World: More on performance customization

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

World: More on performance customization

Post by Bojan »

This Tuesday was the release day of a new version of Need for Speed World which brought in several new features, including performance customization, car durability, booster packs and more (for a complete changelist see here).
To explain how the new performance customization works, there is a how to article available on the official site which answers the most common questions. Read it here.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: World: More on performance customization

Post by mean2u »

wow wow wow. they only made PERFORMANCE parts customizable. you know, the parts that NO ONE can see. all the visual parts are still in kits. who complained about performance parts being in packs? i thought they considered everything you could buy for your car to be a performance upgrade and then allow you to pick visual parts individually so that not every has the same rims and hideous body kit. gg ea [-X
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

mean2u wrote:wow wow wow. they only made PERFORMANCE parts customizable. you know, the parts that NO ONE can see. all the visual parts are still in kits. who complained about performance parts being in packs? i thought they considered everything you could buy for your car to be a performance upgrade and then allow you to pick visual parts individually so that not every has the same rims and hideous body kit. gg ea [-X
/facepalm

Bodykits are now separate from performance, as in you can choose to buy a bodykit if you wished. They are the same selection as before, but mow your aesthetic choices does not affect your performance. They also cost quite less money to buy, so it's better for visual tuners than before.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

_BLAHHEAD_ wrote:
mean2u wrote:wow wow wow. they only made PERFORMANCE parts customizable. you know, the parts that NO ONE can see. all the visual parts are still in kits. who complained about performance parts being in packs? i thought they considered everything you could buy for your car to be a performance upgrade and then allow you to pick visual parts individually so that not every has the same rims and hideous body kit. gg ea [-X
/facepalm

Bodykits are now separate from performance, as in you can choose to buy a bodykit if you wished. They are the same selection as before, but mow your aesthetic choices does not affect your performance. They also cost quite less money to buy, so it's better for visual tuners than before.
you can put your hand down now.

if you actually bothered reading what i posted, i'm talking about visuals still only being a package. in case you dont understand what this means, it means that you have 6 packages to select from. if you like these rims, you have to use them with this body kit. say you like package 2's rims but you like package 3's body kit, it's impossible to have the best of both because they're all packages instead of individual components.

if you're still confused do not hesitate to reply =D>
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yes, but did your actually expect them to do that? They made no mention of visual tuning updates whatsoever, they just said they had a new performance system.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

^^^^ Actually they mentioned some time ago that you would be able to buy separate visual parts, they even showed some pictures of a wheel selection screen. ;)

I guess we just have to wait until they release that. At least now we can choose the bodykit we want and the performance parts we want, that's certainly an improvement.
Levthon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Levthon »

yea awesome, worry about the performance costumazition, dont worry about the lagg that faks up the game and it makes unplayable, no dont worry about fixing it, worry about more costumization. EPIC FAIL
jazx
Stock
Stock

Post by jazx »

I allready gave them a piece of my mind at NFS Forum, and intend to to it here.
V5 is a major disappointment. I played the games' new version for about 3 hours and got so sick of it, that lost all my will of playing it for a long period of time. Pursuits are impossible, racing has gotten worse, and that's saying something with all the F*CKING RAMERS AND CHEATERS!! Sure, thumbs up for the new performance customatization, but these minor updates do not shadow V5's major FAIL!!
I know I'm not the only offended one, so speak up people. Kick EA in the shins untill they make the game playable again!
-777X-
User deactivated: autofinish
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

jazx wrote:Pursuits are impossible, racing has gotten worse, and that's saying something with all the F*CKING RAMERS AND CHEATERS!!
Exactly how "pursuits are impossible" and "racing has gotten worse"? What changed so much that you don't want to play anymore?

I haven't installed version 5 yet, so I can't give an opinion, but I don't see anyone (here, at least) saying what you said. Care to explain? :)

PS: I just saw on World's website that the first patch for Version 5 is out, and it fixes some stuff. http://world.needforspeed.com/news?lang=#14795
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Yes, but did your actually expect them to do that? They made no mention of visual tuning updates whatsoever, they just said they had a new performance system.
uh yeah, i actually did considering they said that parts would be in slots and prior to this patch, there was no distinction between visual and performance parts. also yeah, like hydro pt said they had a pic of rim selection. i hope this feature isnt so much to ask for since the select rims feature has only been in the nfs series since 2003 (ie the past 7 years)
jazx
Stock
Stock

Post by jazx »

Hydro_PT wrote:
jazx wrote:Pursuits are impossible, racing has gotten worse, and that's saying something with all the F*CKING RAMERS AND CHEATERS!!
Exactly how "pursuits are impossible" and "racing has gotten worse"? What changed so much that you don't want to play anymore?

I haven't installed version 5 yet, so I can't give an opinion, but I don't see anyone (here, at least) saying what you said. Care to explain? :)
Sure, I'll explain. Pursuits are near impossible cuz you can't find cops anywhere. If you do stumble across some lone cop car it is most likely to disappear. if you do manage to begin a pursuit with that lone cop, the next thing that happens is the cop will disappear during the pursuit and no backup is to be found. Eventually you end up with a 25 sec. pursuit evaded.
I didn't do much racing, cuz' I'm more of a cop killer, but when I did race I noticed that some racers start about 2 sec before others. There is more, but I only read about other bugs.
And finaly the game crashes down quite frequently
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Hmm...once again I'll point out that I haven't played V5 yet, but those bugs you (jazx) pointed out were evident before the patch as well. I frequently had 25 sec. pursuits, and at times cars would start at different times during races. Not saying it's not a problem, but I don't think its V5's fault.

Also, @mean2u, yes, but once again you can't expect them to include a feature that they never said they would do, so you can't have a go at them for that. Likelihood is that in the future more body customisation is available, which I myself would want as much as you, but they didn't say they would do it yet so you can't blame them for that.
jazx
Stock
Stock

Post by jazx »

Sure, v4 had/has some bugs too, but before they upgraded to v5, previous version was very stable, I didn't encouter any bugs( mb some minor barier displacement) and pursuits weren't unresonable. Your 25 sec pursuits might have been a succesfull getaway, but when I played the last time(17.11.2010.) cops just weren't avaliable(retired? LOL). I checked out the link Hydro has added and it seems that pursuit and other major bugs have been fixed, so my distaste for v5 was a bit hasty...anyway, it's not like I've given up on World it's just that the long awaited new version was a major blow of FAIL to me
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Hmm...once again I'll point out that I haven't played V5 yet, but those bugs you (jazx) pointed out were evident before the patch as well. I frequently had 25 sec. pursuits, and at times cars would start at different times during races. Not saying it's not a problem, but I don't think its V5's fault.

Also, @mean2u, yes, but once again you can't expect them to include a feature that they never said they would do, so you can't have a go at them for that. Likelihood is that in the future more body customisation is available, which I myself would want as much as you, but they didn't say they would do it yet so you can't blame them for that.
im only even posting in this thread because i sincerely thought it was implied.

the whole time they were touting that you could select parts for each slot and before this patch visual parts were rolled into performance upgrades. this led me to believe that rims and stuff still be considered part of performance post-patch because they didnt say they were splitting visual parts into their own category. in fact it still makes sense to me that rims would be considered performance as its a great way to reduce weight on a car.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I played V5 last night and I'm honestly impressed. There are a lot of changes to the game, especially the GUI. Some are very minor, but I liked them all. :)

Now to the "big changes":

- The prices for most cars and parts was greatly reduced, and you can know tune certain cars earlier (for example, the performance parts for my Audi R8 can be unlocked at Level 34, instead of at Level 40).

- The sound of the cars was also improved, I loved how my Scirocco sounds now, especially when I left off the gas and hear the turbo going off, really really nice. :mrgreen:

- The performance tuning is much better, the GUI is very easy to use and practical. Instead of bars now we have numbers to indicate the performance of our car, and we have much more "freedom" when it comes to what part of the car we want to tune. There are 4 parts for each "zone" of the car (4 engines, 4 brakes, etc.). Each one offers different performance, for example a certain part offers +2 acceleration and +1 top speed, while another offers +1 acceleration and +3 top speed, so you can choose depending on what you want.

- Whenever you want to buy a new car, you will see the performance of the car you want to buy and also the performance of your current car, so you can see if it is better or not (green bar means it is better, red bar means it is worst). Yesterday I was comparing my Lotus Elise to other Tier 2 cars and I found out that the Toyota Supra had more top speed and acceleration, but a worse handling. Might be a future buy. :)

- The handling of the cars also seems different, but I cannot say for sure.

- The GUI while playing is shinier, at least it looks more brilliant (lap times, power-ups, etc.). Maybe this is in preparation for night racing.

- Your car for a given race is now your "avatar", this is very nice as I always like to see what other players will be driving. You should have an option to maximize the window and see the car in more detail though, like you used to do when clicking on "player profile" while in the lobby.

There are a lot more changes, I don't remember some now, but if I go playing, I will certainly come up with more. :wink:

Now the bad things:

- Pursuits are indeed impossible, not because of the lack of cars, but because of the absurd amount of cop cars, Rhinos and spike stripes. I started a pursuit with my Corvette (Heat Level 5) and I was immediately surrounded by Rhinos and I had spike stripes every 100 meters. I usually do pursuits on the highways, but even there it is too hard to avoid the police, they all come down on you, especially the Rhinos, and you have no way of getting out.

- When selecting a performance part for your car, obviously you can only buy the parts that belong to the Tier of you car. However you have all parts displayed, so you have to constantly scroll up and down to find the ones you can use. They should make a "filter" to avoid other parts showing up. If I cannot install Tier 1 and Tier 2 parts on my Audi R8, why do I want them there filling space? #-o

Well that's all I can think of at the moment. Version 5 is certainly a big improvement to the game, and I'm sure that the bugs and problems we are facing will gradually be fixed with new patches over the next weeks. We just have to be a bit patient, an MMO takes time to be build, and they couldn't develop this game "offline" like they do with other games. It must be out and people must be playing it, otherwise they wouldn't know what to fix and what to improve. There is no better QA team than the players, and World's QA team is surely very big. :D
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Another bad side: Stat bars are still a lie.

Ok, 310 top speed on Mazda RX-7, and Evo 9 has 300.

Which one is faster according to the bars? Obviously, RX-7.
And in-game? Evo9 has higher top speed.
Evo 9 has 320 Handling, RX-7 has around 285 or something, anyway, RX-7 handles WAY better than Evo 9.

I wanted to buy Supra but 400k....it took me about 10 levels in order to have ENOUGH money for RX-7. that's 60k for you, and i bought a +25% money boost on the way.

Return to “News”