races, then a 2nd place because of one guy crashing me( i still managed to overtake him on the last corner, he cant drive for shiznit) and last 2-3 races were literally a god damn crashfest. I lost obviously, im no good at destruction derby-with-nfs-physics.
Summary of last race: Start first with 370Z being just as fast as me(he probably didnt perfect start), game alt tabs because of antivirus, start driving again on last place, manage to retake 2nd place just before finish, get mass crashed back into 7th place.

This is getting annoying, i see mass people in tier 1 cars without any vinyl tuning done just paint, that just crash and crash and cant drive for shiznit, and yet they manage to win races because of this.

Seriously WTF?
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

Yeah well, i know exactly what you mean. Had the same experience again today. Its redicolous. Also got the T-Mobile Mazda :) and hell, with a little tuning its really fast. Tried my favourite track, Rockbridge, where you can make good money and points for my level (14), and w00t, the car went like crazy. First time with that Mazda and I got so far away from the rest, half the track on first place. Then some little mistake and some stupid AI stuff, and boom, they were on me. And it was a crash fest. It was redicolous. Ended up being 7th.

I could have killed someone at that time. Those people are redicolous. Earlier today i met someone in a race, after I told the others that i think they are morons that cant drive but only ram, he agreed, must have hated it as much as I did. I added him to my friendslist, we talked a bit and did 2 races. After that we both agreed that if races were like those 2, we would love the game.

So one 1 nice guy, 100 a***** ... Thats a sad statistic, ain't it ?
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

There is a discussion about that on EA Forums, unfortunately too many people dont see it as a problem. Probably because they like to do the ramming themselves.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/2315878.page
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Well in that race where i started just as fast as a 370Z, and moments later i saw him get crashed by some idiots i actually felt bad for him being last. I could have had a good race with him but as usual they just had to ruin it.
But there is kind of no choice, either way you have to put up with Destruction Derby gameplay.

MP races= crashers
Single player=AI not only spams traffic magnets but also rams you instead of avoiding you
Pursuits= crashfest

Besides, Single player races have pathetic rep and money rewards. you are better off losing a 8 man multiplayer race than winning a singleplayer race.

Also i dont understand how having more players makes you earn more money and rep.

Ok so instead of racing with just 2 people, you race with 2 people and the rest is somewhere far behind you unable to do a thing ( thats how most races look like until someone decides to ram others).
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

iRacing has a ranking system. If you have clean races, your rank increases. If you crash or get crashed (we know that computres can't tell the difference), your rank decreases. So high ranked players only play among each other, whereas low ranked players must try to stay out of trouble to climb the ladder. I've read that it works.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

An interesting idea, but when you crashe (happens a lot when other racers make heavy contact with me) then I can't really help that...
r4ptor85
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r4ptor85 »

EA need to have collision off for private race.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

r4ptor85 wrote:EA need to have collision off for private race.
Not in private but in public Races I would say. In private races you can play with friends etc. that you know, play fair. In public races you never know whats coming.
r4ptor85
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r4ptor85 »

Wolfseye wrote:
r4ptor85 wrote:EA need to have collision off for private race.
Not in private but in public Races I would say. In private races you can play with friends etc. that you know, play fair. In public races you never know whats coming.
Maybe player can vote for collision on/off before race start.

Return to “World”