NFSU 2 info

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSU 2 info

Post by Bojan »

EA posted a more detailed Need for Speed Underground info page.

Especially interesting are the key features:
# Free-Roaming City: Explore a massive city divided into five distinct, interconnected neighborhoods, ranging from serpentine suburban hills to an intense downtown grid. A complex series of drivable freeways connect the neighborhoods together.

# Emergent Gameplay: Want to make a name for yourself in the underground? You’ll need to find it first. Races can happen anywhere and at any time and as players encounter rivals on the street they’ll be clued into where they can buy the hottest upgrades or enter the most elite events.

# New Gameplay Modes: Three new gameplay modes are added to last year’s circuit, drift and drag competitions, challenging gamers to hone their skills in a number of driving disciplines.

# Performance Tuning: Tune every aspect of your car’s performance with hundreds of licensed aftermarket performance upgrades and then fine-tune everything from the gear ratio to the suspension for the ultimate ride.

# The Hottest Cars: More than thirty of the most sought-after tuner cars are available from the hottest manufacturers--from Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan, and Toyota to Ford and Volkswagen, if they’re hot on the street, they’re in the game.

# Visual Customization: With more than twice the visual customizations of last year’s game, there are literally billions of car combinations available to gamers. Featuring audio upgrades, scissor doors, spoilers, headlights, side skirts, roof scoops, hoods, rims, wide body kits, neon and more, if you can trick it out in real life, you can trick it out in Need for Speed Underground 2.

# Environmental Variety: Each of the five distinct neighborhoods in Need for Speed Underground 2 feature a unique look and feel, including varied driving conditions and track types. Road surfaces, real-time weather effects, and environmental hazards will keep gamers on their toes as they race from dusk till dawn.

# Online: Gamers can put their reputation on the line, challenging the world’s best racers online for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.*.
Read the whole info page here.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Alright, sounds ... frustrating, just as any other standard PR release news. Obviously in a few days, as E3 draws to the end, more might come out... Some things certainly hint at some things - race from dusk till dawn sort of implies we don't get to race during the days (I guess it 'illegal' during the day...). 3 new game modes, but doesn't say what they are... Billions of vinyls sounds very cool too (j/k). But scissort doors - if they did go that far... That shows the doors open up, and that in turn implies much more for the car detail... For sure exciting to see what comes out when details are released, but I'm not going to be very optimistic this time.
ed'dy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ed'dy »

WOW cool, like the audio tuning, free roam is awesome 8)
shorty90210
Ricer
Ricer

Post by shorty90210 »

Oooooohhhh, i am looking frward to this. Freeroaming will be awesome, and with those upgrades.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFSU 2 info

Post by SuperRacer »

bobyx wrote:# Online: Gamers can put their reputation on the line, challenging the world’s best racers online for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.*.
Better not be only on PS2...
Nomad
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFSU 2 info

Post by Nomad »

# Performance Tuning: Tune every aspect of your car’s performance with hundreds of licensed aftermarket performance upgrades and then fine-tune everything from the gear ratio to the suspension for the ultimate ride.
Thank you god.

SuperRacer, that info is taken from EA's PS2 news section. Thats why it spicificly mentions the PS2 for online as this time around, PS2 players and PC players won't be able too race each other. The PC version will have this aswell and possibly the X-Box since the Online contract between EA and Sony has ended.
steffG09
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by steffG09 »

the underground concept was an excellent idea in the first place so an improved version will be da bomb
nightrider
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nightrider »

am i the only one wit a nice and cheap gamecube cause the gamecube should get online. thats wats so annoying. no online for gamecube! :(
DominicRX7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DominicRX7 »

Performance Tuning: Tune every aspect of your car’s performance with hundreds of licensed aftermarket performance upgrades and then fine-tune everything from the gear ratio to the suspension for the ultimate ride.
Sweet, I can't wait until this game comes out.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Well, we haven't seen the gear ration adjustment and suspension for a while... Sound very PU in this case. And if so, hell yes, that's great news! Please, the car list?
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

im lking forward to number 1,4,5 and 6..please please please please fix the damage factor EA!!! for the love of god fix traffic cars as well..why cant they just make it all round gd, i mean ill wait, take as long as u want EA but give us something to love for a long time
Nomad
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nomad »

I couldn't have said it any better, bronco
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

to tell u the truth my main want in car customization is the choice of having NO WING AT ALL! notice for supra and some other cars stock is actually an ugly wing?? u cant have no wing. and rx7 as well! so frustration, i cant make my fav car:(...graphics wise i think itll be something like betw ut3 and ut4, no difference...cause frankly i dont think it can get any better..if it does i dont htink ill notice it anyway till i get a new vid card
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

sounds good....
now only a car list and I know if it goes on top of my game wanted list
1995-eclipse
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 1995-eclipse »

sounds great but i would like to know if you can have more than one car and have a garage (like gran turismo) or will you still have to have only one car and trade other ones in.....
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

well .. you can only race in 1 car at a given time whatsoever ... so I don't see the point. The customization part sounds juicy indeed ... has EA actually LISTENED to their customers for once? *blink*
1995-eclipse
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 1995-eclipse »

yeah... but it would be more realistic
1995-eclipse
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 1995-eclipse »

yeah thats what i thought
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Please don't double-post, 1995-eclipse. It's classed as spamming. You should edit your previous post by clicking the Edit button at top right of your post. Note also that your avatar pic is too large.

More info is available here.
ed'dy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ed'dy »

lookin' really really forward to this game :lol:

Return to “News”